Genesis - Selling England By The Pound CD (album) cover

SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND

Genesis

Ethelred7
5 stars 9/10, because there can be only one 10.

You all know this very well, and I am going to give my personal considerations about: Foxtrot beats it only because its more even, on each song, and it's more versatile. But this only bears minor flaws.

Dancing With The Moonlit Knight - 9/10

Absolute classic. Perfect playing by the whole band.

I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) - 8/10

The only great short song on here. Nice sitar or whatever that may be.

Firth Of Fifth - 10/10

Nothing new to add. Complete experience.

More Fool Me - 7/10

Short acoustic song sung by Collins. Nothing special.

The Battle Of Epping Forest - 9/10

Another terrific long song.

After The Ordeal - 8/10

An overlooked and forgotten tune, I like it a lot, the band showcases their skills without Gabriel, as it is an instrumental.

The Cinema Show - 9/10

Genesis adventure: Acoustic, piano, Mellotron, electric...

Aisle Of Plenty - 6/10

This is not exactly a song, just a reprise of the beginning of the album.

As you could see, these are the flaws. The composing and performance is as awesome as before, but the songs are too long, and the short ones are fairly weak, making a changing experience.

Ethelred7 | 5/5 |