Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte CD (album) cover

Steve Hackett

3 stars Wow I'm surprised how many of you like this record. I always thought it was a patchy album with some excellent material.

Ace of Wands starts things off well, a great track which prehaps could have been a band number (no wonder he was frustrated ).

Hands of the Priestess, is pretty and has a little oddness going on as well.

A Tower Struck down , again a decent number with some defiantly prog overtones.

Hands of the Priestess Pt. II well this is a patchy prog album...nothing special reprises the theme from part one.

The Hermit , the first big mistake the vocal sucks.

Star of Sirius, another tune that perhaps should have been done by the full band, excellent really.

The Lovers , this is the weaker side no doubt...wonderful no , pleasant yes.

Shadow or the Hierophant, weak ending to a weak side.

Overall its a little better than I had first thought when I put it on to remind me about it. Not a real classic though by any estimation but a worthy recording a must for genesis fans. I think he only scores higher on one record which is the stunning please don't touch. worth 3.5 stars really.

burgersoft777 | 3/5 |