Jade Warrior - Distant Echoes  CD (album) cover

Jade Warrior

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars After RELEASED, I knew Jade Warrior had a lot of albums with a different touch to their first two albums, more folk and new age oriented than psychedelic. Yesterday, I had the fortune to listen to different albums and one of them was this DISTANT ECHOES. The cover made me think that probably I was going to hear a lot of prehispanic sounds of Mexico or South America, then I was surprised to see the names "Theo Travis" and "David Cross" in the guest musicians lineup, that grew my interest. While listening to it, I notice that it has beautiful musical passages, and yes, there were some new age sounds but also I heard folk rock and space prog sounds. The album is a perfect variation on musical arrangements. To tell you the truth, I really liked it because it is not boring, it is interesting, it is varied, it is relaxing, and you get to hear the whole album. Now, I'm very interested in following the process of change after RELEASED.
Memo_anathemo | 4/5 |