Phideaux - Infernal CD (album) cover

INFERNAL

Phideaux

techchris
5 stars For the last several years I was anxiously searching the internet for any Phideaux related news every couple of month. Now, after seven years, the new album is finally here and it exeeded my already very high expectations! Infernal is an epic 90 minute masterpeace that manages to feel fresh, new and exiting but also deeply familiar and very Phideaux-esque at the same time. It's a very compelling mix of Doomsday Afternoon-like complexity, epicness that would feel right at home on a musical stage and a new-found catchiness which makes it very listenable even for prog-beginners. It's full of eastereggs and throwbacks to earlier Phideaux albums which mskes it a joy to listen to on repeat. In my opinion it's a perfect finish to the doomsday triology and my favorite album in years!
techchris | 5/5 |