Time Machine - Evil CD (album) cover

EVIL

Time Machine

Mellotron Storm
3 stars 3.5 stars.TIME MACHINE are a Prog Metal band from Italy, this release is a concept album based on a "bone chilling" Italian novel that was very popular over there.

The record opens with a short orchestral instrumental before going into the song "Where's My Heaven ?". The singer is pretty good, no complaints, vocals are in English. These guys have gone through so many vocalists, I don't know why though.The drums are upfront and crisp sounding on most of the songs. "Army Of The Dead" is one of my favourites, with great drumming, reserved vocals and flashy guitar solos.

My favourite on this record is "Eyes Of Fire" which is also a bonus track, remixed. This song features some beautiful guitar riffs and solos. "Ecclezio Spiritualis" is an instrumental with piano, and some clear, crisp drumming. "Neghentropia" is a short eerie tune with fragile vocals. "Evil Eyes" has some great female vocals along with male vocals. "Angel Of Death" is a mellow song, while "Hailing Souls" has some amazing instrumental passages during the last couple of minutes.

So overall I do like it, it's a good, well played and thought out record. It's not their best though in my opinion, but well worth a listen.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |