Amon Düül II - Yeti CD (album) cover

Amon Düül II

3 stars This, the second effort of Amon Düül II, consist more actual compositions and less improvisations than their first one. I think that's a good thing because the compositions are better. Not to say that the improvisations is necessarily bad, but I loose my attention during them. Best are "Soap Shop Rock" and "Archangels Thunderbird". The last mentioned must be as conventional Amon Düül II could be at this time but it can also as a precursor of what was to come. Other good compositions are "Cerberus", "The Return of Ruebezahl" and the shorter version of "Pale Gallery" while I can't say much at all on twenty-minute improvisations such as the title-track. My version of the album also contains the bonus tracks "Rattlesnakeplumcake" and "Between the Eyes". The last one is, if I'm not wrong, a composition made out of a part of the Phallus Dei improvisations.
Frasse | 3/5 |