Anathema - Judgement CD (album) cover

Experimental/Post Metal

voliveira
5 stars 10/10

The apex.

Perfect. Ethereal. Melancholy. These and many other words could define Judgement, the fifth album from Anathema, but I think they are not enough to describe this masterpiece. Away goes the experimental character of Alternative 4 (which at the time of the launch was not well- received) and the songs are more focused and somewhat affordable, making this album digestible. However, do not think he is "mainstream": there is an impressive depth in him a sense of progressiveness constant, which certainly explains why this will be regarded by many as the band's masterpiece.

Unfortunately my version of the album came with some unfortunate changes in the order of the songs, so I'll avoid a review track-by-track. There are many favorite here, so good that there's not as if deciding, but I must point out a few highlights: the opening Deep, the energetic and heavy pitiless, interludes Destiny is Dead and Parissienne Moonlight (where we have the first appearance of vocalist Lee Douglas) , the beautiful One Last Goodbye (composed in honor of the mother of the brothers Cavannagh) and the epic Wings of God. But the truth is that this album is perfect from start to finish. A masterpiece.

5 stars.