Riverside - Shrine of New Generation Slaves CD (album) cover

SHRINE OF NEW GENERATION SLAVES

Riverside

Kassimatis
2 stars Deprived

I was listening to the last 5 mins of track 6, and I absolutely LOVED it. Gorgeous, gorgeous musical magic!

So what happened to the rest of the album?

Despite the fact that I am a lover of this band (and therefore I am BIASED), I conclude that this is a very very lack lustre effort.

Perhaps the boys find themselves in a season of life lacking creative inspiration. That is fine, but please take a break from writing, don't release junk for the sake of outputting a disc. It is such a shame to tarnish a great name!

I find it very hard to give a sober review, with all the embarrassing metal cheese being thrown around gratuitously. I actually cringed in public whilst listening to much of this album.

When I listen to the instrumental section of "Egoist Hedonist", I PEAK, aurally. Do you remember that beautiful haunting track "Before"? The passion and angst in the thumping "02 Panic room"? That everlasting gem of a track "The same river"?

The magic here was virtually non-existant.

"Depth of self delusion" is pleasant enough.

If you are a Riverside fan, pick up a Live DVD or Duda's side project "Lunatic Soul"

3/10