LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

She Loves You / I'll Get You (3She Loves You / I'll Get You (3" CD)
Capitol 1988
Real LoveReal Love
Single · Import
Wea Int'l 1999
All You Need Is Love / Baby, You're a Rich Man (3All You Need Is Love / Baby, You're a Rich Man (3" CD)
EMI Distribution 1989
THE BEATLES Love Songs LP Vinyl Record Album USD $34.95 Buy It Now 29m 52s
ALL MY LOVING The Beatles Compact Disc EP.Collection Replacement Disc USD $9.99 Buy It Now 55m 16s
$20 THE BEATLES - CD NEW/SEALED "LOVE" CLASSIC COLLECTOR'S POP ROCK MUSIC ALBUM USD $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
$20 THE BEATLES - CD SEALED "LOVE" CLASSIC COLLECTOR'S POP ROCK MUSIC ALBUM USD $8.05 Buy It Now 1h 3m
The Beatles 45 Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You ~ Tollie VG- to VG USD $8.49 Buy It Now 1h 20m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS VINYL RECORD 2LP 1977 SKBL-11711 w/ book USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Beatles "Real Love" official Apple 1996 promo CD (rare) USD $1.25 [2 bids]
Real Love [Single] by The Beatles (CD, Mar-1996, Capitol) USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Lot 7 John Lennon Yoko Ono RECORDS INCLUDES REAL LOVE 45 BEATLES VINYL USD $24.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
The Beatles You can't do that Can't buy me love CAPITOL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
THE BEATLES love me do / p. s. i love you 7" VG+ Capitol 72076 Canadian 1963 1st USD $260.00 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Beatles 45s - Swan She Loves You - Black & White DJ (4152.DJ2C(i) Spizer) USD $185.00 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Beatles 45s - George Martin Orch. - All My Loving/I Saw Her Standing There - NM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
THE BEATLES 45 RPM SINGLE SWAN 4152-S -SHE LOVES YOU GOOD CONDITION USD $35.00 Buy It Now 3h 5m
BEATLES Love Songs 2LP + Booklet USD $17.86 Buy It Now 4h 20m
PLASTIC ONO BAND, GIVE PEACE A CHANCE / REMEMBER LOVE 7"x45rpm BEATLES RECORD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 27m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS VINYL 2XLP 1977 ORIG PRESS BOOKLET GREAT COND! VG++/VG+!! USD $15.19 Buy It Now 4h 29m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love VG- 45 RPM USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES And I Love Her VG(-) 45 RPM USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS 2LP PARLOPHONE BLACK GATEFOLD SLEEVE RARE LP INDIA 215 NM USD $518.70 Buy It Now 6h 23m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS 2LP PARLOPHONE YELLOW GATEFOLD SLEEVE LP INDIA 216 VG+ USD $388.70 Buy It Now 6h 23m
THE BEATLES 45 R 5620 BLACK PARLOPH ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE rare SINGLE INDIA 40 VG USD $388.70 Buy It Now 6h 27m
THE BEATLES 45 DPE 167 BLACK PARLOPHONE AND I LOVE HER rare SINGLE INDIA 20 VG+ USD $388.70 Buy It Now 6h 27m
THE BEATLES 45 R 5055 BLACK PARLOPHONE SHE LOVE YOU rare SINGLE INDIA 31 VG+ USD $115.70 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Beatles LP 1962-1966 vinyl gatefold best greatest hits 12 She Love Please Can't USD $9.50 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Beatles First Single-Love Me Do PS I Love You Beatles First Single-Love M Record USD $21.09 Buy It Now 7h 20m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $41.50 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "Love Songs Vol2" 8-Track Record RARE Philippines 1977 EMI FREE SHIP USD $125.00 Buy It Now 8h 6m
BEATLES/LOVE SONGS JPN EAS5007ZĄ8 USD $18.00 Buy It Now 8h 15m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $43.03 Buy It Now 8h 17m
THE BEATLES LOVE BRAND NEW SEALED CD 26 TRACKS USD $10.53 Buy It Now 8h 57m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1969 USA CAPITOL TARGET CANT BUY ME LOVE USD $38.42 Buy It Now 9h 6m
BEATLES "SHE LOVES YOU" & "I'LL GET YOU" SWAN 4152 45 RPM DON'T DROP OUT VERSION USD $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 12m
THE BEATLES GEP8946 RARE EP SINGLE SHE LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE GREEN INDIA INDIAN VG USD $299.99 Buy It Now 9h 15m
THE BEATLES OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE LOVE ME DO SOCKS USD $6.92 Buy It Now 10h 11m
THE BEATLES OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE LOVE ME DO SOCKS USD $6.92 Buy It Now 10h 11m
The Beatles Love Me Do UK 2 track apple shaped green 7" vinyl NEW/SEALED USD $24.97 Buy It Now 10h 25m
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love ?LISTEN? UK 7" NCB Parlophone R 5114 1964 USD $15.36 Buy It Now 10h 37m
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love ?LISTEN? UK 7" NCB Parlophone R 5114 1964 USD $12.28 Buy It Now 10h 37m
The Beatles She Loves You / I'll Get You ?LISTEN? UK 7" Parlophone R5055 1976 EX USD $7.67 Buy It Now 10h 37m
The Rutles I Must Be In Love ?LISTEN? UK 7" EP Beatles WB 1978 EX/NM USD $9.21 Buy It Now 10h 37m
George Harrison Give Me Love / Miss O'Dell ?LISTEN? UK 7" Beatles Apple 1973 NM USD $7.67 Buy It Now 10h 37m
The Beatles: I Love The Beatles Men's T-Shirt - New & Official In Bag [Small] USD $18.45 Buy It Now 10h 50m
Beatles Real Love record store display flat USD $9.23 Buy It Now 10h 52m
THE BEATLES "LOVE" SOUNDTRACK CIRQUE DU SOLEIL GATEFOLD 2 VINYL LP'S UK EDITION USD $44.99 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Beatles Love Songs1977 2LPS EXC.CON Rec.LP Album Vinyl(574)Mirror Finish!W/Book USD $24.99 Buy It Now 11h
THE BEATLES. LOVE ME DO. PARLOPHONE RP 4949 (VERY HARD TO FIND 45 PIC DISC). USD $9.21 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES. SHE LOVES YOU. PARLOPHONE RP 5055 (HARD TO FIND 45 PIC DIS USD $9.21 [1 bids]
The Beatles - Love Songs PCS 721 UK 2 LP 1st Press 1977 Parlophone EX/EX- USD $35.35 Buy It Now 11h 46m
The Beatles-Love Songs UK Double Gatefold LP 1978 USD $30.73 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Real Love [Single] by The Beatles (CD, Mar-1996, Capitol) USD $2.50 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles White "I Love The Beatles" Plush BEAR MINT USD $23.05 Buy It Now 12h 34m
Cilla Black Loves Just A Broken Heart / Yesterday Rare Record 1966 The Beatles USD $1.52 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES EP PS Japan ALL MY LOVING s2374 USD $33.00 Buy It Now 13h 21m
Beatles - Love (CD 2006) BRAND NEW USD $18.99 Buy It Now 13h 24m
The Beatles Love Songs 2* 12" Gatefold Sleeve Parlophone PCSP 721 UK 1977 USD $15.36 Buy It Now 13h 32m
House Of Love - Beatles And The Stones Fontana 1990 7" Poster Sleeve USD $15.36 Buy It Now 14h 21m
SWAN 45 The Beatles She Loves You / I'll Get You S-4152 Don't Drop Out USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 21m
House Of Love, Beatles And The Stones, NEW/MINT Ltd ed 7" vinyl single w/poster USD $10.75 Buy It Now 15h 11m
(2) Vinyl LP;s Love Songs The Beatles with gatefold, Lyrics booklet 1977 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 15h 14m
THE BEATLES: LIVE AT THE BBC [LOVE ME DO,CAN'T BUY ME LOVE,TICKET TO RIDE+]2 CD USD $12.98 Buy It Now 15h 42m
O5-9 Vinyl Record Album 45 The Beatles I'll Get You She Loves You RARE! USD $32.21 Buy It Now 15h 45m
The Beatles Love Me Do Men's Socks Official Merchandise Size 7-11 UK USD $7.67 Buy It Now 16h 6m
The Beatles Love Me Do Women's Knee-high Socks Official Merchandise Size 4-7 UK USD $9.21 Buy It Now 16h 6m
BEATLES PROMO 45/ GEORGE HARRISON "LOVE COMES TO EVERYONE" NEAR MINT USD $20.00 Buy It Now 16h 10m
Set of 3 Beatles 45 Records Twist and Shout/Please Please Me/She Loves You USD $14.99 [0 bids]
Beatles All My Loving EP All My / Ask Me Why / Money / P.S. I Love You USD $30.70 Buy It Now 16h 33m
THE BEATLES SOUNDTRACK/ MOVIES LP SET MYSTERY TOUR HELP HARD DAYS - SUB USD $297.49 Buy It Now 17h 2m
THE BEATLES GENUINE MONTHLY BOOK No.10 MAY 1964 LOVELY CONDITION FAB ! USD $23.05 Buy It Now 17h 2m
LITTLE JOHN PATTISON *NEEDLES & PINS/ ALL MY LOVING* BEATLES 1964 N MINT USD $1.46 [0 bids]
Beatles Can't buy me love 7" R5114 G/EX UK USD $23.23 Buy It Now 17h 11m
The Beatles 7" 45 rpm Vinyl She Loves You / I'll Get You 1963 USD $6.15 Buy It Now 17h 21m
The Carefrees - We Love You Beatles. A rare Danish Press USD $70.00 Buy It Now 17h 28m
BEATLES Orig 1977 "Love Songs" 2-LP w BOOKLET VG++ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 17h 29m
31/3/90Pgn44 Advert: House Of Love 'beatles And The Stones' On Fontana 10x7 USD $10.75 Buy It Now 17h 46m
THE BEATLES**LOVE (LIMITED EDITION)**2 LP SET USD $21.95 Buy It Now 17h 59m
House of Love Beatles and the Stones 7" HOLG4 VG/EX UK Gatefold Limited Edition USD $11.39 Buy It Now 18h 13m
PROMO 7" Single P/S 45 - JOHN LENNON - ( BEATLES ) - LOVE - 1970 - Brazil USD $18.99 Buy It Now 18h 25m
All You Need is Love by the Beatles, New Sealed Vinyl USD $60.00 Buy It Now 18h 26m
BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU (1960s POP) VINYL 7" 45RPM USD $10.76 Buy It Now 18h 30m
The Beatles - SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU - 7" Vinyl - R 5055 -1963 Original USD $0.77 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU UK 7" Single 1ST PRESSING STUNNING NEAR MINT 1N/1N USD $76.86 Buy It Now 18h 33m
45 : The Beatles ~ She Loves You ~ I'll Get You ~ Swan 4152 ~ Don't Drop Out USD $36.00 Buy It Now 18h 44m
Beatles US 45 PRO-1102 Memphis / Love Of The Loved w/ Picture Sleeve Blue Vinyl USD $9.00 [1 bids]
Rare BEATLES Love Songs LPs M 1977 ODEN EMI LBL Japan Import stereo Pop LOOKKKKK USD $50.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES : CAN'T BUY ME LOVE ALL MY LOVING ROLL 7" EP PORTUGAL LMEP 1178 EX+ USD $75.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles "LOVE" [Bonus DVD] by Cirque du Soleil USD $9.50 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" / 'P.S. I LOVE YOU" 7" 45 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 35m
The Beatles "She Loves You" & "I'll Get You" 1964 Looks VG+ Plays NM John Lennon USD $9.00 Buy It Now 19h 49m
Love by The Beatles 2006 CD Cirque du Soleil free ship USD $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 5m
BEATLES - YOU'VE GOT TO HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY 45 RPM GOLD VINYL S7-18889 M- USD $34.99 Buy It Now 20h 36m
Beatles, Love Me Do, Tollie Picture Sleeve # T 9008, vg++, sleeve only! USD $19.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES "And I Love Her/If I Fell" 45rpm PS and Canadian Record USD $11.32 Buy It Now 20h 53m
BEATLES-SHE LOVES YOU/I'LL GET YOU SWAN 4152 rock 45 USD $25.98 Buy It Now 21h 6m
Ella Fitzgerald - 45 "Verve" 1964 "Can't Buy Me Love" (Beatles) Great Britain?? USD $13.00 Buy It Now 21h 34m
MINT BEATLES 45~SHE LOVES YOU/I'LL GET YOU~SWAN REISSUE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 21h 48m
The Beatles " ALL MY LOVING * UK BRITISH IMPORT EP 4 TRACK MONO USD $21.95 Buy It Now 21h 57m
The Beatles - All You Need Is Love b/w Baby, You're a Rich Man (Capitol Records, USD $29.99 [0 bids]
60s 45 S-4152 THE BEATLES She Loves You - I'll Get You ORIG EB528 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 22h 4m
THE BEATLES love me do 12" Record SEALED PARLOPHONE 1962 IMPORT 12R 4949 USD $149.98 Buy It Now 22h 11m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(27%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.

Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"