Ayers Rock - Beyond CD (album) cover

Ayers Rock

4 stars Fun, worthwhile listening for the fusion crowd. Due to the presence of a number of AOR oriented tracks, this could be a good introduction to the neophyte fusioneer. The opener and the closer are smoking hot fusion featuring rapid tempo and mood changes and dynamic interplay between the rhythm section and the guitar, flute, sax, and other winds.

I'm giving it 4+ in my personal collection. The uneven nature and the collective styles incorporated within the album give it a certain charm, sort of like on the Stones' Sticky Fingers. I'd never heard an Australian fusion album from the golden age, and this spin is worth it. I looked up the musicians on this project, these guys proved the chops they show on this gem are for real. A cool cover rounds out a nice obscure set.

Suedevanshoe | 4/5 |