Genesis - Nursery Cryme CD (album) cover

3 stars Genesis are still babies at this point, working out their sound and trying to establish some strong footing. This is the album that did it, not unlike Yes with The Yes Album.

Musical Box is the highlight of the album, foreshadowing what greater things were to come. a 10 minute epic about, if my memory serves me right, a little boy entering the afterlife. The beginning leads to a effective, explosive climax. "The Return of the Giant Hogweed" is a pretty fun canterbury'ish peice. Fountain of Salmacis is nice, but it bores me a little..

The remaining tracks are not worth mentioning.

Go to Foxtrot, Selling England, then return here for optimal enjoyment.

OGTL | 3/5 |