LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

She Loves You / I'll Get You (3She Loves You / I'll Get You (3" CD)
Capitol 1988
Can't Buy Me Love 7 Inch (7Can't Buy Me Love 7 Inch (7" Vinyl 45) UK Parlophone 1964
Parlophone
Vinyl$15.74 (used)
ROLLING STONES pink floyd KISS the beatles AC/DC guns n roses RUBBER WRISTBAND USD $6.80 Buy It Now 1h 15m
BEATLES love songs & live at star club hamburg ( rock ) - 2 2xLP LOT - USD $15.87 Buy It Now 1h 15m
01 Mint JOHN LENNON BEATLES 3" CD Single x2 BEAUTIFUL BOY LOVE STARTING OVER USD $128.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
LOVE ME DO/P.S I LOVE YOU[196?]THE BEATLES,PARLOPHONE,SINGLE. USD $18.40 [7 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIG 1963 U.K. EP ALL MY LOVING EX CROSSOVER LABELS USD $47.68 Buy It Now 2h 23m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1964 UK 45 CANT BUY ME LOVE EXCELLENT IN ORIG SLEEVE USD $27.24 Buy It Now 2h 24m
The Beatles 1967-70 All you need is love Bradford Exchange Delphi Plate limited USD $34.05 [0 bids]
The Beatles - All You Need Is Love Gift Set Tin - New & Official Apple Corps USD $23.85 Buy It Now 2h 31m
The Beatles 'Love Songs' 2LPs w/ Book, SKBL-11711, Capitol 1977 Used USD $11.62 [0 bids]
7" The Beatles She Loves You / I'll Get You SWE R 5055 45 EX! USD $9.90 [1 bids]
Beatles, Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Beatles First Single: Love Me Do / Ps I Love You, Various Artists, 8712177061532 USD $16.61 Buy It Now 2h 52m
All My Loving - 4pr - EMI Txt Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK GEP8891 USD $31.27 Buy It Now 2h 56m
The Beatles 45 RPM Record- Can't Buy Me Love/ You Can't Do That (Vinyl /Single) USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Beatles All You Need Is Love Postcard 45 W/O PS Poland USD $38.24 Buy It Now 3h
BEATLES ALL MY LOVING ORIG 4 TRACK UK PARLOPHONE MONO PICTURE SLEEVE EP USD $47.69 Buy It Now 3h 35m
BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU I'LL GET YOU ORIG UK PARLOPHONE SINGLE WITH COMPANY SLEEVE USD $61.32 Buy It Now 3h 38m
BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU I'LL GET YOU ORIG UK PARLOPHONE SINGLE WITH COMPANY SLEEVE USD $68.13 Buy It Now 3h 39m
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE YOU CAN'T DO THAT ORIG UK PARLOPHONE SINGLE COMPANY SL USD $34.07 Buy It Now 3h 40m
The Beatles - Love CD&Audio DVD - Limited Digipac - Beat 60s 70s USD $36.30 Buy It Now 3h 40m
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE YOU CAN'T DO THAT ORIG UK PARLOPHONE SINGLE USD $34.07 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Beatles Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary 7" vinyl single record Japanese USD $51.71 Buy It Now 3h 42m
BEATLES Love Songs CAPITOL 2xLP NM w/ booklet gatefold USD $34.33 [23 bids]
Beatles She Loves You - 20th - 4pr 7" vinyl single record UK R5055 PARLOPHONE USD $24.46 Buy It Now 4h
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love - 1st 7" vinyl single record UK R5114 PARLOPHONE USD $24.46 Buy It Now 4h 4m
LOVE by Cirque du Soleil/The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, Capitol/Apple) USD $1.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO / P S I LOVE YOU" 45 USD $2.00 Buy It Now 5h 27m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO OOP UK RED LABEL PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE! USD $4.07 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - A HARD DAYS NIGHT Can't Buy Me love, I Should Have Known Better USD $4.77 [0 bids]
6h
THE BEATLES-SHE LOVES YOU-PARLOPHONE R.5055 1963 USD $1.35 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES 20th ANNIVERSARY SINGLES / LOVE ME DO / I FEEL FINE / PLEASE PLEASE USD $40.88 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Beatles 45 She Loves You 1963 VG+ Billboard # 1 UK Parlophone R 5055 USD $9.49 Buy It Now 6h 41m
The Beatles EP "All My Loving" VG/excellent Parlophone GEP 8891 USD $4.07 [1 bids]
The Beatles - Hits EP rare 1963 from me to you love me do please please me USD $9.54 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Songs (Capitol, 4X2B-11711) USD $1.25 [1 bids]
7h
THE BEATLES YELLOW SUBMARINE McFARLANE TOYS 1999 - PAUL WITH GLOVE USD $20.43 [0 bids]
LOVE SONGS THE BEATLES W/ LYRICS BOOKLET (1977) - USED USD $9.50 [0 bids]
7h
THE BEATLES **LOVE ***BRAND NEW DOUBLE RECORD LP VINYL SET! USD $44.88 Buy It Now 7h
THE BEATLES - LOVE - REMASTERED 2x VINYL LP ALBUM - NEW AND SEALED USD $20.43 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE OF THE LOVED - 7" SINGLE - EXCELLENT PR 101 - PROMO RECORD USD $25.88 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do - USA 45 Without P/S - TOLLIE USD $33.99 Buy It Now 8h
BEATLES: She Loves You / I'll Get You 45 (Japan, PS insert, w/ company sleeve) USD $40.00 Buy It Now 8h 8m
The Beatles ?- All You Need Is Love,1987 REISSUE,PARLOPHONE,EX USD $1.42 [2 bids]
Beatles Calendar 2004 Brand New Sealed Lovely Collectable for music fans USD $2.04 [0 bids]
Mary Hopkin "If You Love Me" 45 RCA Victor PB-10694 Apple Good Earth (Beatles) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 8h 30m
Persuasions Sing the Beatles/CD NEW SEALED COME TOGETHER LOVE ME DO USD $9.95 Buy It Now 9h
BEATLES AND I LOVE HER AR1145 EP wv6763 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Love Me Do (1963 ORIGINAL issue 7" with ZT tax code in groove) USD $47.68 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 P.S. I Love You b/w Love Me Do CAPITOL B-5189 orange yellow swirl USD $9.93 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE - 094637980828 - BRILLIANT CD ALBUM - 2006 CD 26 TRACK USD $2.71 [0 bids]
Love [VINYL] The Beatles Vinyl USD $43.45 Buy It Now 9h 34m
PAUL McCARTNEY WINGS MY LOVE THE MESS FANTASY 45 PICTURE SLEEVE #2 THE BEATLES USD $10.99 Buy It Now 9h 45m
THE BEATLES,"Can't Buy Me Love"/"You Can't Do That" NEW 45rpm USD $13.98 Buy It Now 9h 45m
LOVELY! THE BEATLES-HELP-ORIG CAPITOL RAINBOW ISSUE 1965-CRISP GATEFOLD-GREAT SD USD $190.00 Buy It Now 10h 4m
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU YOU VJ FANTASY SLEEVE #2 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
The Beatles - 'Love' - Rare Interview Promo CD (Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr etc) USD $24.51 [0 bids]
BEATLES~ LOVE ME DO~ RARE~ P.S I LOVE YOU~ OLDIES 45~ MR-1 -60 ~ POP 45 USD $74.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEEDIS LOVE BABY YOU'RE A RICH MAN FANTASY SLEEVE #1 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 10h 19m
Beatles 45 And I Love Her b/w If I Fell CAPITOL 5235 orange yellow swirl USD $9.93 [0 bids]
BEATLES "She Loves You''--Denmark--7'' USD $63.69 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO " MAXI CD SINGLE USD $30.00 Buy It Now 10h 35m
The Beatles - Love - Japan Import - with Booklet - TOCP-70200 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 10h 36m
BEATLES 45 ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE WEST COAST LOS ANGELES CAPITOL 5964 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE EAST COAST SCRANTON CAPITOL 5964 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES EP I Should Have Known Better, If I Fell & And I Love Her 7" 45 rpm NEW USD $37.46 Buy It Now 10h 42m
BEATLES 45 ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE COMMA EAST COAST SCRANTON CAPITOL 5964 USD $4.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES**LOVE ME DO**CD USD $16.95 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Love - Beatles 094637980828 (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.81 Buy It Now 11h
Beatles 7" PICTURE DISC 45 Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 1983 UK ISSUE USD $24.98 Buy It Now 11h 5m
The Beatles ?- And I Love Her 7" 45~APPLE RECORDS~EX USD $7.99 [0 bids]
SONNY CURTIS: So Used To Loving You / A Beatle I Want To Be 45 (dj, wol) Oldies USD $30.00 Buy It Now 11h 20m
The Beatles - "She Loves You" 45 RPM Single SWAN Early January 1964 w/ USD $25.00 [0 bids]
Beatles German LOVE SONGS ODEON Double lp Germany NEAR MINT!! USD $15.50 [7 bids]
Mary Wells Love Songs To The Beatles LP USD $34.65 Buy It Now 11h 59m
PEGGY LEE Let's Love 1974 LP PAUL McCARTNEY Autographed N MINT R USD $21.99 Buy It Now 12h 36m
BEATLES RED FLEXI DISC ALL MY LOVING/YOU'VE GOT TO HIDE YOUR LOVE VG++ USD $4.99 [0 bids]
the BEATLES ~ 7" 45rpm ~ SHE LOVES YOU ~ ILL GET YOU ~ *1963 green ODEON GERMANY USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love songs LP Italian pressing USD $40.88 Buy It Now 12h 51m
the BEATLES ALL MY LOVING ~I SAW HER STANDING THERE ODEON SD 5958 "SWEDEN" 7" 45 USD $14.09 [14 bids]
BEATLES TOLLIE 45 P.S. I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME & SWAN SHE LOVED YOU LOT. VG+!! USD $10.00 [0 bids]
13h
BEATLES 1st UK MONO PARLOPHONE 7" EP 45,Hard Days Night,iF I Fell,And I Love Her USD $9.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles LOVE Import Vinyl NEW Sealed 2007. Cirque Du Soleil. UK 180 g USD $29.99 [0 bids]
LOVE [Bonus DVD] by Cirque du Soleil/The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, 2 Discs) USD $15.00 [0 bids]
the BEATLES "REAL LOVE" / "BABY'S IN BLACK" ~ Original 1996 USA APPLE 7" 45,free USD $6.79 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 7" Vinyl 45 W/PS Tollie T 9008 Orig. USD $19.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES 1st ODEON 7" EP 45 BARCELONA ~Hard Days Night,And I Love Her,Tell Me Why USD $13.50 [7 bids]
the BEATLES REAL LOVE / BABY'S IN BLACK Original 1996 UK APPLE R 6425 7" 45,free USD $7.69 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, Love Songs (Capitol SKBL-11711) VG+ 2LP USD $6.99 [1 bids]
the BEATLES Rare Orig U.K PARLOPHONE R 4949 ~ P.S. I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO 7' 45 USD $68.99 [0 bids]
USD $99.99 Buy It Now
45 RPM Vinyl The Beatles I'll Get You She Loves You Swan Records 45ame10 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 35m
JOHNNY YOUNG All My Loving 1967 Oz Picture Sleeve 45rpm (Australia) EP - Beatles USD $14.61 Buy It Now 13h 40m
Beatles She Loves You ~ I'll Get You 7" 45 RPM Swan Records S-4152 Fab Four Hit USD $31.93 Buy It Now 14h 7m
Beatles-Love Songs-2XLP Double Album Capitol SKBL-11711 Booklet USD $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 22m
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE / BABY YOU'RE A RICH MAN USD $28.00 Buy It Now 14h 27m
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE / BABY YOU'RE A RICH MAN USD $18.00 Buy It Now 14h 27m
Capitol 5150 The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That OG VG NoReserve USD $9.99 [0 bids]
15h
The Beatles - P.S. I Love You/I Want... - Italian Picture Sleeve PS 7" single USD $21.00 Buy It Now 15h 2m
Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That USD $59.97 Buy It Now 15h 21m
The Beatles P.S I Love You / I Want To Hold Your Hand FRANCE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 44m
LP a hard day's night
LP please please me
LP revolver
LP rubber soul
~ USD $22.79
LP sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band
LP with the beatles
LP yellow submarine
~ USD $19.15
More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(27%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.
Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.
Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"