LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

and i love her / if i fell 45 rpm singleand i love her / if i fell 45 rpm single
CAPITOL
Vinyl$5.99
Wings-silly love songs.7" japanese beatles USD $20.44 Buy It Now 1h 34m
THE BEATLES-ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE/BABY YOU'RE A RICH-45RPM-VINYL-PARLOPHONE-1967 USD $1.56 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES-Million Sellers UK 4 Track 7" EP EX+ Cond She Loves You, I Feel Fine USD $39.30 Buy It Now 1h 49m
THE BEATLES " ALL MY LOVING " YELLOW / BLACK LABEL PARLOPHONE 7" 45 EP USD $7.85 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 1964 TOLLIE RECORDS 7" 45 T-9008 VG-VG+ USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
The Slingsby Hornets - All You Need Is Love / Hey Bulldog (Beatles) 2014 7"Vinyl USD $7.86 Buy It Now 2h 41m
THE BEATLES : LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU: 2012: 50th ANNIVERSARY : MINT UNPLAYED USD $23.57 Buy It Now 2h 49m
JOHN LENNON* BEATLES PEACE AND LOVE KEYCHAIN KEY RING OFFICIAL KEYRING CHAIN NeW USD $17.09 Buy It Now 2h 55m
The Beatles Die Cast ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE w/T-Shirt & Wall Plaque New! USD $31.43 Buy It Now 3h 19m
BEATLES "Love Me Do" b/w "P.S. I Love You" RARE GREEN (Boxed) TOLLIE 9008 VG USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU/I'LL GET YOU SWAN RECORDS S-4152 45 RPM RECORD USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 46m
The Beatles Love Me Do original Capitol Swirl 45 ULTRA RARE CANADA 1st PRESSING USD $79.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 45 UK 50TH ANNIVERSARY 2012 WITHDRAWNED 45 MINT USD $78.61 Buy It Now 4h 33m
The BEATLES LOVE the Beatles DRUM Metal & Enamel Keyring NEW USD $5.90 Buy It Now 4h 36m
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT 45 7" ODEON JAPAN BLACK WAX RARE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 49m
45 RPM Vinyl The Beatles I'll Get You, She Loves You Swan Records 45SM2 USD $13.13 Buy It Now 5h
THE BEATLES.ALL MY LOVING.4 TRACK EP.NO SLEEVE.PARLOPHONE.7" VINYL.45RPM USD $1.97 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Songs Double Vinyl LP Soviet Russian BALKANTON Bulgaria Edition USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Buggs 45 SHE LOVES YOU (ME) / I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND: BUGGS VS. BEATLES~VG USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 15m
LOVE by Cirque du Soleil/The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, Capitol/Apple) USD $4.99 [1 bids]
Beatles Record 45rpm She Loves You, JAPAN, 1963 MINT USD $59.95 Buy It Now 5h 27m
The Beatles / Can't Buy Me Love / New Box (empty) from TARGET box set / NM+ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 2m
BEATLES She Loves You/I'll Get You 45rpm Unknown Label Variant SWAN 1963/1964 USD $2.95 Buy It Now 6h 21m
The Beatles-Love Me Do/PS I Love You-Tollie Picture Sleeve & Vinyl 45 USD $35.00 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Moran 45 Lady Loves Me/The Beatles Thing Epic Records 1973 #5-10987 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love Apple 5150 All Rights Reserved Print! LA Pressing USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 7" UK 1ST 1N 1N SHE LOVES YOU PARLOPHONE R-5055 NICE VG++ USD $10.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
LOT OF 5 LP BOX SET BOOKS (RINGO, BEATLES LOVE SONGS,CROSSROADS,(2) BANGLADESH) USD $25.00 Buy It Now 7h 11m
THE BEATLES 1963 PICTURE FRIDGE MAGNET BRAND NEW. LOVELY gift for yourself ! USD $10.99 Buy It Now 7h 50m
The Beatles LOVE LP Vinyl Parlophone Apple Import New USD $69.00 Buy It Now 7h 55m
the BEATLES Love Me Do P.S. I Love You TOLLIE Records PS picture sleeve 45 USD $35.00 [0 bids]
Beatles - Love Songs - 1986 Smooth Cover No Booklet Capitol SKBL-117111 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Mega Rare Music Makers Band 1977 Sings The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love 12" CLP3029 USD $34.99 Buy It Now 8h 27m
THE BEATLES: SOLDIER OF LOVE - RARE TRACKS - & MURRAY THE K - NOT TMOQ USD $17.99 [0 bids]
Beatles ORIG 1964 NM TOLLIE PICTURE SLEEVE/45 LOVE ME DO & JUKEBOX STRIP!! USD $99.99 Buy It Now 8h 44m
GEORGE HARRISON (Beatles) Give Me Love 1973 UK Poster size Press ADVERT 16 x 12" USD $18.79 Buy It Now 8h 44m
BOMP 70s power pop rock 45 THE POPPEES - The Love Of The Loved BEATLES cover USD $4.00 [2 bids]
All You Need is Love BEATLES Songs Kids Classic 60s Rock Music for Little People USD $13.86 Buy It Now 9h 16m
Paul McCartney Twin Freaks 12" Etched Single-Really Love You / Lalula - Beatles USD $34.00 [0 bids]
USD $45.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles - LOVE (CD 2006) Near Mint USD $8.63 Buy It Now 9h 37m
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU 7" USD $3.13 Buy It Now 9h 39m
THE BEATLES " ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE " CAPITOL PS USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE PAPERBACK USD $28.29 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LADIES T SHIRT LADIES lovely LARGE BLACK. USD $26.72 Buy It Now 10h 39m
The Beatles: Love Songs, 12" Doub. LP w/ lyric book, Capitol, 1977, Britpop, VG+ USD $7.00 [0 bids]
ROGER WEBB TRIO *ALL MY LOVING/ BAD TO ME* 1964 BEATLES USD $1.89 [2 bids]
BEATLES "AIN'T SHE SWEET/IF YOU LOVE ME, BABY"3rd ISSUE GERMAN POLYDOR NH 52 317 USD $50.00 Buy It Now 10h 57m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL OFFICIAL 1960's WOODEN NICKEL COIN LOVELY CONDITION ACE ! USD $31.43 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love Songs 2 LP - Near Mint! USD $14.90 [0 bids]
USD $23.00 Buy It Now
Beatles Promo Only Love Interview Disc USD $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 22m
* * BEATLES: CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 1982 UK-only UNPLAYED MINT GEM 45/PIC SLEEVE! * * USD $12.99 Buy It Now 11h 26m
THE BEATLES Love Songs CAPITOL SKBL-11711 NM! 2LP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 31m
The Beatles, Real Love Audio CD USD $11.99 Buy It Now 11h 34m
Words of Love (Studio Outtake Recordings 1962 -4) [Vinyl] The Beatles USD $49.99 Buy It Now 11h 34m
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "And I Love Her" & "If I Fell" USD $6.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles She Loves You USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 RECORD LOVE ME DO B/W PS I LOVE YOU PICTURE SLEEVE SINGLE USD $9.40 Buy It Now 11h 47m
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love 7" Single 1964 USD $15.10 Buy It Now 11h 57m
THE BEATLES - LOVE [THE BEATLES] [CD] [1 DISC] - USD $6.00 [0 bids]
USD $9.00 Buy It Now
BEATLES Love Songs CD MINI LP USD $15.49 Buy It Now 12h 13m
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU PS and Vinyl 45 USD $75.00 Buy It Now 12h 20m
REPRISE 60s rocker 45 JIMMY GRIFFIN - All My Loving BEATLES cover USD $3.00 [0 bids]
the Beatles Love Me Do yellow Tollie w/ green USD $47.00 [0 bids]
the Beatles Real Love 45 and pic sleeve mint USD $14.00 [0 bids]
CILLA BLACK LOVE'S JUST A BROKEN HEART RARE ISRAELI EP BEATLES USD $120.00 Buy It Now 13h 5m
LOT 2 BEATLES Promo CDs - Anthology 3 Sampler (MINT) & Real Love (NEW SEALED) USD $24.95 Buy It Now 13h 17m
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU 7" RED VINYL RECORD CAPITAL 17688 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 23m
THE BEATLES ON SWAN RECORDS ,SHE LOVES YOU.I'LL GET YOU 45rpm VG Nice USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 1964 EX condition TOP ORIGNAL COPY USD $6.29 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU 1963 VERY NICE COPY USD $6.29 [0 bids]
FROM BRITAIN WITH LOVE 24 LP Radio Show BEATLES Kinks ZEPPELIN Rolling Stones USD $68.00 [0 bids]
PETER AND GORDON . A WORLD WITHOUT LOVE . (BEATLES ) EXCELLENT VINYL SINGLE 1964 USD $7.85 [0 bids]
All My Loving THE BEATLES This Boy CAPITOL NMint CANADA Orig* 45 NICE 1st Press* USD $29.99 Buy It Now 14h 13m
Paul McCartney cd Motor of Love Tour Beatles 2005 LIMITED UNOPENED CONDITION NEW USD $29.99 Buy It Now 14h 17m
"I understand them" (a love song to the beatles) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 14h 20m
RED ROSE SPEEDWAY Paul McCARTNEY & Wings Columbia LP 1973 Beatles My Love USD $7.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES ODEON ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE USD $6.99 [0 bids]
Real Love [Single] by The Beatles (CD, Mar-1996, Capitol)brand new factory cello USD $8.00 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (Rock) NM+ USD $15.00 Buy It Now 14h 59m
Beatles 45 Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (Rock) NM USD $8.00 Buy It Now 14h 59m
The Beatles All My Loving EP 7" MONO 4 tracks PS 45 rpm 1963 UK USD $52.00 Buy It Now 15h 3m
BEATLES Japan 1977 NM 2-LP+Obi+Book LOVE SONGS EAS-50007/8 USD $79.99 Buy It Now 15h 4m
MARY WELLS Love songs to The Beatles Stateside 10171 USD $39.31 Buy It Now 15h 5m
The BEATLES All My Loving Rare 45 RPM & Picture Sleeve Capitol 72144 N/Mint USD $68.98 Buy It Now 15h 34m
She Loves You, Roll Over Beethoven by THE BEATLES Second Album a Rare LP Record USD $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 46m
Beatles CD Single PROMO "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE" Capitol USD $48.30 Buy It Now 15h 47m
THE BEATLES 45 RECORD SHE LOVES YOU I'LL GET YOU SWAN S-4152 1964 USD $22.50 Buy It Now 15h 50m
THE BEATLES - ALL OUR LOVING (An Electrifying New Page In Beatles History) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 54m
The Beatles CD single - She Loves You / I'll Get You - 1988 EMI - CD3R 5055 USD $2.50 [0 bids]
1977 Oct. 21 Beatles Love Songs 2x LP Capitol - SKBL-11711 w/ Booklet EX/VG+ USD $40.25 Buy It Now 16h 53m
ALL MY LOVING The Beatles Compact Disc EP.Collection Replacement Disc USD $9.99 [0 bids]
RECORDS 45 RPM - GET BACK - NOWHERE MAN - ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE - THE BEATLES USD $14.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE SONGS 1977 RECORD ALBUM INCERT USD $3.00 [0 bids]
60s POP ROCK Female VOCAL / Lulu / To Sir With Love LP "Day Tripper" Beatles USD $1.42 Buy It Now 18h 11m
THE BEATLES " LOVE SONGS " LP RECORD (1977) USED. USD $17.99 [0 bids]
USD $24.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES She Loves You / I'll Get You 45 rpm / SWAN Records USD $2.00 [0 bids]
Beatles "Love Songs" in Mint Condition USD $20.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES All My Loving PARLOPHONE GEP 8891 UK Mono PS EP USD $29.95 Buy It Now 18h 53m
THE BEATLES-LOVE-26 TRACK CD-AUSTRALIA-2006-RE-WORKED BY GEORGE MARTIN USD $11.11 Buy It Now 20h 4m
THE BEATLES ALL MY LOVING PARLOPHONE E.P. ON CD MONO USD $5.48 Buy It Now 20h 44m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(26%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#104589) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Send comments to 1800iareyay (BETA) | Report this review (#106331) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#106741) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#113403) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 24, 2007

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#372532) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#791487) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 20, 2012

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"