Pseudo/Sentai - Nature's Imagination (Chapter 2) CD (album) cover

NATURE'S IMAGINATION (CHAPTER 2)

Pseudo/Sentai

VOTOMS
4 stars I was rating 3 stars and writing this review while I was listening to this EP for the second time. Now I get it. Pseudo/Sentai is an alternative/experimental rock band. I'm into Super Sentai, mecha and almost every sci-fi related stuff, so I decided to taste the band after a conversation with Greg (Guitar/Vocals/Blue pseudosentai). Thanks to Greg, I'm glad to meet you. Keep the good work, guys.

It sounds to be their latest review (actually, 2013). Well, there's no boring song here. Nature's Imagination (Chapter 2) is a good EP, and it's interesting how it works. The songs are all different from each other. The first song intro, Landmark of Vascular Catastrophe, is nice. When the vocals start, I clearly remember Coldrain (japanese alternative) vocals. The atmosphere is good, and I like (a lot) the guitar riffage at 1:30" - 2:10". The second song, Photoperiodism, is mainly acoustic and clean, a nice mood frame.

My favorite track here, Oil Hurricane. I love MIDI songs and oldschool video-game ost's, one of my favorite albums ever is the F-ZERO soundtrack, very creative and... Nostalgic tune. And this track is nostalgic, even at the first time. But it's not boring as nintendo-core and modern poop. Foliage Flower and Keeper of the Stars are light hearted and slow tracks, maybe the weakest side of the EP. But not bad. Some good effects. And I like the last half from the last track.

You can find Nature's Imagination (Chapter 2) at their bandcamp. Check it out.

VOTOMS | 4/5 |