The Red Chord - Clients CD (album) cover

The Red Chord

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

2 stars If you ask me to describe The Red Chord I would say: exaggerated. It's not bad at all, but the band tries to sound TOO MUCH brutal and it ends like a deathcore. They would be the best band around deathcore, but this is grindcore/technical death metal, and I hate everythingcore but grindcore. Songs like "Lay The Tarp" and "Blue Line Cretin" are pretty mediocre deathcore. Other hand, I found few good tracks here, like the technical explosion grind opening ("Fixation on Plastics"), maybe a little bit over the top, and the third track ("Black Santa").

It's a technical deathcore album. Boring. I would be bored to listen to it twice, of which already bored me once.

VOTOMS | 2/5 |