King Crimson - The Power To Believe CD (album) cover

King Crimson

5 stars 2003. Another album, another change. King Crimson post-Discipline isn't too serious for the early fans, or maybe for general prog fans. But randomly, they hit the right nerve at The Power To Believe. I was looking for prog albums and I found this. Never heard any track. Just bought it because it's a KC album and the album cover is awesome. And this is the best feeling ever: random chooses the right album by the cover. The Power To Believe have a dark, almost-djent atmosphere sometimes. Electronic drumming and groovy, heavy experimental/dissonant rifage, it reminds me of fighting games OST. I like the concordance between voice fx, the music and the concept. Mr. Fripp is the Crimson guy. He knows how to write good songs, into any kind of music. Unfortunately, he did't use his majestic creativity all the time. However, in The Power To Believe, yes he did.
VOTOMS | 5/5 |