The Mars Volta - Amputechture CD (album) cover

AMPUTECHTURE

The Mars Volta

Prog-jester
3 stars Sorry, but TMV has died completely for me with this one.I listen to it almost for a month,and every time it gets more disappointing for me.I don't want to wait untill it become a 1-star album,so you may have this review.

De-loused is their best,I guess.I dislike Frances,but it seems to be a Masterpiece comparing to THIS. TMV always wrote a lot of filler (maybe,to make their albums longer),but this time they have overgrown themselves - a whole album of filler material!!! OK,there is a one good song ("Vermicide"). But the others...Weak "Magdalena",noisy "Day of the Baphomets",boring "Meccamputechture",way too long intro and outro (with some post-rock touch...nice tunes,but 7 and 9 minutes?This is too much!!!) and "Tetragrammaton" with "Viscera Eyes" (I can describe them as "listenable"). I wonder what has happened to Volta - they have lost their challenging nature,and this album sounds exactly like the previous one,but in a degrading way. Things getting worse. What shall we got on their 4th? 79 minutes of noises? Sorry, I quit.

A Cue: Long songs doesn't equal Prog.

Prog-jester | 3/5 |