LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

THE BEATLES - 7" Single - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT - R5114 USD $9.65 Buy It Now 2h 31m
The Beatles - Love Me Do (Vinyl) USD $13.79 Buy It Now 2h 34m
THE BEATLES - 7" Single - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - R5114 USD $9.65 Buy It Now 2h 34m
BEATLES~LOVE ME DO~P. S. I LOVE YOU~TOLLIE 9008~~ POP 45 USD $44.99 Buy It Now 2h 39m
2Rare Beatles 7" Singles I feel Fine And She Loves You USD $20.70 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES P.S. WE LOVE YOU 20th ANNIVERSARY BOOK THE BEATLES MEMORABILIA USD $8.28 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Preowned Rare The Beatles Love Soul EAS 80555 Stero EMI JAPAN 1 LP OBI USD $25.99 [0 bids]
Mega Rare The Beatles Love Songs Yesterday I Need You Singapore Cassette CS1750 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
The Beatles - She Loves You (Parlophone - R 5055) 7" single USD $3.45 [0 bids]
Love Songs (UK 1977) : The Beatles USD $20.01 Buy It Now 4h 41m
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan SHE LOVES YOU a0085 USD $26.00 Buy It Now 4h 44m
1964 BEATLES ..SHE LOVES YOU..SWAN LABEL 4152..don't drop out on label USD $2.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles - LOVE (CD) USD $2.75 Buy It Now 4h 53m
BEATLES LOVE CD - LAS VEGAS SHOW SOUNDTRACK USD $20.00 [0 bids]
LOVE by The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, Capitol/Apple) USD $7.98 Buy It Now 5h 2m
BEATLES LOVE CD - LAS VEGAS SHOW SOUNDTRACK BRAND NEW USD $20.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES MONTHLY BOOK No. 23 ISSUE JUNE 1965 LOVELY CONDITION 2nd YEAR FAB USD $13.79 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES : LOVE ME DO + BOYS THAI RECORDS 7 " EP 4 TRACKS ++RARE++ USD $17.02 [5 bids]
1964 BEATLES ..LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU ..ON TOLLIE RECORD LABEL USD $2.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES baby you're a rich man/all you need is love PICTURE COVER Capitol 5964 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 50m
The Beatles - She Loves You / I'll Get You 7" VG+ S-4152-S 1st 1964 USA Vinyl 45 USD $700.00 Buy It Now 6h
Beatles Love Songs Gold Stamp Promo 2 LP *USED* USD $40.00 Buy It Now 6h 2m
The Patty Cakes - I Understand Them (A Love Song To The Beatles) 7" VG TUFF 378 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 6m
The Beatles She Loves You 7" Vinyl Record. USD $10.03 Buy It Now 6h 35m
The Beatles " Love me Do " 7 inch single Picture Sleeve reissue USD $2.76 [0 bids]
Retro Framed 7" Vinyl Single The Beatles All You Need Is Love Great Gift Idea USD $27.59 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Beatles all you need is love Capitol 5964- with PS 7" 45rpm USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Beatles - She Loves You/ I'll Get You 1964 Original Press with Picture Sleeve USD $30.00 [0 bids]
USD $40.00 Buy It Now
Frank Ifield(Beatles),Cap. T 10356,"I'm Confessin'That I Love You",US,LP,mono,M USD $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 42m
STEVE WARINER BEATLES get back /SHENANDOAH can't buy me love LIBERTY 45 USD $3.49 Buy It Now 7h 50m
THE BEATLES - ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE 7" UK R5620 JUKEBOX SINGLE USD $2.07 [0 bids]
The Beatles 3" CD single Long-Box ONLY NO CD Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You USD $0.97 [0 bids]
USD $2.77 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1963 UK 45 CANT BUY ME LOVE NEAR MINT USD $55.20 Buy It Now 8h 21m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1964 UK 45 CANT BUY ME LOVE LOVE EX++ USD $48.29 Buy It Now 8h 26m
LOVE by The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, Capitol/Apple) USD $0.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES New CD 27 No 1 Singles Hey Jude Let it Be Get Back Love Me Do USD $8.05 Buy It Now 8h 57m
GEORGE HARRISON THIS GUITAR/MAYA LOVE RARE EX EP APPLE 1975 45RPM BEATLES USD $80.00 Buy It Now 9h 26m
THE BEATLES SHEET MUSIC 1963 ALL MY LOVING NORTHERN SONGS LENNON USD $22.07 [0 bids]
The Rutles 45 I Must be in Love 1978 Beatles Bonzo Dog Monty Python M- USD $9.00 Buy It Now 9h 33m
LOVE The Beatles (CD, 2006) EMI/Apple Corp USD $4.28 Buy It Now 9h 41m
BEATLES/ALL MY LOVING EP UK GEP8891 USD $59.00 Buy It Now 9h 54m
THE BEATLES All You Need Is Love / Baby You're A Rich Man rare pink vinyl 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 7m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That rare green vinyl 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Beatles Reproduction Demo Record All You Need Is Love USD $27.61 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Radio Show: DICK CLARK RR&R 6/25/88 BEATLES TRIBUTE! SUPREMES, DARLENE LOVE,LULU USD $38.99 Buy It Now 10h 12m
THE HOUSE OF LOVE BEATLES AND THE STONES LIMITED EDITION NUMBERED CD SINGLE 1990 USD $4.13 Buy It Now 10h 14m
THE BEATLES++LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU++TOLLIE T=9008 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE BEATLES MEXICAN USD $24.99 [0 bids]
MFD IN CANADA 5235 1964 ROCK 45 RPM THE BEATLES : IF I FEEL + AND I LOVE HER USD $8.45 [2 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 7" 45 T-9008 1964 DG USD $49.99 Buy It Now 10h 41m
THE BEATLES:THE LOST STUDIO SESSIONS- 2016 CODA CD Inc.Love Of The Loved~NEW USD $5.51 [0 bids]
WINGS ( Paul McCartney) (Beatles) My Love New Zealand 45 1973 USD $15.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL OFFICIAL CALENDAR FOR 1964 COMPLETE LOVELY CONDITION ! USD $109.03 Buy It Now 11h 2m
BEATLES 45 All You Need Is Love CAPITOL 5964 ORIGINAL 1967 Picture sleeve and USD $46.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO, P.S. I LOVE YOU, PICTURE DISC, EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $22.07 [0 bids]
1x Used Music CD The Beatles LOVE 2006 USA USD $8.06 Buy It Now 11h 48m
7" Beatles - Can't buy me love ep 64 Sweden USD $17.99 [1 bids]
the beatles she loves you / ill get you 45rpm small text USD $2.75 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU / ILL GET YOU 1963 PARLOPHONE 45RPM USD $4.13 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES YOU CANT BUY ME LOVE 1964 PARLOPHONE 45RPM USD $4.13 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ~ LOVE ME DO ~ RARE 3" SINGLE CD3  USD $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 20m
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love CD NEW SEALED USD $4.99 Buy It Now 12h 22m
7" Beatles - She loves you 63 Sweden red/orange sleeve USD $18.50 [3 bids]
Beatles - 2 Record Lot with Picture Sleeves . Love Me Do - I Saw Her Standing USD $8.00 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles She Loves You 45rpm 1964 SWAN S-4152 Ind. Press USD $7.99 [0 bids]
7" Beatles - She loves you 63 Sweden yellow sleeve USD $12.99 [1 bids]
Beatles Love Number One Tomorrow Traffic Psychedelia At Abbey CD'S Lot or Single USD $34.99 Buy It Now 12h 33m
Record Album-LOVE SONGS, By The Beatles USD $6.99 [0 bids]
Detroit Emeralds - Feel The Need In Me / And I Love Her (Beatles cover) 7" vinyl USD $4.13 [0 bids]
13h
The Beatles Music CD Parlophone Please Please Me Love Me Do Twist USD $9.98 Buy It Now 13h
The Beatles: Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That original 1964 7" R5114 USD $4.13 Buy It Now 13h 20m
The Beatles Music CD With The Beatles Apple All My Loving Mister Postman Money USD $9.98 Buy It Now 13h 52m
THE BEATLES - She Loves You [Vinyl Single 7 Inch,1963] UK R 5055 1st Press *EXC USD $16.54 Buy It Now 14h 26m
The Beatles Love Songs 8 Track 8X2B-11711 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 30m
The Beatles "Love Songs" Capitol Records, Stereo LP SKBL 11711 (SKBL 4-11711) USD $17.84 Buy It Now 14h 40m
The House Of Love ?- Beatles And The Stones - CD Single USD $4.14 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Real Love [Single] by The Beatles (Cassette, Mar-1996, Capitol) USD $0.99 Buy It Now 15h 36m
The Beatles-Baby You're A Rich Man/All You need Is Love (PS) VG+ USD $40.00 Buy It Now 15h 52m
RARE EP THE BEATLES Words Of Love MEXICAN CAPITOL Eight Days A Week EPEM-10043. USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE SONGS 2LP CAPITOL SKBL11711 1977 1st PRESS W TEXTURED COVER/BOOKLET USD $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 56m
BEATLES 7'' EP--France--All my Loving + 3 Ex Condition USD $59.81 [0 bids]
George Harrison 1973 Give Me Love/Miss O'dell 45 Apple Records 1862 The Beatles USD $1.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
BEATLES (George) Give Me Love- Capitol Purple label.  USD $4.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES THE BEATLES P.S.I LOVE YOU 7" TOLLIE LABEL 9008 USD $34.99 Buy It Now 17h 34m
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 45 RPM RECORD USD $8.86 Buy It Now 18h 30m
BEATLES PINK VINYL 45 "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE/BABY, YOU'RE A RICH MAN" FREE SHIP USD $13.99 [0 bids]
USD $18.99 Buy It Now
RINGO STARR Give More Love JAPAN SHM CD The Beatles Paul McCartney Jeff Lynne USD $26.50 Buy It Now 19h 16m
BEATLES - Real Love / Baby's In Black - CD - Maxi Import - *Excellent Condition* USD $12.95 Buy It Now 20h 15m
Beatles, Can't Buy Me Love(1964) Single USD $20.01 [0 bids]
Beatles, She Loves You, 1963 USD $20.01 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 45 UK 20TH ANNIVERSARY PICTURE DISC USD $27.59 Buy It Now 21h 31m
THE BEATLES JOHN LENNON Rare 1970 Australian Only 7" Mint OOP Single "Love" USD $19.90 Buy It Now 21h 52m
THE BEATLES HARRISON Rare 1982 Aust Only 7" Mint OOP Single "Wake Up My Love" USD $31.86 Buy It Now 21h 54m
The Beatles / All My Loving / Odeon Records OR-1094 / JAPAN EP A3095 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
JOHNNY YOUNG All My Loving 1978 Oz Pop (Australian) LP - Beatles USD $13.95 Buy It Now 21h 56m
Peter And Gordon A World Without Love UK 1964 Columbia 7" Vinyl Single Beatles USD $2.75 Buy It Now 22h 8m
?DOWLANDS All My Loving (Beatles)/Hey Sally Tollie 9002 WLP ROCK 45RPM? USD $17.99 Buy It Now 22h 40m
THE BEATLES AND I LOVE HER ODEON VINYL 1964 RECORD GERMANY 7" 45 rpm USD $9.90 Buy It Now 22h 55m
THE BEATLES Real Love TOCP-8716 Maxi-Single JAPAN 1996 NEW USD $114.89 Buy It Now 23h 31m
The Beatles Metal Keyrings New USD $6.89 Buy It Now 23h 49m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(27%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(29%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.
Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.
Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team
4 stars This cd was a collaboration between Geroge Martin and his son Giles when they were asked to work for the Cirque du Soleil. They have created this soundscape using any sound from the original Beatles multi-track tapes. The used sound to combine some songs or use the sound of songs to go in other songs. The results are impressive especially in 5.1. It's about an hour and a half medley that can be listened like one song with not much pause between songs. The sound is all over the room and is a new experience to hear those songs that we all know for a long time. I could hear some heavy parts that I never heard on the old versions. This is a soundtrack for a film with a nice choice of songs, the more accessible ones and the more experimental ones from the latest albums of The Beatles. This cd could serve as a introduction to the band and in that case, you can be satisfied with the stereo cd, but if you want to hear the Beatles songs with new arrangements and in surround, you need the DVD-audio. This is more than a simple and easy compilation of the bands greatest hits, it's more than 2 years of hard rock with the collaboration of many people to brings this to the public.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 3, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 9, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"