Carlos Santana - The Swing of Delight CD (album) cover

Carlos Santana

Tom Ozric
4 stars Swing of Delight is a wonderful album that sees Carlos joined by a host of high-pedigree Musicians from the genuine jazz-rock revolution of Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock. This album is a surprising, joyful and uplifting experience, sometimes firey and full-on, and often relaxing and tasteful. A fellow collaborator here at PA (whom I have respect for, even though I don't know him, great reviewer) has covered this album in more detail than I can possibly muster, so I shall leave this one short and sweet - don't be put off by the unusual cover-art, the fact that it's a 1980 release and a solo album at that, it is a highly recommended album and one of Carlos' best from that late 70's/early 80's period.
Tom Ozric | 4/5 |