Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge CD (album) cover

Mike Oldfield

5 stars Hergest Ridge, in my opinion, is even better album than Oldfield's first one. It's mellow theme lasts from the start to the very end. Melodies fit together perfectly, so the whole is perfect. There's not that hastiness from the melody to another than there was in TB.

Mike has a great ability to create decent melodies for almost every mood. He plays many instrument like a virtuoso, and I particularly love his use of organs. All of his three first albums are masterpieces, and Hergest Ridge is the most balanced of them. Therefore it's no wonder why I gave those full five stars, this album belongs to my TOP10 albums.

Lasagne | 5/5 |