Genesis - Wind And Wuthering CD (album) cover

WIND AND WUTHERING

Genesis

Cygnus X-2
4 stars I happened to find this album at a discount, so I decided why not indulge? This is the first Post-Gabriel CD I have bought, and I say it really does still sound like Genesis. Maybe it was Steve Hackett's influence, maybe it was just Phil Collins getting prepped for his Pop turnover, whatever it was, this album is great.

The Eleventh Earl of Mar opens the album, and it continues a long trend of great Genesis openers. This album also features more guitar from Steve Hackett, varying each song in it's style. He still plays like he did back during the Nursery Cryme days. Phil Collins also gives a great overall performance on the vocals and on the drums. Peter Banks is the star of the album, offering a great performance on each track. Mike Rutherford also plays great bass in this album as well. Other tracks to listen to are One For the Vine, Blood on the Rooftops, and Afterglow.

Overall, I recommend this album to anyone who wants to listen to Post-Gabriel Pre-Pop Genesis, it is a very good offering.

Cygnus X-2 | 4/5 |