Colin Tench Project - Hair In A G-String (Unfinished But Sweet) CD (album) cover

Colin Tench Project

1 stars Listening to this album has been one of my very disappointing musical experiences of the year. There are many good reviews about it!! So I was expecting for something really great. I prepared myself for an hour of great sound, big arrangements and all I know is a big prog album. And then it came "Hair in a G string" and I knew why the complete name has the "(Unfinished but sweet)" commentary Oh, my boy, IT IS, "Unfinished but sweet"!!! I will ask Colin Tench. Please why didn't you finished them all, BEFORE releasing the whole bunch? To me a prog album is greatly polished. OK, you got some good tunes here, but you got to work a lot on them before get a "prog album" of this stuff. Colin Tench in a very good musician, he plays guitar virtuously, but that's not enough to me. In the end, to me this is but a bunch of pop songs (some with long soft intros): "sweet but unfinished". I can't rate it as a "prog album".
chiang | 1/5 |