Ange - Emile Jacotey CD (album) cover

EMILE JACOTEY

Ange

DrömmarenAdrian
4 stars This is the french group Ange's fourth studio record from 1975. The Band was made up by a six men strong ensemble: Guenole Biger, Jean Michel Brezovar, Christian Decamps, Francis Decamps, Daniel Haas and Gerald Jelsch. It is seldom you fins such a theatrical expressivity in the vocals as in this music. I love the vocals and how they drive everything on this record. It is just unfortunately I don't understand french, but it sounds great.This is the first Ange record I review but the third I listen to (after Le Cimetière de Arlequins and Au-Delà Du Délire).

The track a prefer on this plate is those most coherent with the deepest feelings included. "Sur la trace des Fées (5/5)" is such a quite slow song with a prophetic and very dramatic attitude. "Ego Et Deus"(5/5) is a little harder but very catchy. "Les Noces" (5/5) has a driving organ and very melodical guitar almost playing rock'n'roll and ends in ecstasy. Furthermore "Le Nain de Stanislas" (4/5) also is excellent. Sometimes on this record I get a medieval feeling. The theatrical vocals and the ancient sounding composition makes Ange a bunch of jesters entertaining their audience for som swill and mercy. I find their music very attractive. All tracks here aren't very good but over all there is a high quality. For exampel I can't really enjoy the first goat track. This is thus an excellent addition to a prog rock collection.

DrömmarenAdrian | 4/5 |