Chris - City Of Light CD (album) cover

CITY OF LIGHT

Chris

Second Life Syndrome
2 stars I'm not so sure I like this album. I mean, everything is there for a good neo-prog album, but some aspects are just a little strange. For instance, the vox are quite pop-influenced. I couldn't get past them. In a way, Chris wants to sound a bit like Frost*, but I think they take the pop influence too far for my tastes.

Another example would be the drums. It sounds more like a drum machine or something. Just like the rest of the album, they don't sound organic or even real. This really bothers me for some reason. Overall, there are some nice synth solos, and some catchy melodies, but that's about it. Everything else sounds cheap.

Second Life Syndrome | 2/5 |