Van Der Graaf Generator - 68-71 CD (album) cover

Van Der Graaf Generator

2 stars Well, I don't know about this one. I never liked compilations especially when it comes to progressive rock. This one includes songs from the first three Van Der Graaf studio albums. All tracks are brilliant but why not get the actual albums? I really think you'll get a much better idea since there is a connection between the songs of each studio album of Vdgg both in music and lyrics.

I think a very good introduction to Vdgg is Godbluff but if you want from the first period then I would say both "H to He, who am I the only one" and "The least we can do is wave to each other" are good. The first one is another story and I think you should avoid it if you are new to Vdgg (it's still a masterpiece though) because the music is a bit different from the other two and you won't get such a good picture of Vdgg's music. Anyway, I think there is no point in buying this one but if you are a collector then go ahead.

sularetal | 2/5 |