White Willow - Terminal Twilight CD (album) cover

White Willow

3 stars White Willow's Terminal Twilight album kicks off with some downright intriguing keyboard textures from Lars Fredrik Froislie which made me hopeful for the rest of the album and anticipate a refreshed and revitalised sound from the band; unfortunately, once the performances get under way the album feels more like business as usual for White Willow. It's a competent enough collection of songs and fans of the band certainly won't go away disappointed, but to me it felt a little too often that the band were stuck in a rut and kind of phoning it in, failing to emotionally connect with me as a listener. Bland, but passable.
Warthur | 3/5 |