The Beatles - Love CD (album) cover

LOVE

The Beatles

Proto-Prog

zedkatz
1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band.

I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why buy this?) and those that were radically remixed prompted me to ask "so why buy this?". The worst example seemed to me to be "Strawberry Fields", a scratchy, acoustic take. What's the purpose of this inclusion, to demonstrate how George Martin could take a pretty poor performance and turn it into something magical?

Not for me. If I ever do get the urge to get more Beatles stuff I'll go back to the recordings and productions that were relevant at the time they were made.

zedkatz | 1/5 |