Threshold - Extinct Instinct  CD (album) cover

EXTINCT INSTINCT

Threshold

voliveira
4 stars 8/10

Damian Wilson is back, and Threshold is at its best, right? No. Well, is not that the quality has dropped, but I do not see Extinct Instint as being superior to its two predecessors.

In fact, the band seems more mature and with a more refined sense of music. The quality of sound production is commendable (though I have a guilty pleasure for papoula/80-esque that sound like the Wounded Land), but it's not as if they gave a jump astronomical in terms of sound quality. Actually, I would say that I liked much of the interpretation of Damian's debut here - there are some falsetto that I sound a bit forced here, but nothing that compromises the quality of the work.

As for the other instrumentalists, there is not much to complain about. We have an evolution on keyboards, which were so far being the weakest link. And Karl Groom keeps giving sensational performances guitar. The best songs here are Somatography, Eat the epic Unicron (seems a tradition of the band that most music is always the third), the ballad Forever and Part of the Chaos.

4 stars.