Comedy Of Errors - Fanfare & Fantasy CD (album) cover

Comedy Of Errors

4 stars This album is, in my opinion, just what I want (and need) to hear. It exhibits the very heart and soul of Prog Rock, with superb tunes, music, lyrics, arrangements, production, sound, and, overall, talented musicianship. I read about COE for the first time recently on DPRP, and when I played some samples was stunned at how good it was. Every time I play it I get a good feeling - and think to myself, "THIS is what Prog is". The imagination. The guitars. The keyboards. The drums. the vocals. They are all top notch - and like another reviewer I have to replay it from the beginning as soon as it's finished. (Carefully avoiding an infinite loop though...)

I can't get to their live gig in Glasgow in August but will be at Danfest3 in Leicester in November if humanly possible.

Their previous CD - Disobey - which I've now bought on the strength of this one - is also a masterpiece.

I make no excuses for sounding as if I've got a bit carried away here, but I really do think they are superb musicians.

moongate_climber | 4/5 |