LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$17.85

LOVE BY BEATLES (CD) USD $27.13 Buy It Now 1h 37m
2 Nice Beatles Vinyl 45's Paperback Writer/And I Love Her Apple Records USD $9.49 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 45 RARE YELLOW LABEL/GREEN PRINT W/TOLLIE BOXED USD $19.98 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES She Loves You/I'll Get You 45 SWAN Records VG To VG+ USD $19.98 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do/ P.S. I Love You 45 CAPITOL B-5189 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Introducing... The Beatles, Vee Jay VJLP 1062, Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $22.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
The Beatles She Loves You I'll Get You 7" single 45 record USD $3.75 Buy It Now 2h 39m
George Harrison ( Beatles) 7" Give Me love / Miss O'Dell- Apple Records 1973 USD $2.29 Buy It Now 2h 45m
The Beatles All You Need Is Love/Baby You're A Rich Man 45 Vinyl Record PIC SLV USD $16.50 [0 bids]
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love & You Can't Do That - Starline Reissue - NM USD $12.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "20 GREATEST HITS" XDR CASSETTE ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE Vintage USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 31m
The Beatles "Love Me Do" Capitol 1963 VG++ Canada Copy USD $49.95 [1 bids]
The Dowlands 45 ALL MY LOVING / HEY SALLY ~ Tollie 9002 VG+ Beatles song USD $10.50 Buy It Now 4h
Nice Old Original Vintage Beatles Love Songs 8 Track Tape Capital Records Music USD $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 39m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 7" 1971 vintage vinyl record USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 49m
THE BEATLES - REAL LOVE CD W/3 TRACKS NOT ON ANY BEATLES ALBUM! USD $9.99 [0 bids]
TOP SIX " No 3 1964 / THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE " VG VINTAGE 45 RPM USD $0.63 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do - CD Compact Disc USD $19.15 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Beatles LOVE Radio Promo Interview CD -Capitol Records MINT CONDITION Unplayed! USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
Beatles All My Loving - 9th - I ¥500 Japanese 7" vinyl single record AR-1094 USD $41.27 Buy It Now 5h 16m
VINTAGE BEATLES SAM GOOD RECORD ALL MY LOVING/YOU'VE GOT TO HIDE YOU LOVE AWAY USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Beatles 45 single COLORED Vinyl You've Got To Hide Your Love Away/Just Seen Face USD $20.00 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Peter & Gordon "A World Without Love" (BEATLES) Oz 7" USD $6.88 Buy It Now 7h 42m
The BEATLES You Can't Do That b/w Can't Buy Me Love 7" vinyl 45 rpm CAPITOL 1964 USD $8.95 Buy It Now 9h 8m
GEORGE HARRISON - THIS IS LOVE 4 TR EU RARE 3 INCH BEATLES USD $23.96 Buy It Now 9h 58m
George Harrison (Beatles)/This Is Love + 1 (Japan/3" CD Single/Sealed) USD $79.99 Buy It Now 10h 40m
we love the Beatles - Various (Zoo magazine Greek compilation, Faithfull etc) USD $18.00 [0 bids]
R 5055 The Beatles - I'll Get You / She Loves You - 1963 USD $18.79 Buy It Now 12h 7m
R 5055 The Beatles - She Loves You / I'll Get You - 1963 USD $18.79 Buy It Now 12h 7m
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU - 7" 45rpm SINGLE (1963) USD $6.26 [0 bids]
THE OVERLANDERS Michelle / Cradle Of Love 45 - Beatles USD $11.43 Buy It Now 13h 12m
MARY WELLS-LOVE SONGS TO THE BEATLES-JAPAN MINI LP CD C94 USD $15.50 Buy It Now 14h 2m
The Beatles: I Love The Beatles Insulated Travel Mug - New & Official In Box USD $12.53 Buy It Now 14h 9m
THE BEATLES OFFICIAL ORIGINAL SHEET MUSIC 1965 YESTERDAY Northern Songs Lovely USD $20.03 Buy It Now 14h 54m
Beatles - 45 Promo "All You Need Is Love" vintage RARE! USD $75.00 [0 bids]
USD $99.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 2012 UK 2nd press vinyl 7" Ringo version NEW/UNPLAYED USD $16.27 Buy It Now 15h 54m
THE BEATLES=SHE LOVES YOU EX- USD $1.24 [1 bids]
Beatles, The - Love ***Yellow Barcode*** - Beatles, The CD HUVG USD $5.23 Buy It Now 16h 16m
THE BEATLES / ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN (1964) FRENCH PRESS EP SOE 3746 love me do LES USD $21.00 Buy It Now 16h 44m
The Beatles - E.p-All My Loving (ask Me Why-Money-Ps I ... - The Beatles CD 9IVG USD $23.48 Buy It Now 16h 46m
The Beatles ?- Love Songs - 2xLP USD $7.00 Buy It Now 16h 47m
The Beatles Love Songs First Pressing & Demonstration Copy Very Rare USD $250.51 Buy It Now 17h
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE Parl 64 -1N-1N Contract 45 EX USD $22.53 Buy It Now 17h 3m
BEATLES: PS I Love You / Love Me Do OLDIES USA 45 Scarce VG+ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 17h 8m
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love 7"Single 1964 / INDIAN USD $125.26 Buy It Now 17h 18m
The Carefrees We Love You Beatles 1964 45rpm USD $11.99 Buy It Now 17h 28m
The Beatles story 1962-3, P.S We Love You magazine, USD $10.01 Buy It Now 17h 36m
Paul McCartney & Wings (The Beatles) - My Love / The Mess 7" Vinyl Apple R5985 USD $11.26 Buy It Now 17h 53m
The Beatles Real Love/Baby's in Black cassette USD $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That The Beatles (ID:14834) USD $12.00 Buy It Now 18h 19m
All You Need Is Love-Beatles [CD New] USD $10.42 Buy It Now 18h 26m
House Of Love Beatles And The Stones 7" Limited Edition Single USD $2.51 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS RARE 1ST PRESS STEREO PCS 7211 VINYL 2 LP 971-1 972-1 USD $25.05 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - She Loves You [Vinyl Single 7 Inch,1963] UK R 5055 1st Press *VGC USD $8.74 Buy It Now 18h 52m
BEATLES Love Songs CAPITOL STEREO SKBL 11711 25 Track TWO LP VINYL RECORD SET USD $12.00 [0 bids]
All You Need Is Love-Beatles (CD New) USD $11.57 Buy It Now 19h 12m
THE BEATLES " THE BEATLES ANOTHER LOVE STORY" JAPAN BOX SET USD $99.99 Buy It Now 19h 35m
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO b/w P.S. I LOVE YOU, PARLOPHONE RP 4949 PICTURE DISC USD $15.66 Buy It Now 19h 37m
THE BEATLES "All You Need is Love" 1967 High Grade ROCKER with PS on Capitol VG+ USD $15.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "And I Love Her" 1964 High Grade ROCKER with PS on Capitol VG+ USD $9.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU 7" 45 VINYL UK 1963 1ST PRESS 1N/1N MATRIX Original USD $12.51 Buy It Now 19h 47m
THE BEATLES - ALL MY LOVING EP 7" 45 VINYL 1N/1N UK MONO 1ST PRESS GEP8891 USD $12.51 Buy It Now 19h 48m
GEORGE HARRISON This Song/Learning How To Love You 7" 45 mid-70's rock Beatles USD $2.99 Buy It Now 19h 50m
THE BEATLES R5114 Can't Buy Me Love - Rare UK 7" CBS/Oriole Contract Pressing USD $36.89 [0 bids]
The Beatles - She Loves You - Rare UK Ltd 20th Anniversary 7" picture disc USD $31.30 Buy It Now 20h 30m
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love - Rare UK Ltd 20th Anniversary 7" picture disc USD $31.30 Buy It Now 20h 31m
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - YOU CAN'T DO THAT 7" 45RPM CAPITOL B-5189 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE HARRISON Crackerbox Palace/Learning How To Love You 7" 45 Beatles USD $1.00 Buy It Now 20h 52m
The Beatles 45 rpm PS 1964 "Love Me Do" and P.S. I Love You" Tollie T-9008 USD $50.00 Buy It Now 20h 55m
listen VICKY love me do COLOMBIA LATIN GIRL MARIMBA THE BEATLES USD $24.99 Buy It Now 21h 21m
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU 7" VINYL USD $6.88 Buy It Now 21h 34m
THE BEATLES - ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE 7" VINYL USD $9.38 Buy It Now 21h 52m
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 7" VINYL USD $7.50 Buy It Now 21h 52m
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU 7" VINYL USD $6.88 Buy It Now 21h 53m
LOVE ME DO/P.S I LOVE YOU(BEATLES)45 RPM USD $100.00 Buy It Now 22h 23m
SHE LOVES YOU/I'LL GET YOU(BEATLES)45 RPM USD $150.00 Buy It Now 22h 24m
The Beatles Love Songs 8 Track 8X2B-11711 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 22h 42m
EX/EX- !! The Beatles/Hits EP/1963 Parlophone Mono 7" Single/Love Me Do USD $18.78 Buy It Now 22h 45m
THE BEATLES MONTHLY BOOK MAGAZINE No19 GENUINE FEBRUARY 1965 ISSUE LOVELY USD $18.78 Buy It Now 22h 46m
The Beatles/All My Loving EP/1963 Parlophone Mono 7" Single/Money USD $37.56 Buy It Now 22h 49m
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love 7"Single 1964 / INDIAN USD $75.15 Buy It Now 22h 52m
The Beatles P.S. I Love You / I Want To Hold Your Hand RARE FRENCH 45 USD $13.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU PARLOPHONE PRALOPHNOE 45 RPM VG+ condition USD $3.13 [0 bids]
BEATLES Please, Please Me / Love Me Do VERY RARE M-/M- Sweden 45 LIMITED 1000!! USD $199.00 Buy It Now 23h 5m
BEATLES ICONIC 1964 #1 SHE LOVES YOU/I'LL GET YOU: CLEAN VG++ USD $15.10 Buy It Now 23h 25m
The Beatles - Love Songs 2 x Vinyl LP Gatefold Sleeve Parlophone PCSP 721 (1977) USD $25.04 Buy It Now 23h 29m
The Beatles-If I Fell/And I Love Her-Vinyl 45 w/Picture Sleeve USD $45.99 Buy It Now 23h 59m
beatles she loves you / i,ll get you 7" vinyl...re-issue USD $3.75 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE" SOUNDTRACK CIRQUE DU SOLEIL 2 VINYL LP'S UK FIRST EDITION USD $48.29 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - All You Need Is Love/Baby You're A Rich Man (45, 1967) G+ Original USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
New Beatles Memorabilia All You Need is Love Quartz Watch Black Strap Quote Text USD $10.01 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE HARRISON: Give Me Love (peace on earth) APPLE 45 NM- Beatles USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES THE LOVE CD + DVD NEW USD $23.48 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES RARE BARCELONA EP BLUE ODEON SHE LOVES YOU USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Love by The Beatles (CD, 2006, EMI Records) USD $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOT OF 2 SEALED CASSETTES 1 ONE LOVE SONGS USD $4.25 [3 bids]
The Beatles - LOVE (2006) New USD $3.75 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES OFFICIAL WASHINGTON POTTERY - HANELY ENGLAND SIDE PLATE LOVELY- FAB USD $25.04 [0 bids]
All You Need Is Love / Baby You're A Rich Man 20th Anniversary UK Beatles vinyl USD $7.64 Buy It Now 1 day
RUSSIA 4 track EP Can't Buy Me Love + 3 Beatles vinyl Melodiya 1980 Lady Madonna USD $26.75 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(28%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.
Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.
Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 3, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 9, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"