Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame  CD (album) cover

Mahavishnu Orchestra

5 stars Ahh..The Inner Mounting Flame...the amazing debut album of the Mahavishnu Orchestra. Never have I loved a record so much after just one listen, this one has it all!. It starts out amazingly well with "Meeting Of The Spirits", demonstrating the incredible interplay and technical ability of these guys. I can't really mention any highlights because every song in here is superb in it's own unique way, though my personal favorites are "Meeting", "Noonward Race", "A Lotus In Irish Streams" and "The Dance Of Maya". Most of the songs are led by Mclaughlin's guitar, but there's also great playing by Hammer and Goodman. Billy Cobham and Rick Laird bring extremely precise support for the rest of the band. Who would have thought they would go even further in the remarcable "Birds Of Fire" just a couple years later? Well, enough said. I'm giving this one a well-deserved five-star rating.
Hans | 5/5 |