Evolución - Umbrales CD (album) cover

erik neuteboom
4 stars I still remember that I added Chilean band Evolucion to this site, I had severe doubts about the category: symphonic prog or jazzrock/fusion because their sound on the CD Era De Pisces (2005) was between early-Camel (Moonmadness-Mirage-era) and jazzrock/fusion. Well, this time I have no problem about their category, on their new recorded CD (their previous contains Eighties recordings) Evolucion makes instrumental, mainly jazzrock/fusion oriented music with hints from Mahavishnu Orchestra, Al DiMeola, Larry Carlton and JL Ponty. I am excited about their great skills, the awesome interplay between all musicians and the splendid soli on keyboards (modern sound on the Kurzweil) and guitar, what an incredible band! In general Evolucion delivers swinging and propulsive compositions with the emphasis on soli but in some songs the climates shifts to dreamy with fragile or sensitive guitar and soaring strings. Check out this band, fusion freaks!

erik neuteboom | 4/5 |