Gong - Continental Circus CD (album) cover

Canterbury Scene

5 stars I only have the LP, which has the 4 tracks originally released. Only the Giacomo cd has the 2 extra live tracks, I think, and I heard that is a boot.

2 monster riffs, probably better said as 2 monster rhythms form the backbone of this album. They are the basis of 3 out of the 4 tracks (track 4 being an instrumental version of track1). They then spin off , as all good Gong should do, but never lose sight of the original rhythm. 'What you Want' is an extended, more varied 'Fohat' and you can never have too much of that.

This is, for me straight, hard, rock ... and beneath the pixies, Gong excel at that like very few others. I cannot begin to understand that this could be any less than 5 stars ... Gong are a 5 star band & this is up with Camembert & Angel's Egg, and You as the cream of that 5 star cream. Lick it! You'll love it!

Caveman | 5/5 |