Marsupilami - Marsupilami CD (album) cover

4 stars Strange. Unique. A rare piece of progressive rock from UK. You will find everything you want here, constant rhytmic change, but not exageratted, a great organ, some psychedelic influences, and more. I could express my appreciation for this album calling it "almost a masterpiece". And I do not know what privates me to call it a masterpiece.

Dorian Deep is the first track, a great ecletic prog. Some flute solos here and there. The guitar and bass riffage are good and the organ is the special sauce. Born To Be Free is my favorite song here. And The Eagle Chased The Dove To Its Ruin it's the third track, it's good, but nothing too special. But the experimental prog B Side could reward any bad move into the album. A 70s prog rock definition.

VOTOMS | 4/5 |