Hybrid - Integration CD (album) cover

INTEGRATION

Hybrid

tbstars1
4 stars At a time when everyone and his brother are (quite rightly) lauding IQ's "Road of Bones" - unquestionably a 5 star masterpiece - I buck the trend and find myself reviewing a record that is now nearly 15 years old. In the event, I find it frankly amazing that I am the first to commit a review to print. In short, as may be expected wherever Clive Nolan lays his head, Integration is neo-prog heaven. It marks a real forward shift from the patchy "Chasing the Dream", with sumptous melodies, catchy hooks, and delightful - and unexpected - quirks as we go along. Only Objects in Motion, which I couldn't take to, prevents me giving it a top rating. The remaining 7 tracks deliver a well-trodden mix of the soaring and the plaintive. But it's a road I am perfectly happy to take. Love it - great stuff.
tbstars1 | 4/5 |