Genesis - Nursery Cryme CD (album) cover

5 stars Just great. My elder brother introduced me to Genesis with this album after he'd been to see the band live. 35 years later I still listen to it regularly. As others have mentioned, it's an evolution of their style from Trespass and the first time the 'classic' Genesis lineup appear on an album. Hackett and Collins just add that extra something that's lacking on the earlier release.

There are other Genesis albums I prefer- It's not flawless but contains so many great tracks (Musical Box, Hogweed, Fountain of Salmacis, Seven Stones) that I can't think of any reason not to give it the full 5 stars. It's essential to an appreciation of the development of prog generally, and symphonic prog in particular.

zedkatz | 5/5 |