Sculptured - Embodiment CD (album) cover

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

5 stars My problem with modern "technical" death metal tag is the lack of personality, focus on brutality and similarity between tracks and bands, bringing a boring headache. But this album is progressive, technical and circumspective. This Agalloch related band describes it's music as "matrix metal". As a sci-fi lover and a Sprawl Trilogy fan, I was looking forward for this band after a reccomendation, maybe it would be cyberpunk related. And after all, I really enjoyed the experience. The keyboards are very important and present. Some riffs and bridges reminds me of Death riffage accompanied by a hammond organ. Play the whole album. It's excellent.
VOTOMS | 5/5 |