LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$16.00
THE BEATLES, SHE LOVES YOU, GUARANTEED ORIG. 1964 SINGLE USD $12.50 Buy It Now 32m 21s
BEATLES DON'T DROP OUT I'LL GET YOU/ SHE LOVES YOU SWAN 45 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 32m 46s
Beatles Love Songs SKBL 11711 embossed and booklet Ex+/NM Vinyl lp USD $6.14 Buy It Now 56m 27s
JOHNNY YOUNG All My Loving 1967 Oz Picture Sleeve 45rpm (Australia) EP - Beatles USD $14.32 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Beatles-Love Songs-2XLP Double Album Capitol SKBL-11711 Booklet USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
EDDIE CHACON 1987 All You Need Is Love x3 Promo Beatles cover Charles USD $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Beatles Songs For Kids All You Need Is Love Music CD USD $10.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE SONGS ALBUM PLUS POSTER AND BOOK ORIGINAL FROM 1977 USD $24.95 Buy It Now 2h 38m
THE BEATLES NECK TIE BAND PLAYING MADE BY RUDIA LOVELY CONDITION FAB ! USD $39.00 [0 bids]
7" EP the BEATLES' HITS Aussie sleeve; rarity; please, please me; love me do USD $35.98 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That USD $59.97 Buy It Now 2h 53m
NEW MUSIK PROMO VINYL C/S ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE BEATLES USD $23.33 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Lisa Lauren Loves The Beatles - Lisa Lauren (2007, CD New) USD $12.91 Buy It Now 5h 47m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love 1964 CONTRACT PRESSING VG+ USD $4.31 [2 bids]
The Beatles 45 Rpm Record Swan S-4152 SHE LOVES YOU & I'LL GET YOU USD $4.95 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE DOUBLE 180G VINYL BRAND NEW 2014 CAPITOL RECORDS REISSUE SEALED! USD $50.00 Buy It Now 7h 25m
The Beatles Drop T Logo Red Gummy Wristband 10mm Love Me Do 100% Official New USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Beatles 7" EP Leningrad USSR RARE Sleeve Can't Buy Me Love USD $50.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES.ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE.PARLOPHONE.SINGLE 7" VINYL.45RPM USD $1.62 [2 bids]
Beatles Symphonic Orchestra Beatles Symphonic Love Songs CD USD $2.99 Buy It Now 9h 2m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO PS ,+TOLLIE BLACK VINYL 45,V+++TO ABT M- USD $110.00 Buy It Now 9h 9m
A HARD DAYS NIGHT THE BEATLES 1963 REEL TO REEL TWIN TRACK TAPE MONO LOVELY ! USD $73.33 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Tollie Record Beatles Love Me Do /P.S. I Love You 45 no sleeve - SCT USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - ORIGINAL 1962 1ST PRESS 7" VINYL SINGLE - VG/VG USD $241.72 Buy It Now 10h 21m
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - ORIGINAL 1964 ORIOLE CONTRACT 7" SINGLE - VG USD $32.38 Buy It Now 10h 33m
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU - ORIGINAL 1963 1ST PRESS 7" VINYL SINGLE - VG USD $19.43 Buy It Now 10h 40m
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU - ORIGINAL 1963 1ST PRESS 7" VINYL SINGLE - VG USD $19.66 Buy It Now 10h 40m
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" "P.C. I LOVE YOU" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label USD $49.99 Buy It Now 10h 46m
45rpm THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That CAPITOL 5150 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 27m
THE BEATLES "NM" LOVE ME DO P S I LOVE YOU USD $14.03 Buy It Now 11h 40m
THE BEATLES "N.MINT" SHE LOVES YOU I`LL GET YOU USD $9.35 Buy It Now 11h 40m
THE BEATLES "NM" CAN`T BUY ME LOVE YOU CAN`T DO THAT USD $9.35 Buy It Now 11h 40m
Beatles - 45 RPM - Can't Buy Me Love & All My Lovin & Day Tripper plus 2 more!!! USD $19.99 [0 bids]
USD $25.99 Buy It Now
w SLEEVE The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1964 45rpm VG+ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Andy Williams, Love Story / Something (Beatles) 1971, 45 + PS, CBS 7020 Spain USD $4.95 Buy It Now 12h 14m
The Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 1964 45rpm VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 15m
CRVENI KORALJI I LOVE HER BEATLES RARE EXYU 7"PS EP USD $11.99 Buy It Now 12h 32m
The Beatles ?- Can't Buy Me Love : Parlophone 7" 1964 USD $1.95 Buy It Now 13h 24m
Live at the BBC by The Beatles (2 Disc CD) Love Me Do, Riding on a Bus, USD $19.08 Buy It Now 14h 8m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO EX CONDITION IN PICTURE SLEEVE USD $9.36 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE - PARLOPHONE - 7" VINYL 1967 with free post USD $6.16 [0 bids]
Beatles All My Loving EP 45 USD $3.11 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 1964 (45rpm SINGLE) USD $1.56 [0 bids]
The Beatles Real Love 1996 Apple Records R 6425 USD $3.43 [3 bids]
Die Cast Collectible Taxi - The Beatles - All You Need Is Love - Die-cast Cars USD $28.09 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS ORIGINAL 1977 GERMAN LP EXCELLENT USD $43.68 Buy It Now 15h 22m
The Beatles: Official Apple All You Need Is Love Knee High Socks - New With Tag USD $12.48 Buy It Now 15h 25m
THE BEATLES ORIG 1962 RED PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO EX Z T TAX 1 T 1 H STAMPERS USD $187.26 Buy It Now 15h 41m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1962 RED PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO 1 G STAMPERS USD $187.26 Buy It Now 15h 42m
1964 THE BEATLES ~Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That~ CAPITOL SWIRL 5150 NM USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 7" Vinyl Single 1963 SHE LOVES YOU *** FREE UK POSTAGE *** USD $7.79 Buy It Now 15h 55m
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE/BABY YOURE A RICH MAN PS 45 1967 USD $4.37 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE/BABY YOURE A RICH MAN PS 45 1967 USD $8.01 [7 bids]
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT PS 45 1964 USD $3.43 [10 bids]
16h
THE BEATLES CANT BUY ME LOVE/YOU CANT DO THAT 45 PARLOPHONE 1964 USD $3.43 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES CANT BUY ME LOVE/YOU CANT DO THAT PS 45 1964 USD $4.99 [3 bids]
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO / P S I LOVE YOU" 45 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 16h 6m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO/PS I LOVE YOU PS 45 1962 USD $2.81 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO/PS I LOVE YOU PS 45 1962 USD $3.43 [6 bids]
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU/I'LL GE YOU PS 45 1963 USD $1.87 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU/I'LL GET YOU 45 1ST PRESSING 1963 USD $3.43 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU/I'LL GET YOU PS 45 1963 USD $0.78 [1 bids]
The Beatles - Cassette Singles - Free As A Bird & Real Love USD $10.00 Buy It Now 16h 13m
BEATLES LOVE CD 26 RE-WORKED TRACK'S BY GEORGE MARTIN EU USD $12.48 Buy It Now 16h 28m
BEATLES love me do - WOVEN IRON/SEW ON PATCH import USD $6.23 Buy It Now 16h 44m
HOUSE OF LOVE BEATLES AND THE STONES CD SINGLE 3 TRACK UK USD $12.48 Buy It Now 16h 45m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU PICTURE SLEEVE TOLLIE 45 T-9008 VG+ USD $49.99 [0 bids]
Beatles:Can' t Buy Me Love +3 songs orig 33 SP (Russian copy) 7" -/VG+ USD $17.00 Buy It Now 16h 53m
Beatles And The Stones - Numbered House Of Love CD single (CD5 / 5") UK USD $3.90 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 And I Love Her If I Fell 5235 Record and Sleeve Capitol Records USD $40.00 [0 bids]
USD $52.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU I'LL GET YOU PICTURE SLEEVE SWAN 45 S- USD $49.99 [0 bids]
listen Garage HERMANOS CARRION money can't buy me love MEXICO 1967 beatles USD $4.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Free As A Bird - UK 7" Vinyl - Hardly Played - Lovely! USD $4.06 [3 bids]
Anne Sofie Von Otter/Brad Mehldau-Love Songs -2xCD (Beatles/Joni Mitchell) USD $3.11 [1 bids]
BEATLES - Love CD&Audio DVD - Limited Digipac - Beat 60s 70s USD $41.72 Buy It Now 17h 19m
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE PICTURE SLEEVE 45 CAPITOL 5964 NEAR MINT USD $49.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles / All My Loving / EP / Parlophone Mono USD $7.79 [1 bids]
Love Me Do from the Beatles on Capitol 45 USD $15.50 [9 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do UK MONO 45 Rpm 12 Inch Parlophone 12R 4949 USD $6.23 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Songs & Book 1977 Vinyl 2 lps USD $16.18 Buy It Now 17h 55m
GEORGE HARRISON Dark Horse 1974 LP Ringo Starr Beatles Bye Bye, Love So Sad USD $11.99 Buy It Now 18h 2m
JOHN LENNON, EVERY MAN HAS A WOMAN WHO LOVES HIM,1984,(THE BEATLES), WITH POSTER USD $9.35 [0 bids]
Beatles - All You Need Is Love Japan Odeon 45 USD $18.00 [0 bids]
Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love Beatles Japan EMI Odeon USD $49.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES BOOK ORIGINAL CALENDAR FOR 1964 COMPLETE LOVELY CONDITION FAB ! USD $137.31 [0 bids]
George Harrison: This Song / Learning How To Love You (France) Beatles USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" COPY OF THE ORIGINAL PRESS RELEASE USD $6.23 [0 bids]
The Beatles All you need is love San Francisco Scott Mckenzie EP MTR-183 USD $135.00 [0 bids]
MARY WELLS / LOVE SONGS TO THE BEATLES ~ 20th Century-Fox Stereo Album ~ NR MINT USD $59.99 Buy It Now 18h 54m
Beatle Years For the love of $ Aug. 2008 radio program Westwood One #08-34 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 18h 59m
Beatles-Baby You're a Rich Man/All You Need is Love on Capitol 5964 w/Pic Sleeve USD $24.99 Buy It Now 19h 6m
THE BEATLES LOVE 4-TRACK U.S. SAMPLER PROMO DJ CD CS27 USD $37.99 Buy It Now 19h 9m
THE BEATLES LP RECORD "THEIR SINGLE LOVE ME DO, P.S. I LOVE YOU, PLUS" USD $3.00 [1 bids]
1963 The Beatles - She Loves You/I'll Get You (Parlophone) (R 5055) USD $7.79 [0 bids]
1964 The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That (Parlophone) (R 5114) USD $7.79 [0 bids]
Love - Beatles USD $14.48 Buy It Now 19h 17m
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 7" 45 EP MEXICAN -1972- EPEM-10034 USD $46.40 Buy It Now 19h 20m
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT PARLOPHONE 1964 R5114 USD $2.33 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Songs Vinyl Record SKBL-11711 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 19h 27m
Baby Road: The Beatles Lovely Songs for Babies by Be... USD $4.10 Buy It Now 19h 29m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(27%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.

Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"