ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

1.Everytime The Dogs Bark
2.Dying On The Vine
3.The Sleeper
4.Vigilante Lover
5.Chinese Takeaway (Hong Kong 1997)
6.Song Of The Valley
7.Fadeaway Tomorrow
8.Black Rose
9.Satellite Walk

Search JOHN CALE Artificial Intelligence lyrics

Search JOHN CALE Artificial Intelligence tabs

John Cale : Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Viola
Graham Dowdall : Percussion
Gill O'Donovan : Vocals (Background)
Susie O'List : Vocals (Background)
David Young : Guitar
James Young : Keyboards

Beggars Banquet

Thanks to snobb for the addition

JOHN CALE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOHN CALE Artificial Intelligence Music

The Island YearsThe Island Years
Island Records 1996
Shifty Adventures in Nookie WoodShifty Adventures in Nookie Wood
Domino 2012
The Academy in Peril - Paper Sleeve - CD Deluxe Vinyl ReplicaThe Academy in Peril - Paper Sleeve - CD Deluxe Vinyl Replica
Collector's Edition · Limited Edition · Remastered
Culture Factory USA, Inc. 2014
Lou Reed, John Cale - Songs For Drella CD 1990 Sire US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
JOHN CALE. The Island Years. 2 CD Compilation. 1974-1975 US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
The Velvet Underground Archetypes Vinyl Record LP John Cale Lou Reed SW 95722 US $9.99 [0 bids]
JOHN CALE - Posters & Promos etc - POSTCARD SET # 1 US $8.43 [0 bids]
JOHN CALE ~ THINGS ~ 2003 UK 2 TRACK PROMO CD SINGLE ~ EMI CDEMDJ629 (EX/NM) US $5.92 Buy It Now 5h 33m
LOU REED JOHN CALE NICO LE BATACLAN PARIS JAN. 29 1972 CD UK IMPORT US $19.95 Buy It Now 5h 50m
T Rex Alice Cooper John Cale Van Morrison Faces Various - Appetizers 2 LP VG/VG US $13.90 Buy It Now 5h 58m
john cale words for the dying lp US $12.75 Buy It Now 7h 9m
JOHN CALE Face To The Sky 2012 UK vinyl 7" UNPLAYED US $6.74 Buy It Now 8h 16m
VELVET UNDERGROUND (LOU REED/JOHN CALE)-LOADED NEW SEALED RED VINYL LP US $21.98 Buy It Now 8h 53m
EARTH OPERA Great American Eagle Tragedy John Cale US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 16m
FEAR cd John Cale ORIGINAL Island BRITISH IMPORT cid 9301 unbelievable condition US $10.99 [0 bids]
John Cale Helen of Troy CD Island Masters issue insanely RARE & out of print US $29.99 [0 bids]
1970 john cale/terry riley-church of anthrax lp-c-30131-vinyl-n.mint-cover vg+ US $13.49 Buy It Now 10h 55m
NICO Desertshore John Cale Velvet Underground Lp UK pressing original US $39.99 Buy It Now 11h 38m
THE VELVET UNDERGROUND & NICO on MUSIC CD by ANDY WARHOL and LOU REED John Cale! US $17.95 Buy It Now 12h 55m
JOHN CALE - MUSIC FOR A NEW SOCIETY - ZE RECORDS LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 13h 45m
JOHN CALE - COMES ALIVE - ZE RECORDS LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 13h 48m
JOHN CALE: Satellite Walk (dance Re-mix) / Dying On The Vine / Crash Course In US $18.00 Buy It Now 13h 51m
Eat/Kiss: Music for the Films of Andy Warhol by John Cale (CD, Jun-1997, Hanniba US $12.00 [0 bids]
TAX FREE-JOHN CALE-PROG ROCK LP ON POLYDOR-1971-ORIGINAL US $9.99 [0 bids]
Psychedelic Northrn California LP MORNING GLORY Two Suns Worth FONTANA John Cale US $49.00 Buy It Now 16h 6m
The Velvet Underground LP Verve Rock Avantgarde Lou Reed John Cale US $15.00 Buy It Now 16h 23m
JOHN CALE Dirty Ass Rock N Roll 7" Promo 45 Velvet Underground US $49.99 Buy It Now 22h 16m
JOHN CALE~OFFICIAL 1992 CZECH (PRAGUE/PRAHA) GIG POSTER~UN-USED~ORIGINAL US $13.99 [0 bids]
JOHN CALE Shifty Adventures In Nookie Wood UK 180g vinyl 2LP + download NEW US $30.41 Buy It Now 23h
JOHN CALE 'VINTAGE VIOLENCE' BRAND NEW SEALED RE-ISSUE LP ON 180 GRAM VINYL US $38.79 Buy It Now 23h 15m
Lou Reed & John Cale Songs For Drella CD (UK Import) NEW US $9.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Nico- Marble Index Lp vinyl record. Psych RARE! John Cale Velvet underground US $35.99 [0 bids]
JOHN CALE - Music For A New Society - RARE CASSETTE TAPE 1982 - Art Rock US $8.99 [0 bids]
NICO desertshore JOHN CALE - 2002 180g G/F REISSUE LP - 4 MEN WITH BEARDS 4M113 US $10.12 [0 bids]
UNCUT EXCLUSIVE TRACKS-PROMO CD-JOE STRUMMER-WARREN ZEVON-KRAFTWERK-JOHN CALE+VA US $3.00 [0 bids]
JOHN CALE Shifty Adventures in Nookie Wood CD SEALED NEW US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale - Extra Playful Ep (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $17.31 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale - Shifty Adentures In Nookie Woo (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $43.09 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale - Shifty Adentures In Nookie Woo (NEW CD) US $18.15 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale - Shifty Adentures In Nookie Woo (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $39.71 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale - Extra Playful EP (NEW CD) US $13.08 Buy It Now 1 day
10% File Under Burroughs 2CD Scanner John Cale Brion Gysin Material US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
US MINIMAL Cosmic Prog LP John Cale & Terry Riley "Church Of Anthrax" 1st UK '71 US $69.99 [0 bids]
SIOUXSIE and the Banshees O baby USA PROMO DJ CD Single 1995 Sioux US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Velvet Undreground - S/T 3rd album 1969 Polydor, Germany LP Lou Reed, John Cale US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
UK excellent LP NICO Desertshore JOHN CALE 1971 Reprise K44102 ADAM MILLER US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kevin Ayers John Cale Eno and Nico Live June 1 1974 CD (1990) New US $11.82 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN CALE "HONI SOIT" LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID KUBINEC(JOHN CALE)-SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE SD LP US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN CALE: DYING ON THE VINE RECORD LP- UK PRESSING-(BEG 145T)-IN SHRINK VINYL M US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Lou Reed John Cale ticket Japan 06/08/90 Songs For Drella Velvet Underground US $16.90 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale - Sabotage / LIVE CD A&M SPY I.R.S. 1979 Lou Reed Velvet Underground US $12.95 [0 bids]
New Wave Lot of 3 NM Vinyl GenX w/Billy Idol,John Cale,Lords of The New Church US $6.99 [0 bids]
JOHN CALE Circus Live 2 CD + DVD SEALED B6407 US $16.50 [0 bids]
John Cale Terry Riley Church of Anthrax Velvet Underground VU Prog / Psych LP NM US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale - Words For The Dying - Brand New LP in Original Shrinkwrap US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale - Caribbean Sunset - LP 12" 1984 US $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale ?"Sabotage / Live" SP 004 (1979) 12" LP NM CONDITION US $19.97 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN CALE (Velvet Underground): New York in the 1960's SUPER-RARE US $159.99 [0 bids]
Songs for Drella [Limited] by John Cale/Lou Reed (CD, Sire) PROMO RARE US $10.21 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIAN ENO-sonora portraits-JOHN CALE/JAH WOBBLE-CD+BOOK US $31.90 Buy It Now 1 day
VELVET UNDERGROUND Loaded 1970 LP SEALED 180 Gram Lou Reed John Cale US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale - Suicide Theme From Process 10" Sealed France Syntax PROCESS OSR10 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale - Music For A New Society - Rare New Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Paris 1919 (Remastered & Expanded) by John Cale (CD, Jun-2006, MSI Music... US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID KUBINEC Some Things Never Change 1979 LP John Cale 12" A&M Rock US $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
John Cale - Shifty Adventures In Nookie Wo (2012) - Sealed - Velvet Underground US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN CALE CALE STREET Hamburg mar 7 1983 GDR great dane records US $19.99 [0 bids]
John Cale Velvet Underground live UK concert tour June July 2003 poster print A5 US $25.34 Buy It Now 1 day
LOU REED & JOHN CALE ~ Songs For Drella 1990 -RARE Russian AnTrop LP Washed Mint US $15.00 [0 bids]
JOHN CALE I WANNA TALK 2 YOU RARE 1 TRACK DJ PROMO CD US $1.67 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN CALE 'OOH LA LA' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE US $6.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Lou Reed John Cale & Nico (Velvet Underground) Le Bataclan Paris. 2 LP set. New US $4.55 [4 bids]
Lou Reed, John Cale, Nico (Velvet Underground) - Le Bataclan '72 + bonus tracks US $3.45 [5 bids]
John Cale-Extra Playful EP CD EP, Single Excellent US $10.73 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE music for the new society UK LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE-HELEN OF TROY-JAPAN MINI LP CD F56 US $29.50 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE-SLOW DAZZLE-JAPAN MINI LP CD F56 US $29.50 Buy It Now 2 days
GRAMOPHONE EXPLORATIONS-VOLUME 3-PROMO CD-w EXCLUSIVE TKS-PHILIP GLASS-JOHN CALE US $3.00 [0 bids]
John Cale/Terry Riley - Church of Anthrax (CD, May-2008) LIKE NEW US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE - PARIS 1919 [EXPANDED & REMASTE - 8122740602 US $11.24 Buy It Now 2 days
LOU REED & JOHN CALE - SONGS FOR DRELLA - 7599261402 US $10.83 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE - HELEN OF TROY - 850703003446 US $25.34 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE - SLOW DAZZLE - 850703003620 US $25.34 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE & TERRY RILEY - CHURCH OF ANTHRAX - 850703003200 US $25.34 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE - FEAR - 850703003606 US $25.29 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE & TERRY RILEY-CHURCH OF ANTHRAX-JAPAN MINI LP CD F56 US $29.50 Buy It Now 2 days
The Velvet Underground-S/T remastered BMG release Lou Reed John Cale US $4.00 [0 bids]
John Cale - Shifty Adentures In Nookie Woo NEW LP US $36.66 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE-FEAR-JAPAN MINI LP CD F56 US $29.50 Buy It Now 2 days
One Word by Brian Eno/John Cale (PROMO CD, Apr-1991, Warner Bros.) 5 tracks US $0.99 [0 bids]
warner archives limited edition cd everly brothers tony joe white nico john cale US $21.24 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE-"ANIMAL JUSTICE" 1977 U.K. ISSUE 3 TRACK 12" EP-EXCELLENT COND. VINYL US $7.99 [0 bids]
John Cale Honi Soit RARE NEAR MINT CD Album 1991 A&M Records 394 849-2 US $47.31 Buy It Now 2 days
I SHOT ANDY WARHOL OST JAPAN CD REM WILCO JOHN CALE MC5 US $12.99 [0 bids]
Church of Anthrax by John Cale/Terry Riley (Composer) (CD, 2012, Culture... US $12.71 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN CALE Disco Clone ZE Records - Limited Edition of 1500 - SEALED US $40.00 [0 bids]
John Cale Honi Soit / Dead Or Alive 12 Inch Vinyl Promo US $3.75 Buy It Now 2 days
(DZ266) John Cale, Face To The Sky - 2012 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 2 days
John Cale - Shifty Adventures In Nookie Wo (2012) - New - Long Play Record US $21.00 [0 bids]
KEVIN AYERS JOHN CALE ENO & NICO June 1, 1974 Live 1990 Island Masters CD 70s US $17.24 Buy It Now 2 days
John Cale Animal Justice 12" 45rpm EP Rare Velvet Underground US $7.99 [0 bids]
JOHN CALE-FEAR-Brian Eno-Phil Manzanera-Island UK 1974 LP-vinyl=VG+ cover=EX!!! US $22.98 [0 bids]

More places to buy JOHN CALE music online Buy JOHN CALE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JOHN CALE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JOHN CALE Artificial Intelligence ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(60%)

JOHN CALE Artificial Intelligence reviews

Review by ExittheLemming
3 stars Eminence Grecian 2000

Caribbean Sunset from 1984 represented for me a real return to form for this infuriatingly inconsistent Welshman so I approached it's successor with a breathless sense of expectation and excitement. I've never met John Cale but in one respect we both 'go back a long way' so I always feared he might reach 'old and sad husk of a man who smells of pee' status long before I did. Therefore I queued up patiently in line to purchase Artificial Intelligence the day it was released. Was it worth it? Well it certainly wasn't a long wait as Mr Cale is about as popular in Scotland as a St George's Cross tartan. I know it sounds terrible to say this but most Cale fans would agree that we hope our hero's personal cosmos has gone teats skywards just before he pops into a studio to record his latest endeavours. In mitigation of this shameful schadenfreude we know that a happy John means we suffer for his art.

Every-time The Dogs Bark - Things get off to a blistering start with Cale fixing us with his patented 'did you just call me a welsh poof?' fifty yard stare supplanted by that curious taffy/big apple snarl that manages to inhabit sinister, endearing and chilling without apparent contradiction. The rattling skeletal guitar that supports the flayed skin of the famished verses is brilliantly rationed and when the chorus arrives it gorges us with a delicious, thrilling and exquisitely elusive dissonance from the glacial synths. Yep, one of the best tracks ever in his solo career.

Dying On The Vine - This slipped under the Lemming radar on the first few plays but it creeps up behind you and gently taps the listener on the shoulder as if to say 'I know you remember me, my name's on the tip of your tongue ain't it? A very understated, subtle and beautiful song where John sounds at his most plaintive, heartfelt and vulnerable on the entire album:

Who could sleep through all that noisy chatter, the troops, the celebrations in the sun? The authorities say my papers are all in order and if I wasn't such a coward I would run

It's Cale's ingenious bass line that carries all the requisite harmonic information on this track and represents a salutary lesson in how to imply chords without actually playing them. What could have been a rather jaded and predictable structure is thus invested with a refreshing and resilient ambivalence.

The Sleeper - Like most successful songs concerned with the primacy of storytelling, the accompaniment has to be content to play second fiddle to the narrative yet be sufficiently evocative and malleable to enhance and invoke the desired mood without being intrusive. John negotiates this elusive balancing act like a seasoned trapeze artist on this number:

I should have shot you in the back, that's what Jesus would have done if Satan had come and looked him in the eye and said Your'e my kind of guy, why don't you come away with me?

Vigilante Lover - Notable by dint of accomplishing that rare feat of being an extraordinarily dull rant. Another instalment in Cale's cripplingly large catalogue of songs that betray the laziness of their author with what started life as rudimentary guide tracks he clearly couldn't be arsed to change. A neutered 80's digital synth traipsing down the aisle hand in hand with a sterile drum machine was never the happiest day of anyone's life - Is there anyone present, who knows of any just cause why this couple may not be lawfully joined in marriage? (Yeah...Me, they just might immaculately conceive an alienated son called Walter)

Chinese Takeaway (Hong Kong 1997) - as a punning title alluding to the proposed reclamation of Hong Kong by the Chinese from the Brits it works brilliantly, but John forgot to actually come up with any tangible music for this indolent piece of detritus. He quotes idly from Bach and the theme from 'the Archers' as if such free association would escape further scrutiny by being considered post modern ironic. As my old gran used to say : Pure keech (and she loved the Archers, don't bother googling this, if you don't get the gist you will like this track, prosecution rests)

Song of the Valley - Help me Rhonda this ain't and anyone who dallied with state of the art drum machines and digital synths circa '85 will suffer a pang of nostalgia followed very shortly thereafter by an even bigger mugging by a pang gang of regret. To be fair this is a decent song that manages to surmount its hideously dated textures courtesy of Cale's impassioned delivery and attractive melodic compass.

Fadeaway Tomorrow - Synth Pop for people who loathe Synth Pop. It's hard not to envisage a caustic wink in the Cale eye during this but you can tell by his urgent delivery he realises the hook is borderline addictive and can be proud of the genuinely inspired female backing vocals. A 'Big Hair' and shoulder pad snowdrift rescue package for the balding dandruff victims in our midst

Black Rose - Mercifully things perk up significantly hereabouts with a memorable and alternately brooding and majestic ballad that harnesses its latent weight beneath some sumptuous acoustic guitar picking and inspired synth textures. The organic and synthetic elements combine seamlessly here and just proves that we can't blame technology alone for the iniquities of the 80's (GI-GO) It's brilliantly paced and structured throughout and the ending to fade tag-line standing on the corner howling at the moon mimics uncannily a preoccupied author lost in his thoughts while ambling aimlessly through a bustling city street.

Satellite Walk - I can imagine Bowie tackling something like this with far greater aplomb as identical stylistic garb draped on Cale resembles a hippy shoehorned under protest into an ill fitting tuxedo while the thin white Duke could conceivably still extract 'insouciant kitsch' while donning a potato sack and woolly mittens. A rather silly and ingratiating song but given John's penchant for making 'light hearted' very heavy going, we should commend a rare departure into the whimsical and nonsensical. As the dear departed Syd would have it: Kinda catchy

John Cale is one of those artists that has everyone's abiding respect despite having never really delivered at the highest level on a consistent basis. His best work compares favourably with and is arguably more ambitious than that of his his supposed peers like Lou Reed and David Bowie. Yet we are left nursing a hangover from revelry that grows more legendary only the further we get from the source. Like the vagaries of time, Artificial Intelligence represents an aesthetic middle age spread where the extremities are betrayed by that pear shaped bulge in the centre that we all succumb to sooner or later. Although I can't find definite confirmation of the following, it seems most of the lyrics on the album were penned by noted rawk scribe Larry 'Ratso' Sloman and that being the case, they certainly ain't bad but such 3rd party accounts further distance my affection for this record as like most Cale fans, I want John to be my confessor from behind the sheltering grille. The lack of a conventional 'band' save guitarist David Young, with which to bounce his ideas off also must contribute to the rather self absorbed home demo feel of these recordings. Artificial Intelligence inhabits a demi-monde between the parched and brilliant minimalism of Music For a New Society and the strident rock grunt of Guts. I'll let you decide if this is a happy resting place or John's mobile home on an empty tank.

Send comments to ExittheLemming (BETA) | Report this review (#531051) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 24, 2011

4 stars An odd release this - if the term 'odd' is anything to go by with a John Cale release. It's almost 'underproduced' and flattens most of its great compositions. There are washes of synths; a guitar that sound afraid of its own sound; somewhat, for Cale's standards anyway, restrained vocals and ... (read more)

Report this review (#244684) | Posted by Thommy Rock | Wednesday, October 14, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JOHN CALE "Artificial Intelligence"