Marillion - Fugazi CD (album) cover

FUGAZI

Marillion

1800iareyay
3 stars Fugazi is a bit of a misstep from their studio debut, the neo-prog fouder Script For a Jester's Tear. This album is the heaviest Fish-era album, not that I don't like heavy. However, this, as Hugues stated, has less climaxes, and I've always found that the best part of Marillion. This is by no means a bad album, and fans of Marillion should own it, but it lacks the power of the debut, an unfair comparison I know. Songs like Assasing and Kigsaw are on the cusp of exploding into greatness, then the band pulls it back.

Fugazi is Marillion's sophomre slump. It's the worst Fish-era album, though it still beats 90- 95% of music on the market. If you've bought the other albums, give this a spin. It takes a few listens but it grows on you. I've come to view this album favorably, though not as classic as the other Fish albums.

1800iareyay | 3/5 |