Frequency Drift - Ghosts CD (album) cover

GHOSTS

Frequency Drift

BrufordFreak
5 stars Album of the Year! A true masterpiece! A rare, rare phenomenon: A nearly flawless album, start to finish! The more I listen to Ghosts the more I hear, the more I like, the more I am amazed by the freshness, creativity, compositional and instrumental skills of the players band members (and guests). Also, while I hear similarities which might be inferred as 'influences,' this band is nobody's clone, no neo-progger; this is fresh and original Symphonic Prog all the way. Easily the best vocal arrangements and performances I've heard in the past few years--with great lyrics and outstanding music to support, embellish, and carry the day. Every change and shift is engaging and clever, every solo emotion-filled and invigorating. Everytime I listen to this album I am drawn in completely, I end up playing/listening to it start to finish, and I have new favorites or new 'ah-ha's every listen through. The self-proclaimed students of White Willow, Pink Floyd, et al., these guys (and girl) have, with this album, IMO, surpassed their masters in every way possible. Kudos, Andreas, Antje, Martin, jürgen, Sebastien, and Christian! You have accomplished what I thought might never happen: added to--and perhaps even surpassed--the 'best' 'classics' of progressive rock music.
BrufordFreak | 5/5 |