Adramelch - Lights From Oblivion CD (album) cover

LIGHTS FROM OBLIVION

Adramelch

Second Life Syndrome
4 stars I gotta admit that I wasn't that excited about listening to this group. Yet, something compelled me to do so. What I found, though, is that this is great group that I hope receives more attention!

This band is labeled as progressive metal, but I'm not really hearing much metal here. To be sure, there isn't much standard metal here at all. This band has a fairly unique style that is more concerned with overall sound and presentation than with technicality. I admire that. I do find that they remind me a slight bit of The Hourglass, a band from Utah that may or may not be writing music right now. Their masterpiece, "Oblivious to the Obvious", is one of my favorite albums, and it features much of the same style: appropriate drums, complex riffing and soloing, strong melodies, incredible bass, and maturity/restraint.

So, if you're not a metal fan, don't let the label fool you. This group isn't bombastic or heavy, but they know how to create great grooves and intricate guitar work. Give them a shot.

Second Life Syndrome | 4/5 |