LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

She Loves You / I'll Get You (3She Loves You / I'll Get You (3" CD)
Capitol 1988
Can't Buy Me Love b/w You Can't Do That (45 RPM0 (apple)Can't Buy Me Love b/w You Can't Do That (45 RPM0 (apple)
Apple
Vinyl$9.72 (used)
and i love her / if i fell 45 rpm singleand i love her / if i fell 45 rpm single
CAPITOL
Vinyl$9.95 (used)

THE BEATLES' HITS EP - FROM ME TO YOU/THANK YOU GIRL/PLEASE PLEASE ME/LOVE ME DO USD $5.70 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1963 BLACK PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO USD $254.09 Buy It Now
Beatles' First Single-Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You [CD New] USD $7.50 Buy It Now
The Beatles on Swan, She Loves You/I'll Get You VG vintage vinyl. fast shipping USD $0.99 [2 bids]
The Beatles "Love Me Do/PS I Love You" 45rpm Tollie T-9008 NM USD $17.00 Buy It Now
Beatles Love Me Do - 50 Great Beatles Moments book UK 978-1-78087-329-9 USD $27.30 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS JAPAN CD MINI LP OBI+GIFT+8 Page Booklet Paul McCartney USD $14.00 Buy It Now
Beatles She Loves You - 3rd UK 7" vinyl single record R5055 PARLOPHONE 1963 USD $29.16 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES-LOVE SONGS (P)1977 PARLOPHONE PCS-7211 STEREO (YEX971/972/973/974-1) USD $24.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS ISRAELI 2LP SINGLE SLEEVE PORTRAIT DIFF COVER ISRAEL USD $29.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO CD 30TH ANNIVERSRY EDITION USD $19.04 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES All My Loving Ep 1964 AUSTRALIA Only RARE Pic Sleeve 45 EX- Unique USD $59.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES All My Loving Ep 64 AUSTRALIA Only RARE Pic Sleeve 45 Unique VG+/EX- USD $49.99 Buy It Now
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love - 1976 Issue 7" vinyl single record UK R5114 USD $9.85 Buy It Now
The Beatles/ Can't Buy Me Love/ Capitol/ Canada/ Unusual Off Center Label/ Rare USD $18.85 Buy It Now
CAN'T BUY ME LOVE ORIGINAL SHEET MUSIC BEATLES LENNON & McCARTNEY 1964 USD $14.94 [0 bids]
Beatles "Love Me Do" 20th Ann UK Picture disc 7" vinyl USD $15.25 Buy It Now
Beatles 7" vinyl single record She Loves You - 2nd UK R5055 PARLOPHONE 1963 USD $48.22 Buy It Now
Beatles & The Stones - Pin... House Of Love UK 12" record (Maxi) USD $12.16 Buy It Now
P.S. We Love You Beatles UK magazine ISBN 0 85939 328 3 MIRROR BOOKS 1982 USD $15.18 Buy It Now
Beatles All You Needed Was Love UK book 0600204669 HAMLYN 1981 USD $17.09 Buy It Now
Can't Buy Me Love - 1st Beatles UK 7" vinyl single record R5114 PARLOPHONE USD $22.81 Buy It Now
THE HOUSE OF LOVE beatles and the stones HOL 422 uk fontana 1990 12" PS EX/EX USD $13.96 Buy It Now 11m 31s
The Beatles Love Songs LP Yugoslavian Press EX Press USD $13.98 Buy It Now 38m 34s
Beatles All You Need Is Love - 2nd - Solid 7" vinyl single record UK R5620 USD $35.51 Buy It Now 1h
House Of Love 7" vinyl single record Beatles & The Stones UK HOL4 FONTANA 1990 USD $9.85 Buy It Now 1h
The Beatles - Love (NEW CD) USD $13.01 Buy It Now 1h 19m
House Of Love Beatles And The Stones - Numbered CD single (CD5 / 5") UK USD $14.60 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Beatles And The Stones House Of Love UK CD single (CD5 / 5") HOLCD42 FONTANA USD $15.87 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Beatles And The Stones House Of Love CD single (CD5 / 5") UK HOLCD4 FONTANA USD $15.87 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Paul McCartney Wings Red Rose Speedway Beatles 1973 Gatefold My Love USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
THE BEATLES 'Love Me Do' 1976 UK reissue 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $7.61 Buy It Now 2h 14m
The Beatles - All You Need Is Love c/w Baby You're A Rich Man OR/370 7" JAPAN 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love c/w You Can't Do That AR/400 7" JAPAN 45 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
The Beatles - All My Loving c/w Love Me Do OR/370 7" JAPAN RED VINYL 45 USD $79.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
The Beatles - She Loves You c/w I'll Get You AR/500 7" JAPAN 45 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
The Beatles - Yesterday/Act Naturally/It's Only Love +1 AP/700 7" JAPAN EP w/OBI USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
The Beatles - Twist & Shout/Please Please Me/She Loves You +1 OP/500 7" JAPAN EP USD $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night/And I Love Her +2 OP/500 7" JAPAN RED VINYL EP USD $59.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Beatles She loves you (small/large) UK original single PLUS others. USD $63.51 Buy It Now 2h 46m
ALL MY LOVING - THE BEATLES. 7inch vinyl USD $10.15 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Beatles All You Need Is Love Picture Sleeve Only No Record USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
BEATLES LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU UK 1ST ZT TAX CODE 1G / 1M STAMPERS NEAR MINT USD $508.19 Buy It Now 3h 42m
CHIPMUNKS Sing The Beatles Hits MISPRESS ISRAEL HEBREW Love Me Do Please Me LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
BEATLES Seasons She Loves You Michelle Penny Lane Help 1987 BAROQUE CHAMBER LP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Love Me Do [Digipak] by The Beatles (CD, 1992, EMI) USD $25.00 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Choose Love by Ringo Starr (CD, 2005, Koch (USA)) [Beatles] USD $50.00 Buy It Now 4h 7m
LOVE by Cirque du Soleil / The Beatles (CD, 2006, EMI) ARGENTINA PROMO USD $85.00 Buy It Now 4h 7m
LOVE [Bonus Audio DVD 5.1] Cirque du Soleil by The Beatles (CD, 2006, 2 Discs) USD $65.00 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Choose Love [Bonus DVD] by Ringo Starr (CD, DVD, 2005, CNR Records) [Beatles] USD $80.00 Buy It Now 4h 7m
THE BEATLES JOHN LENNON 'S A SPANIARD IN THE WORKS 1st RE-PRINT JULY 1965 LOVELY USD $41.91 [0 bids]
BEATLES - LOVE [CD NEW] USD $20.83 Buy It Now 4h 59m
MINT/M- 1964 BEATLES 45~NO SUBSIDARY~CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CANT~W/Slv~N S MUSIC USD $139.99 Buy It Now 5h 8m
1 by The Beatles CD Penny Lane Yesterday Day Tripper Lady Madonna Love Me Do OOP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 10m
BEATLES " LOVE ME DO "RARE ORIG UK 62 7" FIRST PRESS 1N/1N PIC SLEEVE R4949 USD $69.99 Buy It Now 5h 15m
The Beatles '' LOVE '' CD USD $4.52 Buy It Now 5h 30m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS DUTCH ISSUE ODEON DOUBLE GATEFOLD LP 1977 USD $38.12 Buy It Now 5h 40m
Love - 2 DISC SET - Beatles Special ED. (CD Used Very Good) Special ED. USD $18.83 Buy It Now 6h 10m
The Beatles She Loves You Mug & Saucer (47693) USD $18.94 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Beatles EP records 'The Beatles Hits' & 'All my Loving' USD $10.15 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 'CAN'T BUY ME LOVE' ORIGINAL 1964 7'' SINGLE (R5265) FREE POST USD $19.06 Buy It Now 6h 45m
THE BEATLES - Love Songs - 1977 Vinyl 12" LP Rare Odeon Label G/Fold Sleeve USD $10.15 [0 bids]
33 RPM Vinyl Beatle Mash She Loves You Palace M-777 120814KME USD $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 48m
LOVE [Bonus DVD] by Cirque du Soleil/The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, 2 Discs) USD $18.35 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Beatles Love [2006] [Jewel Case] LIKE NEW (CD) USD $8.00 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Beatles-Besame Mucho/To Know Him Is To Love Him (VG+ PRomo) USD $12.00 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Beatles - She Loves You / I'll Get You USD $1.49 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ORIGINAL 2007 EMI/APPLE LIMITED TO 5000 PIECES 2 LP SET 180 GRAM USD $101.39 Buy It Now 7h 39m
The Beatles Import UK Parlophone Picture Sleeve EP "All My Loving" USD $9.99 [1 bids]
Paul McCartney Never Stop Doing What You Love 15 song Promo CD Beatle New Sealed USD $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Paul McCartney Never Stop Doing What You Love 15 song Promo CD Beatle New Sealed USD $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 17m
The Beatles She Loves You UK Parlophone 45, R 5055 USD $3.77 [0 bids]
USD $15.08 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO, P.S. I LOVE YOU 7" 45 RPM RARE MAXI SINGLE USD $30.15 Buy It Now 8h 23m
The Beatles Love Songs - vinyl USD $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 44m
HOUSE OF LOVE Beatles And The Stones 7" VINYL Limited Edition Numbered Pull Out USD $2.66 Buy It Now 9h 3m
HOUSE OF LOVE Beatles And The Stones 7" VINYL B/W Love Iv (Hol4) Pic Sleeve UK USD $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 8m
HOUSE OF LOVE Beatles And The Stones 12" VINYL 3 Track Numbered Yellow Sleeve USD $6.34 Buy It Now 9h 12m
HOUSE OF LOVE Beatles And The Stones 12" VINYL 3 Track Numbered Purple Sleeve USD $6.34 Buy It Now 9h 13m
BEATLES Love CD 26 Track (3798082) European Parlophon USD $6.34 Buy It Now 9h 22m
HOUSE OF LOVE Beatles And The Stones 7" VINYL 3 Track Limited Edition Poster USD $6.34 Buy It Now 9h 43m
LP(2) THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS CAPITOL SKBL-11711 W/BOOKLET VG++ USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES OFFICIAL SHEET MUSIC CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 1964 LOVELY NORTHERN SONGS USD $25.40 Buy It Now 9h 51m
(RARE) THE BEATLES - "LOVE ME DO" - 45 RPM - (ORIGINAL) VG+ USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 53m
HOUSE OF LOVE Beatles And The Stones 7" VINYL Remix B/W Love 4 (8752787) Pic USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 21m
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" VINYL Green Pic Sleeve Reissue B/W Ps I Love You (R4949) USD $11.29 Buy It Now 10h 26m
THE BEATLES " LOVE " CD ALBUM USD $3.80 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU (RE-ISSUE)PARLOPHONE R4949 USD $5.08 [0 bids]
the beatles she loves you / ill get you 45rpm small text USD $2.53 [0 bids]
The Beatles UNION FLAG T SHIRT Black Brand new lovely gift? XL FAB ! APPLE TAG USD $19.04 Buy It Now 10h 35m
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU / ILL GET YOU 45RPM USD $1.26 [0 bids]
george harrison give me love / miss a dell apple 45rpm beatles USD $1.91 [0 bids]
little john pattison-all my loving (beatles)-needles and pins.lyn 510 1964 flexi USD $1.91 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do CASSETTE 2 Track In Card Slipcase B/W Ps I Love You USD $8.63 Buy It Now 10h 40m
The Beatles Love Songs LP Capitol SKBL-11711 With Booklet NICE COPY USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 41m
BEATLES Love CARD 11"X11" Promo Display Card For Album UK Apple USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 41m
BEATLES All You Need Is Love CASSETTE 2 Track B/w Baby You're A Rich Man USD $8.63 Buy It Now 10h 42m
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 7" 45 EP MEXICAN -1972- EPEM-10034 USD $44.00 Buy It Now 10h 44m
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU 7" 45 EP MEXICAN -1966- EPEM-10033 USD $66.00 Buy It Now 10h 44m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL LOVE SONGS DOUBLE PROMO LP STILL IN SHRINK 1977 USD $299.00 Buy It Now 10h 45m
BEATLES 45 RPM w/PICTURE SLEEVE - CAPITOL 5235 - "AND I LOVE HER" + "IF I FELL" USD $50.00 Buy It Now 10h 47m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(27%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.
Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.
Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 3, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 9, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"