LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

The Beatles she loves you picture disc R 5055 7" USD $11.37 [5 bids]
45 "And I Love Her/If I Fell"-The Beatles w/Picture Sleeve-Capitol #5235 USD $180.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
The Beatles can't buy me love R 5114 1st pressing uk parlophone 1964 7" USD $1.32 [0 bids]
PAUL MAURIAT Salutes The Beatles LP Lovely copy ! USD $10.70 Buy It Now 2h 14m
the Beatles can't buy me love. Ltd picture disc 7" r 5114 USD $10.03 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES-Love me do-RARE 45 single-PARLOPHONE INDIA USD $119.20 Buy It Now 2h 23m
PAUL McCARTNEY My Love / The Mess rare 45 on APPLE label THE BEATLES USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
The Beatles Love Songs 8 Track 8X2B-11711 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1964 USA TOLLIE 45 LOVE ME DO RARE LABEL VARIATION USD $40.11 Buy It Now 2h 28m
THE BEATLES-Love me do-RARE 45 single-PARLOPHONE INDIA USD $55.20 Buy It Now 2h 30m
THE BEATLES She Loves You Original 1960s sheet music USD $40.11 Buy It Now 3h 2m
THE BEATLES UK PARLOPHONE 45 SHE LOVES YOU 1963 1st ISSUE USD $2.67 Buy It Now 3h 7m
THE BEATLES UK PARLOPHONE 45 SHE LOVES YOU 1963 1st ISSUE USD $4.01 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Beatles She Loves You - 3rd 7" vinyl single record UK R5055 PARLOPHONE 1963 USD $3.34 Buy It Now 3h 7m
BEATLES " ALL MY LOVING " SUPER UK RARE in NO ROB FREEMAN CREDIT ERROR EP USD $13.37 Buy It Now 3h 7m
THE BEATLES she loves you*i'll get you 1963 UK PARL 45 USD $2.67 Buy It Now 3h 7m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love Vinyl Record 7 Inch Parlophone R 5114 1964 USD $4.01 Buy It Now 3h 7m
THE BEATLES UK PARLOPHONE 45 SHE LOVES YOU 1963 1st ISSUE USD $3.74 Buy It Now 3h 7m
BEATLES " ALL MY LOVING " SUPER UK RARE in NO ROB FREEMAN CREDIT ERROR EP USD $18.72 Buy It Now 3h 7m
George Harrison **Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)** 1973 Apple 45 Beatles USD $4.01 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Beatles - Love Songs 2LP Bulgarian Press! USD $26.73 Buy It Now 3h 8m
THE BEATLES " CAN`T BUY ME LOVE" 1ST PRESSING UK PARLOPHONE EX COND.IN Or. SL. USD $9.21 Buy It Now 3h 9m
THE BEATLES All You Need Is Love EMI ODEON DSOL 66.080 Pres Spain 1967 Single VG USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 10m
THE BEATLES LOVE CD - FREE UK POSTAGE! USD $4.35 Buy It Now 3h 13m
BEATLES "SHE LOVES YOU" 1970's UK reissue 7" vinyl USD $8.01 Buy It Now 3h 15m
THE BEATLES / All My Loving / ODEON DSOE 16.577 Pressing Spain 1964 EP 45rpm VG+ USD $70.00 Buy It Now 3h 28m
THE BEATLES ~ CANT BUY ME LOVE ~ R 5114 ~ 1964 UK 7" 1ST PRESS VINYL SINGLE USD $16.04 Buy It Now 3h 44m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS EXTRA RARE BULGARIA PRESSING 1977 EX-/EX/EX USD $32.00 Buy It Now 3h 47m
THE BEATLES - ALL MY LOVING - UK ORIGINAL 2ND PRESSING 7" VINYL EP - EXCELLENT USD $13.37 [0 bids]
The Beatles *All My Loving EP'* 1963 GEP 8891 7" vinyl single record EX/VG+ USD $16.05 Buy It Now 4h 6m
The Beatles - Love Me Do...plus - Beat 60s 70s USD $19.87 Buy It Now 4h 9m
The Beatles - Love Me Do...plus - Beat 60s 70s USD $23.92 Buy It Now 4h 9m
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 7" VG+ T-9008 Yellow Label Vinyl 45 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 4h 29m
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE RARE 1967 PARLOPHONE VINYL RECORD UK 7" USD $49.90 Buy It Now 4h 36m
BAJAGA BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE RARE PROMO 1986 RECORD YUGOSLAVIA 7" PS USD $14.90 Buy It Now 4h 36m
The Beatles SEALED in PS 45 record LOVE ME DO Tollie 1964 Black Label USD $121.50 [21 bids]
Barbara Love - Across the Universe/Alice 45 Promo (Epic) the beatles VG USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 47m
3 THE BEATLES CDs - 1 (hits), Past Masters Vol 2, Love (George Martin remixes) USD $26.75 Buy It Now 4h 57m
THE BEATLES- LOVE ME DO -1st RARE TYPE 1 & 2 RED LABELS PARLOPHONE 45-R4949 EX/+ USD $66.87 [1 bids]
5h
The Beatles *She Loves You* Picture Disc Vinyl 7" 45 single EX+ USD $20.06 Buy It Now 5h 5m
The Beatles "Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You" Oldies 45 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 5h 13m
The Beatles - She Loves You / Twist And Shout (Live) 7" Picture Disc Ltd Edition USD $21.40 Buy It Now 5h 20m
The Beatles - LOVE (2006) USD $9.34 Buy It Now 5h 30m
The Beatles - Sgt Pepper - Parlophone UK Mono Pressing - Lovely Condition! USD $66.87 [9 bids]
1966 Band Of The Irish Guards WLP 7" 45 MICHELLE / CAN'T BUY ME LOVE (Beatles) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Beatles Red Vinyl 7" "She Loves You / I'll Get You" Capitol (17488), Near Mint USD $15.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
THE BEATLES - REAL LOVE - Cassette 724388264648 USD $12.02 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Mancebo Judson-Babies Love Beatles (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.21 Buy It Now 5h 52m
George Harrison "GIVE ME LOVE GIVE ME PEACE ON EARTH" Japan 7" vinyl Beatles USD $21.39 Buy It Now 6h 4m
THE BEATLES UK 7" CAN'T BUY ME LOVE. 1964 . R 5114. 1st PRESS USD $6.69 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You UK Import 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 14m
MIKE REDWAY EP Spain 1964 A world without love ( THE BEATLES ) +3 USD $14.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles - She Loves You - I'll Get You - R 5055 - 45 single - 1963 RECORD USD $3.68 [0 bids]
BEATLES--7'-GREEN VINTL 45--(CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT)---NEAR MINT. USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
THE BEATLES - REAL LOVE - TAPE CASSETTE SINGLE USD $1.32 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES SHEET MUSIC CANT BUY ME LOVE + 2 BONUS SONGS USD $13.37 Buy It Now 6h 42m
House Of Love/Beatles And Stones/1990 7" Single + Poster/EX:EX USD $9.35 Buy It Now 6h 54m
BEATLES Paul McCartney 2005 Never Stop Doing What You Love SEALED Promo NEW CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 2m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You rare 45 on OLDIES label USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 7m
BEATLES love songs 2 LP Japan Near Mint Wax! Flag OBI Vinyl LP USD $38.77 Buy It Now 7h 12m
All You Need Is Love: Beatles Songs for Kids USD $4.77 Buy It Now 7h 14m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 7" 50th Anniversary 2nd Issue 2012 USD $16.04 Buy It Now 7h 16m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 45 with PicSleeve (1982 issue) USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 21m
*GEORGE HARRISON (THE BEATLES) Give me love VG++ CANADA ORIG 1973 APPLE 45 Vinyl USD $15.50 Buy It Now 7h 26m
THE BEATLES 'Love Songs' Vinyl LP Double Album In Gatefold Sleeve - C15 USD $13.36 [0 bids]
Giovanni Plays Beatles Love Songs, Vol. 1 USD $202.57 Buy It Now 7h 47m
The Beatles 7" Love Me Do Vinyl 50th Anniversary Misprint 45-R 4714 Limited USD $25.59 Buy It Now 8h 30m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE LOVELY CONDITION USD $66.86 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES All You Need Is Love / Baby You're A Rich Man UK Import 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 36m
BEATLES: Falling In Love Again / Sheila 45 (re) Rock & Pop USD $8.00 Buy It Now 8h 47m
LOVE EM DO! 24 Hits That Inspired The Beatles Cassette Compilation Chuck Berry USD $3.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
The Beatles - All My Loving 7" UK press Mono USD $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 56m
*<* BEATLES "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE": UNPLAYED MINT GREEN VINYL 45 w/JUKEBOX STRIP! USD $18.99 Buy It Now 9h
The Beatles All you need is Love/Baby you're a rich man 7" 45 Mono Germany 1967 USD $33.34 Buy It Now 9h 8m
*<* BEATLES "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE": UNPLAYED MINT GEM PINK VINYL 45 w/JUKESTRIP! USD $18.99 Buy It Now 9h 11m
The Beatles 'All my Loving' 4 songs Mono 7" 45RPM vinyl EP with Center 8891 UK USD $40.32 Buy It Now 9h 17m
The Beatles ?- Love 2006 EMI CD Album Excellent USD $4.67 Buy It Now 9h 27m
*<* BEATLES "SHE LOVES YOU": 1964 CLEAN VG+ 1st PRESS without "Don't Drop Out"! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 32m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do XP10-2051 CD JAPAN 1988 8cm Single USD $48.08 Buy It Now 10h
BEATLES TOLLIE EX T-9008 LOVE ME DO PICTURE SLEEVE W/EX VINYL 45 + BONUS SLEEVE USD $129.95 Buy It Now 10h 28m
SHE LOVES YOU / THE BEATLES / UK PARLOPHONE / ORIGINAL 1st. PRESS 1963 USD $26.73 Buy It Now 10h 29m
Ringo Starr - Give More Love 2017 solo release, sealed vinyl LP, The Beatles USD $19.80 Buy It Now 10h 37m
The Beatles - Love Songs USD $5.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES She Loves You / IŽll Get You 7" Odeon Single South America PEERUVIAN USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Cassette Tape 101 STRINGS PLAY HITS All you need is love SONGS Old USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 44m
The Beatles Collectible Taxi' CAN'T BUY ME LOVE USD $13.37 Buy It Now 10h 46m
The Beatles:'Love Songs' 2LPs Stereo-CANADA-EMI-Capitol SEBX-11844 *GOLD* Vinyl USD $151.19 Buy It Now 10h 57m
BEATLES She Loves You / IŽll Get You 7" Odeon Single South America PEERUVIAN 2 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE MARTIN And I Love Her 7" Single South America PEERUVIAN BEATLES USD $14.99 [0 bids]
AL GOODMAN BEATLES RINGO'S THEME (THIS BOY) & AND I LOVE HER HARD DAYS NIGHT LP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 19m
Beatles 45 "She Loves You" & "Hey Jude" USD $7.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 rpm Record and Picture Sleeve'' She Loves You'' Swan '' USD $39.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES ALL MY LOVING / LOVE ME DO 45 7" APPLE JAPAN RED WAX AR-1094 USD $399.99 Buy It Now 13h 7m
THE BEATLES MONTHLY BOOK No. 51 GENUINE OCTOBER 1967 ISSUE LOVELY CONDITION USD $13.36 [0 bids]
The Beatles All You Need Is Love 2 Versions Germany USD $7.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 1988 UK 3 INCH CD SINGLE SHE LOVES YOU USD $26.73 Buy It Now 14h 17m
THE BEATLES 1988 UK 3 INCH CD SINGLE LOVE ME DO USD $26.73 Buy It Now 14h 19m
*<* BEATLES "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE" UNPLAYED MINT 45/PIC SLEEVE from 1976 BOX SET USD $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 22m
THE BEATLES All My Loving ISRAEL ISRAELI 7" YELLOW PARLOPHON EP USD $60.00 Buy It Now 15h 36m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(27%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(28%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.
Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.
Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Metal / Heavy / RPI / Symph Prog Team
4 stars This cd was a collaboration between Geroge Martin and his son Giles when they were asked to work for the Cirque du Soleil. They have created this soundscape using any sound from the original Beatles multi-track tapes. The used sound to combine some songs or use the sound of songs to go in other songs. The results are impressive especially in 5.1. It's about an hour and a half medley that can be listened like one song with not much pause between songs. The sound is all over the room and is a new experience to hear those songs that we all know for a long time. I could hear some heavy parts that I never heard on the old versions. This is a soundtrack for a film with a nice choice of songs, the more accessible ones and the more experimental ones from the latest albums of The Beatles. This cd could serve as a introduction to the band and in that case, you can be satisfied with the stereo cd, but if you want to hear the Beatles songs with new arrangements and in surround, you need the DVD-audio. This is more than a simple and easy compilation of the bands greatest hits, it's more than 2 years of hard rock with the collaboration of many people to brings this to the public.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 3, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 9, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"