LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

She Loves You / I'll Get You (3She Loves You / I'll Get You (3" CD)
Capitol 1988
The Beatles: She Loves YouThe Beatles: She Loves You
Multiple Formats
Video Music, Inc. 2006
DVD$9.44

THE BEATLES - ANTHOLOGY 1 - 2 X CD SET - FREE AS A BIRD / MONEY / LOVE ME DO + USD $4.46 Buy It Now 1h 56m
PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS - MY LOVE/THE MESS 45/7 SINGLE 1973 PORTUGAL THE BEATLES USD $9.90 Buy It Now 3h 14m
THE BEATLES - MEMPHIS/LOVE OF THE LOVED - PROMO 7"45 VINYL RECORD WRAP SLV 1978 USD $44.59 Buy It Now 4h 5m
The Beatles 'All My Loving' mounted sheet music with signatures USD $19.17 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES CD, REAL LOVE USD $7.66 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love songs LP Vinyl Record 12" USD $19.17 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Love songs mini lp cd double The Beatles CD USD $44.59 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE USD $17.80 Buy It Now 6h 54m
THE BEATLES cassette tape album LOVE SONGS vol 2 USD $11.50 Buy It Now 6h 58m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS CASSETTE TAPE USD $14.06 Buy It Now 7h 18m
Beatles: Love Me Do (US) original record/sleeve USD $60.00 Buy It Now 7h 34m
Beatles: All You Need Is Love (US) original record/sleeve USD $25.00 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Andy Williams Love Story / Something UK 45 Beatles USD $1.27 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . PS I LOVE YOU ILLUSTRATION . Y6 USD $6.38 Buy It Now 8h 39m
TOP SIX " No 3 1964 / THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE " VG VINTAGE 45 RPM USD $0.64 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 7" VINYL USD $6.38 Buy It Now 8h 52m
The Beatles CD LOVE ~ 26 Great Songs ~ Excellent new other USD $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - 7" Vinyl USD $2.56 [0 bids]
BEATLES "SHE LOVES YOU" LIVE IN STOCKHOLM Picture disc 7" vinyl 2014 USD $19.17 Buy It Now 9h 11m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love XP10-2056 CD JAPAN USD $110.18 Buy It Now 9h 28m
"7"-Beatles-EP All My Loving+3 PS UK DELXUE BEAUTIFUL 70'S !! USD $24.99 Buy It Now 9h 35m
Beatles Revolver - France 1966 Odeon Red Labels Mispress "I Want To Love You"... USD $152.99 Buy It Now 9h 36m
THE BEATLES EP PS Japan ALL MY LOVING USD $22.00 Buy It Now 9h 41m
The Beatles - Love Me Do Why PS I Love You [New CD] France - Import USD $14.82 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Detroit Emeralds - Feel The Need In Me / And I Love Her (Beatles cover) 7" vinyl USD $3.82 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE Vinyl 2LP Free Shipping USD $59.85 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Beatles,Love Me Do,(EAR-20221),Rare Japanese repress from 1977,7" USD $4.46 Buy It Now 10h 27m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL SHEET MUSIC 1963 SHE LOVES YOU Northern Songs Ltd.BRILLIANT USD $25.57 Buy It Now 10h 34m
The Beatles - Love Me Do Why PS I Love You [New CD] France - Import USD $15.97 Buy It Now 10h 36m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS 2 LP MADE IN BRAZIL GATEFOLD XSMOFB-497 PCSP-721 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 10h 41m
THE BEATLES "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE" 1970'S TARGET LABEL USD $9.99 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL MARCH 1966 - THE BEATLES MONTHLY BOOK No.32 LOVELY CONDITION 32 PAGES USD $16.61 [0 bids]
Beatles 7" 45 And I Love Her / If I Fell Capitol #5235 Picture Sleeve USD $13.50 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES ?- Can't Buy Me Love - PARLOPHONE R 5114 - VINYL 45 USD $2.55 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE/BABY, YOU'RE A RICH MAN Italy 7" on Parlophon USD $35.00 Buy It Now 11h 50m
JOHN LENNON JEALOUS GUY/GOING DOWN ON LOVE 1971 7" PS Beatles USD $24.00 Buy It Now 11h 50m
BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE 1967 great GERMANY Odeon 7" PS USD $38.00 Buy It Now 11h 50m
THE BEAGLES Can't Buy Me Love Beatles cover w/ White on White FRED YORK HIT 113 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 12h 34m
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love You Can't Do That 5150 114-3KK USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 RPM records Swan She Loves You Capitol Eight Days A Week USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 39m
The Beatles "All You Need Is Love bw Baby, You're A Rich Man" Ex P'phone R5620 USD $2.88 [1 bids]
The Beatles "She Loves You bw I'll Get You" Excellent Parlophone R5055 - (2) USD $2.88 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES 'She Loves You' 1976 UK reissue 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $7.66 Buy It Now 12h 58m
The Beatles "She Loves You bw I'll Get You" Excellent Parlophone R5055 - (3) USD $2.88 [1 bids]
The Beatles All You Need Is Love Round Plastic Tray USD $31.69 Buy It Now 12h 59m
The Beatles Love Me Do Mono British 1967 Release 45 7" USD $9.99 [1 bids]
45 "She Loves You/I'll Get You" - The Beatles- Swan #S-4152-S USD $100.00 Buy It Now 13h 10m
THE BEATLES - 1'S - GREATEST HITS CD - HEY JUDE / SHE LOVES YOU / HELP + USD $6.38 [0 bids]
RECORDS 7"...BEATLES...LOVE ME DO USD $25.57 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45RPM - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - ON CAPITOL - RARE! USD $9.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES, LOVE SONGS, DOUBLE ALBUM, VERY GOOD+ CONDITION USD $17.89 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS ( DOUBLE ALBUM) 1977,DUTCH PRESSING,VERY GOOD CONDITION USD $12.78 [0 bids]
EDDIE CHACON 1987 All You Need Is Love x3 Promo Beatles cover Charles USD $6.00 Buy It Now 14h 7m
The Beatles 7" If I fell /And I love her 45 INDIA IMPORT PARLOPHONE 45-DPE.167 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 14h 7m
The Beatles - Love - CD album - perfect condition USD $2.55 [0 bids]
The Beatles - All You Need Is Love 1967 7" Parlophone R 5620 USD $6.38 [0 bids]
The Beatles - She Loves You 1963 7" Parlophone R 5055 USD $6.38 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do JAPAN 50th ANNIV 7" MISSPRESS R 4714 Euro Press NEW Sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 57m
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU 1982 UK 7" PICTURE Record EMI RP 5055b USD $15.35 [0 bids]
HEAR Buggs-I Want To Hold Your Hand/She Loves You '64 MN Beatle Mersey novelty! USD $20.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Songs 1977 UK double vinyl LP ex cond USD $3.82 [1 bids]
The Beatles 7" REAL LOVE us Brand New !! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 27m
THE BEATLES 'All You Need Is Love' 1967 Japanese 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $17.89 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 1964 UK PARLOPHONE 7" R 5114 USD $3.18 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES / ALL MY LOVING / ORIG PRICE 3/- / ORANGE STRIPS / UK SHEET MUSIC USD $6.38 [1 bids]
Beatles - Love - Double 180-gram Vinyl LP USD $79.98 Buy It Now 16h 3m
Beatles She Loves Love / I'll Get You Japan Import 45 W/PS 500 Yen Apple USD $55.24 Buy It Now 16h 4m
THE BEATLES-SHE LOVE YOU Greek 1964 Greek PRESSING 7" RE-PS USD $20.00 Buy It Now 16h 9m
Love - Beatles The CD & DVD Set Special Edition Sealed USD $26.21 Buy It Now 16h 32m
The Beatles Love Songs Double Vinyl Record LP Capitol EMI SKBL-11711 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 16h 40m
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love USD $200.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles, Can't Buy Me Love, Parlophone, import, 45 USD $2.50 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES RINGO'S POSTCARDS FROM THE BOYS BOOK LOVELY CONDITION THROUGHOUT! USD $19.17 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Beatles ALL MY LOVING Sweden Orig 1963 Odeon Lime Green Picture sleeve USD $10.50 [6 bids]
1977 THE BEATLES Love Songs LP Lyrics Insert ONLY FN USD $10.25 Buy It Now 17h 15m
GEORGE HARRISON - THIS IS LOVE 7" spanish PROMO BEATLES USD $24.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles "She Loves You" & "I'll Get You" Looks VG++ Plays NM Paul McCartney USD $17.00 Buy It Now 17h 28m
GEORGE HARRISON (Beatles) Give me love New Zealand 45 1973 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Beatles LOT OF 2 Canadian 45's Capitol LOVE ME DO EIGHT DAYS A WEEK Canada USD $4.25 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE - THE ULTIMATE PROMO DJ ADVANCE PRESS BOX PAUL McCARTNEY USD $199.00 Buy It Now 17h 46m
?DOWLANDS All My Loving (Beatles)/Hey Sally Tollie 9002 WLP ROCK 45RPM? USD $17.99 Buy It Now 17h 59m
The BEATLES All my Loving PARLOPHONE UK Pic Sleeve EP GEP 8891 1964 2nd edition USD $34.00 Buy It Now 18h 4m
RARE Latin 45 EL CONJUNTO CACHANA "She Loves You" THE BEATLES cover Spanoramic USD $34.99 Buy It Now 18h 9m
BEATLES Love Songs USA Embossed Capitol 2 LP Gatefold 1977 with Inserts/Sleeves USD $14.88 Buy It Now 18h 14m
Paul McCartney (Beatles) WLP 1861 The Mess/My Love USD $49.00 [17 bids]
Beatles Capitol 5235 If I Fell/And I Love Her & photo-sleeve USD $0.99 [1 bids]
HE WAS FAB George Harrison Loving Tribute CD RARE Power Pop Ex Beatles 2002 USD $12.78 [0 bids]
The Beatles Capitol Canada Only 45 Record She Loves You - I'll Get You USD $9.66 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1963 TEA TOWEL ULSTER LINEN DISH TOWEL LOVELY CONDITION USD $67.78 [0 bids]
Beatles Top Seller - "She Loves You" - Rare CD3 Format - Unopened / Collectible USD $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, Baby You're a Rich Man/All You need is Love, PIC SLV, VG++ USD $6.50 [5 bids]
TONY NEWLEY BEATLES cover promo 45 I SAW HER STANDING THERE LOVE EVERYTHING F181 USD $18.00 Buy It Now 19h 21m
RARE FRENCH THE BEATLES EP 7/45 ODEON SOE 3751 ALL MY LOVING FRANCE USD $45.00 Buy It Now 19h 44m
The Beatles If I Fell/And I Love Her 45 RPM USD $6.00 Buy It Now 19h 47m
The Beatles 45 She Loves You SWAN USD $60.00 Buy It Now 20h 11m
listen VICKY love me do COLOMBIA LATIN GIRL MARIMBA THE BEATLES USD $24.99 Buy It Now 20h 15m
JOHN LENNON EVERY MAN HAS A WOMAN WHO LOVES HIM 7" 45 RPM Beatles USD $8.79 Buy It Now 20h 27m
The Beatles 45 record, Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You Canadian 17145-4 17144-2 USD $107.95 Buy It Now 20h 48m
1967 Beatles "All You Need is Love" 5964 Capitol Records VG+ Picture Sleeve USD $14.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 record, SWAN She Loves You / I'l Get You ...NM USD $89.95 Buy It Now 20h 52m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(27%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.
Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.
Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 3, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 9, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"