Marillion - Radiation CD (album) cover

2 stars A big frustration!

With great enthusiasm I bought this album when it was released. I knew nothing of the content. Marillion has undergone innovations usually from an album to another, something positive. This time the results are almost nefarious. Really, I can not find a song that I settled into a good grade.

Three Minute Boy and songs These Chains are acceptable, but they are a bit repetitive and a clear commercial tilt. Now She'll Never Know it is not terrible, but too derivative of Radiohead. The last two tracks and larger compositions are relatively good, but with very bad arrangement and production. Under The Sun and The Answering Machine are best achieved.

In the case of one of the most important bands of the progressive, and one of the most loved by me, I expected much more than this lackluster musical offerings. Fortunately, these phenomenal musicians began to recover good musical direction from the next decade with good Anoraknofobia, and then the excellent Marbles.

sinslice | 2/5 |