Santana - Caravanserai CD (album) cover

5 stars Well, this is my all time Santana favourite, though it's difficult to choose an album from his golden era, which, in my opinion, span the late '60 to the mid '70. More adventurous than his previous classic latin rock album, here santana blend different elements: latin roots, rock, jazz and an overall meditative and almost mystic atmosphere that makes this album somewhat unic. Probably this is the reason that makes the santana albums of this period appreciated by the prog community, but not so much by the average rock fans. My rating is 4,5 stars, and I'd recommend this album to a friend who'd like to start to get into santana. A compelling album. Giuliano, Rome, nov. '06
giuliano | 5/5 |