IQ - Ever CD (album) cover

4 stars Neo-prog have been the harder gender for me to swallow. Of course it have some great bands and albums, I have good neo-prog albums here. But looking overall, neo-prog is cheesy. I like this kind of cheesy rhythmn and melodic riffs, but sometimes I miss something different into the genre. Well, I'm not an expert into neo-prog, so I was looking for high-rated bands of the genre and I was attracted by this cover art. And the music is good and intelligent too. Their sound escape from the Marillion clones without escaping the genre, and that's what I really wanted to find into a neo-prog album. Highlights: First three tracks.
VOTOMS | 4/5 |