Cross - Wake Up Call CD (album) cover

Second Life Syndrome
5 stars What an incredible album! I can't think of enough to say about this band and their off-kilter style of prog rock. Sure, it's psychedelic and melodic; it's rockin' and a little weird, too. Yet, it remains one of my favorites for 2013!

This band has been around for a long time, but that doesn't keep them from bringing the modern prog sound. They seem to have influences such as Pink Floyd and the Beatles, as well as neo-prog in general. Those are just guesses, but you can pick them out pretty easily. It doesn't matter, though, because these guys have their own sound. Imagine the beautiful harmonies of the Beatles mixed with psychedelia and the strong guitars from neo-prog bands. That is Cross in a nutshell, and it's a great combination. This band deserves more attention, and I think this album will end up as one of my favorites for the year.

Second Life Syndrome | 5/5 |