Ozric Tentacles - Jurassic Shift  CD (album) cover

JURASSIC SHIFT

Ozric Tentacles

Psychedelic/Space Rock

obiter
4 stars If Strangeitude was the pinnacle of the early Ozrics, there must have been something cooking at the Mill to produce an even better album. I think this was about the time that the band laid their hands on new recording equipment. Whether or not this was a factor relevant to the final product is debatable, but the listener is presented with a fusion of dance, ambient and rock. It's hard to characterise this music. It's quintessentially Ozric.

Sunhair. Jurassic Shift and Vit Voom stand out for me. The only problems I have with this album are Train Oasis and Pteradon. Two tracks that I just don't get at all.

If you were looking for a place to start an appreciation of Ozrics then Pungent Effulgent, Strangeitude, Arborescence or Spice Doubt might be better places to start.

obiter | 4/5 |