LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

The Beatles "Can't Buy Me Love" 3 Inch CD Single 2 Songs Rare / !!! USD $17.99 Buy It Now
Kurt Cobain And I Love Her (Beatles)/SappyVinyl45 w/PS Record Store Day Sealed USD $29.99 Buy It Now
BEATLES.CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT.UK ORIG "NCB 1ST P" 7" (1N/1N).VG+ USD $11.25 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES - AND I LOVE HER / IF I FELL - PS&45 - CAPITOL 5235 - NM USD $100.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES - Baby You're A Rich Man / All You Need Is Love - RARE MEXICO 45 USD $29.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do & PS I Love You Tollie 45 Record & Picture Sleeve USD $134.99 Buy It Now 10m 24s
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 45 RECORD and Two others.+ extras USD $10.00 [0 bids]
26m 17s
The beatles- she loves you 7" vinyl record clock gift birthday xmas USD $6.42 [0 bids]
26m 29s
THE BEATLES - "REAL LOVE" - SUPER RARE BOX SET CD SINGLE USD $150.00 [0 bids]
30m 26s
The Beatles Can't buy me love USA First press !! USD $3.00 [0 bids]
1h
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE excellent+ 1964 UK VINYL 45 SINGLE USD $5.14 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO PLATINUM DISC 7" SINGLE RECORD AWARD USD $77.13 Buy It Now 1h 15m
4 flexible EPs OF THE BEATLES ABBEY ROAD CAN'T BUY ME LOVE LINDA PAUL McCARTNEY USD $14.99 [0 bids]
2 EPs OF ex-THE BEATLES PAUL MCCARTNEY JOHN LENNON IMAGINE WINGS JET I LOVE YOU USD $6.99 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do 7'' Vinyl Picture Disc Record USD $19.84 Buy It Now 1h 44m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL OCTOBER 1966 - MONTHLY BOOK No.39 LOVELY CONDITION FAB ! USD $16.70 Buy It Now 1h 46m
The Beatles Tollie 45 RPM 7" vinyl record Love Me Do / PS I Love You T-9008 USD $25.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Love Songs - Rare 1977 Bulgarian Double Vinyl LP -Gatefold Sleeve USD $38.56 Buy It Now 2h 12m
THE BEATLES, CAN'T BUY ME LOVE, YOU CAN'T DO THAT, PICTURE DISC, EXCELLENT CONDI USD $20.56 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO, P.S. I LOVE YOU, PICTURE DISC, EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $20.56 [0 bids]
TOLLIE- THE BEATLES- P.S. I LOVE YOU/LOVE ME DO USD $14.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles * SHE LOVES YOU * RED VINYL JUKE BOX ONLY 45 NM LOOKS UNPLAYED USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2h 17m
BEATLES-SHE LOVES YOU/I'LL GET YOU SWAN 4152 rock 45 USD $8.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES A HARD DAY'S NIGHT-Rare Collector's LONG BOX w/Can't Buy Me Love,etc USD $129.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
45 "Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You"-The Beatles w/Picture Sleeve-Tollie #9008 USD $180.00 Buy It Now 2h 53m
The Beatles Love Songs First Pressing & Demonstration Copy Very Rare USD $257.15 Buy It Now 2h 55m
THE BEATLES - can`t buy me love.. 7" single 1964 original.... 1N 1N USD $3.84 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Beatles Love Me Do 7" Green Vinyl Apple shaped rare USD $19.27 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Rare Beatles 3" (Three inch) "Can`t buy me love" 2 Track's CD Collectable rare?? USD $20.57 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES MONTHLY BOOK No. 27 ISSUE OCTOBER 1965 LOVELY CONDITION 2nd YEAR . USD $8.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE *NEW & SEALED CD ALBUM* USD $10.27 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Beatles vinyl 7 inch she loves you R5055 USD $1.93 [0 bids]
Beatles 1989 EMI Records 20th Anniversary 45 Picture Disc:Love Me Do PS I Love U USD $35.00 Buy It Now 3h 45m
The Beatles 45 rpm " She Loves You" SWAN S-4152-S VG+ Vinyl USD $14.50 [7 bids]
beatles vinyl EP all my loving mono GEP 8891 USD $3.54 [1 bids]
TOP SIX " No 3 1964 / THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE " VG VINTAGE 45 RPM USD $0.64 [1 bids]
Official The Beatles - Love Me Do - Sew On Patch USD $6.36 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Beatles Real Love CD single (CD5 / 5") USA C2-7243-85854422 CAPITOL 1996 USD $22.50 Buy It Now 4h 14m
HE BEATLES - Love CD -2006 -The Best Of Tracks Re-Worked -George USD $7.12 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Beatles 45rpm (2Lot) Parlophone EP Long Tall Salley/Cant Buy Me Love USD $21.00 Buy It Now 4h 20m
The Beatles-Love Vinyl / 12" Album NEW USD $48.84 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Beatles She Loves You - RI USA 7" vinyl single record S-4152 SWAN 1964 USD $100.22 Buy It Now 4h 34m
THE BEATLES<>LOVE<>CD ~~ USD $4.91 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do - p/s 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK 12R4949 PARLOPHONE USD $37.22 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Beatles Real Love CD single (CD5 / 5") Japanese TOCP-8716 EMI 1996 USD $28.93 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You [Single] by The Beatles (Vinyl, Jan-2012, Vinyl Passi USD $15.49 [2 bids]
5h
Beatles All My Loving EP USD $32.14 [0 bids]
Beatles 7" vinyl single record She Loves You - 3rd UK R5055 PARLOPHONE 1963 USD $29.51 Buy It Now 5h 11m
HOUSE OF LOVE - BEATLES AND THE STONES CD SINGLE HOLCD4 USD $6.43 [0 bids]
Beatles All My Loving - 9th - I 500 Japanese 7" vinyl single record AR-1094 USD $42.37 Buy It Now 5h 42m
Beatles She Loves You - 1976 issue UK 7" vinyl single record R5055 PARLOPHONE USD $14.08 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love - 1976 Issue UK 7" vinyl single record R5114 USD $9.96 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Beatles All You Need Is Love UK DVD BVED0098 BOULEVARD 2013 USD $16.38 Buy It Now 5h 47m
THE BEATLES - LOVE - LIMITED PROMO T-SHIRT PAUL McCARTNEY JOHN LENNON LIVE AT USD $59.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Beatles book She Loves You USA 0684838958 SIMON & SCHUSTER 1997 USD $20.57 Buy It Now 6h 9m
House Of Love Beatles & The Stones 7" vinyl single record UK HOL4 FONTANA 1990 USD $9.96 Buy It Now 6h 17m
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love VG+ copy UK 45 7" single +You Can't Do That USD $6.42 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Can't Buy Me Love Beatles 7" vinyl picture disc single UK RP5114 PARLOPHONE USD $42.37 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Beatles She Loves You UK 7" vinyl picture disc single RP5055 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $55.22 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Love Me Do Beatles UK 7" vinyl picture disc single RP4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $35.94 Buy It Now 6h 22m
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU FROM ME TO YOU FANTASY 45 PICTURE SLEEVE #1 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU FROM ME TO YOU FANTASY 45 PICTURE SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO P.S. I LOVE YOU FANTASY 45 PICTURE SLEEVE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 45m
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE FANTASY 45 SLEEVE FOR COLORED VINYL SERIES USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 52m
THE BEATLES AND I LOVE HER IF I FELL FANTASY 45 PICTURE SLEEVE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 59m
45 RPM Beatles CAPITOL All You Need Is Love w/ PIC SLEEVE USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Beatles OOP OZ CD Single Real love NM '96 APPLE 4 Trks John Lennon McCartney USD $15.79 Buy It Now 7h 28m
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE PICTURE SLEEVE #1 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 30m
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE PICTURE SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 30m
THE BEATLES-Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You-Rare Black Thin Line 45-TOLLIE #9001 USD $69.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Introducing... The Beatles, Vee Jay VJLP 1062, Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $22.00 Buy It Now 7h 41m
THE BEATLES She loves You Swan S-4152 w/pic-Sleeve Nm USD $98.95 Buy It Now 7h 52m
JOHN LENNON give peace a chance / remember love PLASTIC ONO BAND apple BEATLES USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do - 1N - EX UK 7" vinyl single USD $257.15 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Beatles - Love Me Do Old repressing USD $12.64 Buy It Now 9h 10m
The Dowlands 45 ALL MY LOVING / HEY SALLY ~ Tollie 9002 VG+ Beatles song USD $8.19 Buy It Now 9h 20m
Introducing THE BEATLES , with P.S. I Love You, On Veejay USD $11.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 45 Vinyl Record for Juke Box S7-56785-B USD $24.95 Buy It Now 9h 45m
Nice Old Original Vintage Beatles Love Songs 8 Track Tape Capital Records Music USD $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 58m
The Beatles Love Me Do - CD Compact Disc USD $20.26 Buy It Now 10h 13m
BEATLES LOVE SONGS 2LP BRAZIL USD $47.00 Buy It Now 10h 35m
BEATLES LOVE SONGS 2LP PERU USD $64.00 Buy It Now 10h 35m
BEATLES "She Loves You" , "I'll Get You" USD $68.00 Buy It Now 11h 51m
RARE - THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU - SWAN # S-4152-S - NM USD $74.99 Buy It Now 13h 19m
THE BEATLES - 1'S - GREATEST HITS CD - HEY JUDE / SHE LOVES YOU / HELP + USD $2.94 [0 bids]
GEORGE HARRISON - THIS IS LOVE 4 TR EU RARE 3 INCH BEATLES USD $29.95 Buy It Now 15h 17m
THE BEATLES Love Songs vinyl, double album USD $20.57 Buy It Now 16h 43m
The Beatles-Love Songs USD $30.00 Buy It Now 17h 4m
BEATLES: LOVE SONGS VINYL RECORD LP CAPITOL SKBL 11711 USD $15.99 [0 bids]
Love Me Do - 1982 Beatles UK 7" vinyl single record R4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $16.65 Buy It Now 18h 5m
THE OVERLANDERS Michelle / Cradle Of Love 45 - Beatles USD $11.83 Buy It Now 18h 31m
House of love Beatles & the Stones Love IV V UK 7" vinyl record 45 Fontana 1990 USD $5.14 Buy It Now 19h 3m
The Beatles love me do/i saw her standing there 45RPM (Very Good Condition) USD $9.50 Buy It Now 19h 26m
The Beatles: I Love The Beatles Insulated Travel Mug - New & Official In Box USD $12.86 Buy It Now 19h 28m
Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary Edition Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK USD $35.92 Buy It Now 19h 38m
The Beatles cant buy me love/you cant do that 45RPM (Very Good Condition) USD $6.33 Buy It Now 19h 42m
House Of Love Beatles & The Stones - Pin... 12" record (Maxi) UK USD $12.30 Buy It Now 19h 43m
P.S. We Love You Beatles UK magazine ISBN 0 85939 328 3 MIRROR BOOKS 1982 USD $15.36 Buy It Now 19h 43m
Beatles All You Needed Was Love UK book 0600204669 HAMLYN 1981 USD $17.29 Buy It Now 19h 43m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS CASSETTE TAPE USD $14.13 Buy It Now 19h 45m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(27%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.
Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.
Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 3, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 9, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"