LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

and i love her / if i fell 45 rpm singleand i love her / if i fell 45 rpm single
CAPITOL
Vinyl$19.99 (used)

THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1963 FRENCH EP LES BEATLES CANT BUY ME LOVE ODEON USD $29.27 Buy It Now 3h 38m
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - 7" VINYL PICTURE DISC (RP 5114) USD $23.88 Buy It Now 4h 3m
JOHN LENNON BEATLES PEACE AND LOVE KEY RING SUPERB QUALITY GREAT GIFT IDEA USD $15.77 Buy It Now 4h 7m
BRENDA LEE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / Cover RARE 7" EP BALKANTON ??? 6302 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 4h 37m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $37.24 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Beatles George Harrison This Is Love Scarce Japan 3" Snap-Pack CD - Unsnapped USD $33.25 Buy It Now 5h 38m
BEATLES EP PS All My Loving AUSTRALIA GEP 8891 RARE ORIGINAL nice COVER AUSSI OZ USD $59.87 Buy It Now 5h 42m
BEATLES EP PS She Loves You DENMARK SUPER RARE ALTERNATIVE COVER GEOS 223 Danish USD $332.63 Buy It Now 5h 46m
BEATLES 7' PS She Loves You DENMARK VERY RARE EARLY LABEL R 5055 RARE Danish 45 USD $73.18 Buy It Now 5h 52m
UK 1971 JULIE EGE 7" LOVE by JOHN LENNON beatles CBS 5431 In One Of Your Weaker USD $6.65 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES P.S. WE LOVE YOU 20th ANNIVERSARY BOOK THE BEATLES MEMORABILIA USD $10.64 Buy It Now 6h 6m
BEATLES EP PS She Loves You France SOE 3741 VERY NICE French EARLY cover USD $46.57 Buy It Now 6h 6m
BEATLES 7'' PS All My Loving France ULTRA RARE JUKEBOX S0 10 100 French 45 USD $59.87 Buy It Now 6h 8m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS ALBUM ORIGINAL 1977 CAPITOL RECORDS LP USD $31.76 [8 bids]
BEATLES 7 PS She Loves You Italy DIF BACK COVER + LABEL QMSP16347 RARE Parlophon USD $113.09 Buy It Now 6h 37m
BEATLES 7'' PS P.S I Love You I Want To Hold Italy QMSP 16351 V.RARE Palophon 45 USD $86.48 Buy It Now 6h 37m
BEATLES 7 PS Can't Buy Me Love JAPAN OR-1076 RARE EARLY UNIQUE COVER Japanese 45 USD $59.87 Buy It Now 6h 44m
BEATLES 7' PS She Loves JAPAN OR-1058 RARE EARLY Japanese only UNIQUE cover 45 USD $73.18 Buy It Now 6h 44m
THE BEATLES All You Need Is Love VINYL 12" lp Wall Clock USD $7.65 Buy It Now 6h 48m
BEATLES EP PS She Loves You PORTUGAL LMEP 1162 VERY RARE UNIQUE COVER Portuguese USD $93.14 Buy It Now 6h 50m
BEATLES EP PS Love Me Do Spain DSOE 16.574 very rare UNIQUE early Spanish cover USD $86.48 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Beatles Redish Pink Color Vinyl Deccagone 45 Rpm Memphis / Love Of The Loved USD $10.44 [3 bids]
7h
BEATLES EP PS She Loves You Spain DSOE 16.561 RARER VARIATION 1 cover Spanish USD $53.22 Buy It Now 7h 16m
BEATLES 7' PS All You Need Is Love Spain DSOL 66080 NICE CONDITION Spanish 45 USD $46.57 Buy It Now 7h 18m
BEATLES 7' PS All My Loving Sweden SD 5958 RARE LIGHT GREEN Variation Swedish 45 USD $73.18 Buy It Now 7h 23m
BEATLES 7 PS All My Loving Sweden SD5958 mega rare BLUE UNIQUE COVER Swedish 45 USD $86.48 Buy It Now 7h 23m
BEATLES 7'' PS All My Loving Sweden 45 MEGA RARE *SOLID CENTRE* LABEL SD 5958 USD $166.31 Buy It Now 7h 23m
BEATLES 7 PS All My Loving Sweden SD 5958 very rare DARK GREEN COVER Swedish 45 USD $99.79 Buy It Now 7h 23m
BEATLES 7'' PS All My Loving Sweden SD5958 very rare VARIATION COVER Swedish 45 USD $73.18 Buy It Now 7h 23m
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE 24K GOLD DISC 7" SINGLE RECORD AWARD USD $106.43 Buy It Now 7h 29m
BEATLES EP PS Liverpool Sound - She Loves You SWEDEN SUPER RARE GEOS 210 Swedish USD $266.09 Buy It Now 7h 39m
BEATLES EP PS She Loves You Sweden GEO 223 VERY RARE SWEDISH ONLY cover! USD $93.14 Buy It Now 7h 39m
THE CAREFREES -(45)- WE LOVE YOU BEATLES / HOT BLOODED LOVER(GARAGE ROCKER)-1964 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 7h 39m
BEATLES 7 PS Love Me Do USA TOLLIE T 9008 RARE ORIGINAL American UNIQUE COVER 45 USD $73.18 Buy It Now 8h 23m
The Beatles - Love Songs PCS 721 UK 2 LP 1st Press 1977 Parlophone VG- USD $19.94 Buy It Now 8h 44m
THE BEATLES 7" Vinyl Single 1963 SHE LOVES YOU **Free UK Postage** USD $7.97 Buy It Now 9h 11m
The Beatles - LOVE (CD 2006) USD $5.31 Buy It Now 9h 14m
THE BEATLES 45RPM '71 CAPITOL STAR LINE IF I FELL/AND I LOVE HER VG++ VINYL USD $6.50 Buy It Now 9h 30m
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 1 USD $39.90 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 1 USD $13.29 Buy It Now 9h 32m
EMI PROMO CD 0946 3 83049 2 0: The BEATLES - Interview Disc for LOVE - 2006 UK USD $56.08 Buy It Now 9h 44m
BEATLES, The - Love - Vinyl (gatefold 2xLP) USD $49.63 Buy It Now 9h 59m
Paul McCartney & Wings (Beatles)- Silly Love Songs - Rare 1976 Japanese vinyl 7" USD $13.29 Buy It Now 10h 52m
BEATLES Orig 1964 "Love Me Do" 45 VG++ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 54m
THE BEATLES?45?CAPITOL?B5189?LOVE ME DO?EX-CONDITION??c1982?WITH SLEEVE?REISSUE USD $30.00 Buy It Now 11h 2m
The Beatles - Love me do Rare 12" Uncut Picture Disc Promo Early Maxi Single LP USD $289.99 Buy It Now 11h 16m
Beatles And The Stones (Remix) 7 : The House Of Love USD $5.32 Buy It Now 11h 33m
The Beatles CD Single Card Sleeve Love Me Do / PS I LOve You USD $11.97 Buy It Now 11h 44m
The Beatles CD Single Card Sleeve Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't do that USD $11.97 Buy It Now 11h 44m
PAUL McCARTNEY Silly Love Songs rare 45 with timing length error THE BEATLES USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 3m
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $9.46 Buy It Now 12h 9m
THE BEATLES...SHE LOVES YOU / I''LL GET YOU...7" SINGLE...ORIGINAL PRESS...! USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 7" Vinyl Single 1964 CAN'T BUY ME LOVE **Free UK Postage** USD $7.97 Buy It Now 12h 25m
The Beatles CD Single Card Sleeve All You Need Is Love / Baby You're A Rich Man USD $11.97 Buy It Now 12h 34m
IMAGES OF THE BEATLES -LOVELY SMALLER FORMAT HARDBACK BOOK 255 PAGES OF PHOTOS USD $13.29 Buy It Now 12h 35m
BEATLES: Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 (UK, 20th anniversary picture USD $20.00 Buy It Now 12h 42m
beatles deagostini love double album with mag USD $19.94 [1 bids]
13h
Mary Wells Love Songs to the Beatles LP NM- TFS4178/ST-90790 1965 USD $89.99 Buy It Now 13h 9m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $35.91 [0 bids]
Vintage NME Summer of Love Pop Paper 1967 Beatles, Traffic, Hendrix USD $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 27m
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU 1976 PICTURE SLEEVE REISSUE EX VINYL USD $10.63 Buy It Now 13h 39m
THE BEATLES, CAN'T BUY ME LOVE*YOU CAN'T, 1964, PARLOPHONE R 5114, 1st ISSUE, EX USD $19.96 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Rock & Roll 45 - The Beatles - And I Love Her / If I Fell - 1964 USD $1.00 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES SOUNDTRACK/ MOVIES LP SET MYSTERY TOUR HELP HARD DAYS - SUB USD $297.49 Buy It Now 13h 59m
THE BEATLES GENUINE MONTHLY BOOK No.10 MAY 1964 LOVELY CONDITION FAB ! USD $19.94 Buy It Now 14h
THE BEATLES " SHE LOVES YOU " FIRST PRESSING UK PARLOPHONE R5055 USD $7.32 [0 bids]
BEATLES Orig 1977 "Love Songs" 2-LP w BOOKLET VG++ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 26m
LOVE [Bonus DVD] by The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, 2 Discs) USD $20.28 Buy It Now 14h 35m
THE BEATLES - UK CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE - REAL LOVE - STICKERED CASE USD $7.97 Buy It Now 14h 36m
PAUL McCARTNEY My Love b/w The Mess / NM GERMAN 45rpm / w/Sleeve / BEATLES USD $21.99 Buy It Now 14h 46m
beatles,Denmark singel,She loves you USD $16.88 [0 bids]
USD $32.99 Buy It Now
LOVE ME DO Beatles Tollie BLUE WAX VINYL repro 45 E+ USD $32.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Love (2006 26 trk CD) John Lennon, George Harrison, Paul McCartney USD $4.64 [0 bids]
The Beatles - LOVE (2006) USD $3.33 Buy It Now 14h 51m
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love Single 45 USD $1.32 [0 bids]
Beatles - Love me do 7" PS PROMO DMM 1992 30th Anniversary Parlophone BRAZIL USD $14.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE LOVELY CONDITION USD $66.51 [0 bids]
PROMO 7" Single P/S 45 - JOHN LENNON - ( BEATLES ) - LOVE - 1970 - Brazil USD $18.99 Buy It Now 15h 22m
Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You - 3" Cd Single ( 3 Inch / 8cm ) USD $7.98 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO, P.S. I LOVE YOU, PICTURE DISC, EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $21.27 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, CAN'T BUY ME LOVE, YOU CAN'T DO THAT, PICTURE DISC, EXCELLENT CONDI USD $21.27 [0 bids]
Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - 3" Cd Single ( 3 Inch / 8cm ) USD $7.98 [0 bids]
Beatles - All You Need Is Love / Baby, You're A Rich Man - 3" Cd Single ( 8cm ) USD $7.98 [0 bids]
2 EPs OF ex-THE BEATLES PAUL MCCARTNEY JOHN LENNON IMAGINE WINGS JET I LOVE YOU USD $6.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love Songs 12" Vinyl LP Rare USD $6.65 [0 bids]
USD $15.97 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES CD LOVE (CD, 2006, Capitol Records) **LIKE NEW** USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $4.99 Buy It Now
George Harrison This Is Love 12" Original Vinyl Record Beatles Dark Horse USD $26.61 Buy It Now 16h 25m
Apple "OH MY LOVE" WTF credited as "THE BEATLES FEAT JOHN LENNON" Philippines 45 USD $78.88 [4 bids]
Bonnie Jo Mason~Cher- 45 RPM Annette #1000~Ringo, I Love You/Beatle Blues~Rare USD $132.50 [27 bids]
THE BEATLES And i Love Her/If I Fell 7" 45RPM w/Pic Sleeve CAPITAL RECORDS 5235 USD $99.95 Buy It Now 16h 55m
THE CHIPMUNKS All My Loving - Australian 45 rpm - Beatles cover - Liberty 55734 USD $4.00 Buy It Now 17h 21m
THE BEATLES Words of Love + Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Euro Import! USD $11.98 Buy It Now 17h 25m
THE BEATLES - REAL LOVE -- Maxi CD SINGLE 4 Songs Rare FAB Look FB USD $8.99 Buy It Now 17h 30m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE NICE CONDITION FAB! USD $90.46 Buy It Now 17h 34m
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU - 7" VINYL PICTURE DISC (RP 5055) USD $26.54 Buy It Now 17h 46m
BEATLES - ALL MY LOVING EP - UK 4 TRK 7" PIC/SLV VINYL - MONO #GEP8891 - REPRESS USD $13.40 Buy It Now 17h 48m
THE BEATLES "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT" 5150 7" 45 SINGLE USD $6.97 Buy It Now 18h 38m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(27%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.
Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.
Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 3, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 9, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"