King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspic CD (album) cover

King Crimson

5 stars this album is simply amazing! I would argue that it is possibly the best crimson album. I like it more than in the court of the crimson king. This album starts off with a highly experimental 13 min or so track. First you here tiny, tinkling bells..then what sounds like a creaky gate. Soon after, sinister keyboards leak into the mix...then...bam! fULL ON DISTORTION!!! After a loud experimental section, we go into some oriental violin work. After that interesting passage, some really creepy music. Next are a couple of more accesible tunes, both of them being excellent! Then comes a less accesible, but not too experimental track with some very strange, and unidentified percussion. After that comes one of the coolest, wierdest songs you'll ever here! Closing comes pt. 2 of the first track. This is heavier than any metal you'll find today! This is my favorite album of all time, period, and I don't say that lightly! A must have for fans of crimson! 6/5!
purplepiper | 5/5 |