LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$17.19
LINDA JONES i who have nothing EP SOUL yesterday BEATLES WARNER Portugal PS 7'' US $9.99 [0 bids]
30m 19s
hear LOS 4 ROS yellow submarine +3 EP SPANISH BEATLES COVER YE YE BEAT MOD 7'' US $9.99 [0 bids]
30m 20s
The Beatles White Album lp with Photos & Poster! Nm Vinyls! 2lp Capital Record US $69.99 Buy It Now 30m 23s
BEATLES - CAROL - BBC SESSIONS - BRAND NEW SEALED MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NY US $19.98 Buy It Now 30m 32s
Aerosmith CD REMASTER Greatest Hits 1973-9 Steven Tyler 10 Best Beatles US $3.79 [0 bids]
30m 35s
THE BEATLES YELLOW SUBMARINE SW 153 REISSUE 76 CAPITOL RECORDS SEALED NO BARCODE US $64.99 Buy It Now 30m 51s
Beatles-Free As A Bird-Christmas Time (Is Here Again)-Apple 58497-45 With PicSlv US $0.99 [1 bids]
30m 51s
THE BEATLES GENUINE 1963 ROYAL COMMAND PERFORMANCE MAGAZINE GRAND CONDITION US $24.91 [0 bids]
31m 15s
CD The Beatles Let It Be 1987 Apple/Capital US $8.00 [0 bids]
31m 18s
THE BEATLES WHITE ALBUM CAPITOL LABEL WHITE COLORED VINYL COMPLETE w/INSERTS US $299.99 Buy It Now 32m 10s
BEATLES-PLEASE PLEASE ME-1963 UK PRESS-AWESOME AUDIO!!!!! SUPERB COVER !!! US $66.46 [10 bids]
32m 11s
**2 BEATLES VJs: PLEASE PLEASE ME & DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET CLEAN VG 45s!** US $12.99 Buy It Now 32m 16s
THE BEATLES OFFICIAL SET OF 15 FRIDGE MAGNETS BRAND NEW ORIGINAL PACKING CASE US $31.55 Buy It Now 32m 30s
Free as a Bird [US Single] [Single] by The Beatles (CD, Dec-1995, Capitol/sealed US $20.00 [0 bids]
32m 51s
THE BEATLES - REVOLVER REMASTERED CD XL T-Shirt - KOOL KRATES BOX US $34.95 Buy It Now 33m
The Beatles "1" ONE /2 LP Records Set / Brand New / Sealed US $34.99 [0 bids]
33m 41s
Badfinger Magic Christian Music LP 1970 Apple ST 3364 BEATLES US $19.99 Buy It Now 33m 55s
THE BEATLES SGT. PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND US $140.00 Buy It Now 33m 57s
Beatles 45 Only "YESTERDAY" Capitol (Cat.#4) US $36.75 Buy It Now 34m
JOHN LENNON-IMAGINE 1971 APPLE RECORDS LP SW-3379 W/ POSTCARD EXC. VG+ BEATLES US $14.99 Buy It Now 34m 2s
THE BEATLES JOHN LENNON'S A SPANIARD IN THE WORKS GENUINE FIRST PRINT JUNE 1965 US $88.04 Buy It Now 34m 46s
Beatles 28 CD Lot Set New/Sealed w Live at the BBC 1&2/White/Whole discography US $249.00 Buy It Now 35m
Beatles ABBEY ROAD 1969 UK 1st Press Stereo MISALIGNED Apple LP! EX-/VG+!!!! US $270.00 Buy It Now 35m 14s
The Beatles-Let it Be- 1970 UK APPLE RECORDS PCS7096 LP!!! VG+!!! NICE!!! US $112.50 Buy It Now 35m 14s
The Beatles " HELP" 1965 UK 1st Press STEREO PCS 3071 LP. EX !! NICE!!!!! US $475.00 Buy It Now 35m 14s
CARLY SIMON Christmas is almost here ADVNCE PROMO DJ CD JOHN LENNON TRK Beatles US $19.99 Buy It Now 35m 55s
LP JOHN LENNON Live Peace In Toronto 1969 VG+ (BEATLES) CANADA US $15.00 Buy It Now 36m 7s
The Beatles Beatlefan Magazine Lennon Harrison Starr McCartney US $9.99 Buy It Now 36m 17s
THE BEATLES - ANTHOLOGY 1 (CD, 1995, 2 Discs & Booklet, Capitol/EMI Records) US $6.99 Buy It Now 36m 59s
THE BEATLES Let It Be + BADFINGER+J.LENNON THAILAND EP Apple artists Compilation US $59.99 [0 bids]
37m 23s
DAVID LANZ - LIVERPOOL: RE-IMAGINING THE BEATLES [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $12.68 Buy It Now 38m 6s
The Beatles A Hard Day's Night, United Artists UAL 3366 US $45.00 Buy It Now 38m 41s
THE BEATLES 'LOVE' RARE PROMO BAG - LOOK! US $52.53 [1 bids]
40m 21s
Beatles 45 "THANK YOU GIRL" / "DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET" Oldies 45 # 152 US $29.98 [0 bids]
41m 35s
Beatle related 45 Li'L Wally & the Venturas "WELCOME BEATLES" US $50.00 [0 bids]
41m 35s
HONEYCOMBS from the underworld beatles beach boys hollies queen howard blaikley US $1.64 [0 bids]
43m 21s
CANADA 1960s FRENCH ROCK 45 RPM THIERRY VINCENT : THE BEATLES : CAN'T BUY ME LO US $24.99 Buy It Now 43m 37s
A HARD DAYS NIGHT BEATLES DVD VIDEO MUSIC FLYER FROM JAPAN (AUG8) US $8.29 Buy It Now 44m 9s
the Beatles Japan ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE BABY EAR 20235 US $43.99 Buy It Now 44m 22s
ITALY JUKE BOX PROMO ( Beatles) JOHN LENNON MIND GAMES US $43.99 Buy It Now 44m 22s
1 by The Beatles (CD, Nov-2000, Apple/Capitol) US $1.29 [0 bids]
44m 38s
HE BEATLES-WHITE ALBUM ITALIAN APPLE PRESSING 3C164-04173/74 EX + CONDITION US $58.15 [0 bids]
44m 46s
2012 spaceships all over the world ANGEL cd queen/sweet/pop rock/beatles/stones US $1.64 [0 bids]
45m 13s
LORD SHORT SHIRT BEATLES AND THE M.B.E. TREE RECORDS BARBADOS RARE SINGLE VINYL US $17.45 [4 bids]
45m 18s
HONEYCOMBS MAGIC FOOTPRINTS beatles beach boys hollies 60s 70s 80s 90s queen who US $1.64 [0 bids]
45m 58s
JOHN LENNON IMAGINE BEATLES MOVIE FLYER FROM JAPAN (AUG8) US $8.29 Buy It Now 47m 20s
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL SHEET MUSIC HELP 1965 LOVELY CONDITION NORTHERN SONGS LTD. US $33.21 Buy It Now 47m 58s
THE BEATLES WITH THE BEATLES ITALIAN PRESS 3C 064-04181,IN VERY GOOD CONDITION US $21.58 [0 bids]
49m 43s
THE BEATLES ~ CAPITOL 5964 "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE" 1967 US $13.45 [0 bids]
51m 32s
Rubber Soul The Beatles on Capitol Records in Stereo US $14.99 Buy It Now 51m 51s
THE BEATLES ~ CAPITOL 5651 "PAPERBACK WRITER / RAIN" 1966 US $11.95 [0 bids]
52m 21s
1 by The Beatles (CD, Nov-2000, Apple/Capitol) John Lennon Paul McCartney US $4.50 Buy It Now 52m 30s
THE BEATLES related rarest item TURKISH ONLY 7" w/PS PAUL & LINDA McCARTNEY US $599.00 Buy It Now 52m 32s
Sargeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles, 1967 Stereo US $14.99 Buy It Now 52m 37s
WINGS BEATLES - GOODNIGHT TONIGHT - PORTUGAL 45 SINGLE US $24.99 Buy It Now 53m 5s
STEPHANIE DE-SYKES 7"PS Spain 1976 It's a crying shame / For no one BEATLES US $7.50 [0 bids]
53m 39s
The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, EMI Parlophone LP US $12.99 [0 bids]
54m 2s
THE BEATLES ~ VEE JAY 587 All Black Label "DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET" 1964 US $19.75 [0 bids]
54m 4s
THE BEATLES, A Hard Day's Night / I Should Have Known Better 45rpm + Pict.Sleeve US $39.00 Buy It Now 54m 15s
BILL ELLIOT & ELASTIC OZ BAND rock 45 GOD SAVE US ~ APPLE VG+ Beatles related US $7.30 Buy It Now 54m 27s
RONNIE SPECTOR 45 TRY SOME, BUY SOME / TANDOORI CHICKEN ~ VG++ Beatles related US $11.70 Buy It Now 54m 27s
PAUL McCARTNEY rock 45 I'LL GIVE YOU A RING / TAKE IT AWAY ~ VG+ Beatles related US $7.29 Buy It Now 54m 28s
THE BEATLES - RUBBER SOUL - ORIGINAL 1965 2ND PRESS MONO VINYL LP - VG/VG US $124.11 Buy It Now 55m 3s
THE BEATLES ~ SWAN 4152 "SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU" 1964 US $9.95 [0 bids]
55m 14s
The Beatles, "Yesterday/Act Naturally" vinyl, 45 US $9.99 [0 bids]
55m 16s
The Beatles ANTHOLOGY DOUBLE CD AND CALENDAR US $1.99 [0 bids]
55m 38s
WINGS (PAUL McCARTNEY, THE BEATLES) ~ APPLE 1851 "LITTLE WOMAN LOVE" 1972 US $7.95 [0 bids]
55m 52s
PAUL MCCARTNEY & WINGS (THE BEATLES) ~ APPLE 1875 Stereo "JUNIOR'S FARM" 1974 US $6.25 [0 bids]
56m 12s
THE BEATLES! LET IT BE UK PRESSING RED APPLE ON BACK PCS 7096 1970 US $65.00 [0 bids]
56m 26s
THE BEATLES Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band Cassette Tape Capitol US $9.99 Buy It Now 56m 26s
PAUL McCARTNEY (THE BEATLES) ~ COLUMBIA 4581 "NO MORE LONELY NIGHTS" 1984 US $7.25 [0 bids]
56m 31s
THE BEATLES -MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR -SMAL 2835 APPLE LABEL VINYL RECORD V/G PLUS US $21.58 [0 bids]
56m 37s
The Beatles "I Want To Hold Your Hand / I Saw Her Standing There" Vinyl, 45 US $9.99 [0 bids]
56m 48s
The Beatles Baby You're a Rich Man & All You Need Is Love Apple Promo CD Single US $39.99 Buy It Now 56m 59s
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus Apple Promo CD Single 1991 US $39.99 Buy It Now 57m 33s
FRANCE / BEATLES , THE BALAD OF JOHN AND YOKO, FRENCH PRESSING 7''HIGH CONDITIO US $49.99 Buy It Now 57m 41s
The Beatles Beatle Mania Record Vinyl Paul Mccartney the Liverpools Wyncote US $0.99 [1 bids]
57m 55s
THE BEATLES BLUE ALBUM CAPITOL BLUE LABEL SKBO-3404 US $2.99 [1 bids]
59m 1s
PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS "VENUS AND MARS" LP 1975 THE BEATLES US $9.99 Buy It Now 59m 3s
Beatles Nowhere Man 1965 45 US $30.00 Buy It Now 59m 7s
hear LOS TELSTARS the night before 45 EP 1966 BEATLES SPANISH BEAT MOD YE YE 7'' US $49.99 [0 bids]
1h
hear OS SHEIKS these boots are made for EP 45 BEATLES MOD ORGAN GARAGE PS 7'' US $24.99 [0 bids]
1h
THE BRISKS baby ye ye 45 EP no reply BEATLES 1965 YE YE BEAT MOD Spain PS 7'' US $24.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Revolver CD Long Box SEALED NIB US $14.95 Buy It Now 1h
BEATLES CD 1 JOHN LENNON PAUL MCCARTNEY RINGO STARR GEORGE HARRISON US $3.00 [0 bids]
Beatles, The - In The Beginning (CD) US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
THE BEATLES HELP ! I'M DOWN PARLOPHONE R 5305 LENNON MCCARTNEY HARRISON SINGLE US $9.15 [4 bids]
Listen LOS POPS *PAPELITO* 1967 SPANISH FREAKBEAT PSYCH MOD PROMO The Beatles US $83.06 [0 bids]
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - Beatles (CD 1987) Early W. German Press US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
THE BEATLES HELP ! PARLOPHONE PMC 1255 YELLOW BLACK LABEL MONO GARROD LOFTHOUSE US $34.89 [3 bids]
The Beatles Record Vinyl Paul McCartney Abbey Road Capitol Records US $7.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES I FEEL FINE SHE'S A WOMAN PARLOPHONE R 5200 LENNON MCCARTNEY RARE 7" US $7.33 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES LADY MADONNA INNER LIGHT PARLOPHONE R 5675 LENNON MCCARTNEY SINGLE US $9.15 [5 bids]
THE BEATLES LET IT BE YOU KNOW MY NAME APPLE R 5833 LENNON MCCARTNEY RARE SINGLE US $5.30 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR SMMT-1 BLUE LYRIC SHEET ORIGINAL STEREO DOUBLE US $38.23 [2 bids]
7 ' THE BEATLES '' THANK YOU GIRL/ VEEJAY 587 ITALY VERY RARE US $275.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU I'LL GET PARLOPHONE R 5055 LENNON MCCARTNEY RARE VINYL US $7.33 [3 bids]
RARE Beatles Swan Red Label Vinyl 45 I'll Get You - Sie Liebt Dich - Die Beatles US $25.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES TICKET TO RIDE YES IT IS PARLOPHONE R 5265 LENNON MCCARTNEY SINGLE US $7.33 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES-HEYJUDE (RARE)PARLOPHONE 1979 PRESSING PCS 7184 YEX.981/982-EX/EX US $26.57 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(26%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#104589) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Send comments to 1800iareyay (BETA) | Report this review (#106331) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#106741) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#113403) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 24, 2007

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#372532) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#791487) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 20, 2012

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"