Izz - Don't Panic CD (album) cover

DON'T PANIC

Izz

javajeff
5 stars This is a stellar release, and an instant classic. I am just getting into this band, and I am really blown away. The first kudos I want to give is to John Galgano for the SUPERB bass playing. I have not been this excited to hear music with the bass guitar front and center since Chris Squire. I absolutely zero in on those bass-lines, and they are far more than background music. Next up, the female vocals with Anmarie Byrnes and Laura Meade. The harmonies are breathtaking, and as enjoyable as what my favorite, Lee Douglas, consistently produces with Anathema. The keyboards and piano playing are fantastic, the electric and acoustic guitars just flat out rock, and the overall musicianship if amazing. Another huge kudos for the compositions to really showcase what this band can do. As I go through the back catalog at the same time, I still feel Don't Panic is their best release to date representing an excellent body of work. I need to delve into the lyrics more, and my only beef with Izz so far could be repetition of certain lines. However, there is nothing out of place on Don't Panic, and everything works perfectly. Enjoy!
javajeff | 5/5 |