Made In Sweden - Snakes In A Hole CD (album) cover

Made In Sweden

3 stars This was taking place in 1969, actually before prog was a concept of fame. Made in Sweden was a well known Swedish fusion band in the late sixties and early seventies led by guitar virtuoso Georg (Jojje) Wadenius. This record is their second (of four) and contains lot of interesting compositions. I am not very into jazz but I can enjoy new combinations and odd structures as well as anything else.

"Snakes in a hole" the title track is very innovative with a screaming violin and some rock'n'roll tendencies. Wadenius sings and everybody warble in a nice way. "Lay lady lay" is perhaps the best track, a harmonic and a bit symphonic piece with a pure an clear feeling. "Little Cloud" is also a favourite, unusual song and harmony. That is a track I'll recommend. Over all I think this music is too low-key, not as distinct as a would wish. Also there is to many blues influences for my taste like in "Discoteque people". This record has some interesting themes and skillful musicians but the result is too weak. But remember this is an early record, many prog giants were not musically born yet.

DrömmarenAdrian | 3/5 |