Karfagen - Continium CD (album) cover

CONTINIUM

Karfagen

Prog-jester
5 stars Well,I was going to rate it higher than it should be rated, because this is the FIRST PROG CD from my country I ever owned! But they do really worth this 5 stars!!!

Opening "Winter Tale" is a bit cold (just look at the name) and atmospheric.Kinda ALAN PARSONS meets ARENA sometimes.I thought "OK, solid 4-star stuff".But the very following track in 5/8 entitled "Silent Anger" just blew my mind!!! Great melodical basis, excellent musicianship (counting conditions in what this allwas recorded!) and mellow mild sound of their own - KARFAGEN's style is pretty hard to describe, it sounds as if classical CAMEL became a bit spacy... The best tracks here are "Old Legends", "Amused Fair" epic (with haunting female vocals in the middle) and "Marvelous Dance", but also other tracks worth mentioning: romantic piano-only "All the Time...", oriental "Stone Talk" and mysterious "Muse". The closing song with vocals "Close to Heaven" is a bit cheesy but it's a good ending.Impatiently waiting for another release - hope this time it will have better recording quality, but even not, I'll buy it!

Highly recommended!!!