Ajalon - On The Threshold Of Eternity CD (album) cover

ON THE THRESHOLD OF ETERNITY

Ajalon

voliveira
4 stars 8/10

This band is only getting better and better, and I'm glad. Fans of Neal Morse / Spock 's Beard (like me) are not to be disappointed.

The sound is still a little poppy? Yes. keyboards are still the weak point? Yes (although our beloved Rick Wakeman - which is the "patron" of the band - offer a magnificent organ solo a la Roundabout here). But Ajalon has evolved in relation to their debut album. We have a more mature band, cohesive, intelligent - professing their faith through prog. I wanted there were more Christian bands in the genre ...

That is why I take every one I meet. Although I conclude that this album does not reach the point of a "masterpiece", is a wonderful work that deserves more prominence you have. It would be nice if they were better known and prolific - after all, look how much good stuff is here! My highlights are "Sword of Goliath", the genial "What Kind of Love" (i'm really in love for this song), "Forever I Am" and the great and modern closure "You and Me".

4 stars.