LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

GEORGE HARRISON Give Me Love / Miss O'Dell 45 Beatles Apple SirH70 USD $10.98 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Beatles 7" vinyl picture disc single Love Me Do UK RP4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $37.64 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Can't Buy Me Love Beatles Japanese 7" vinyl single record OR-1076 ODEON 1964 USD $89.65 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Beatles All My Loving - 9th - I 500 7" vinyl single record Japanese AR-1094 USD $44.14 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Beatles Love Me Do - 1976 UK 7" vinyl single record R4949 PARLOPHONE 1976 USD $14.24 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Beatles tour programme Love - Cirque Du Soleil At The Mirage USA PROGRAMME USD $31.79 Buy It Now 3h 5m
THE BEATLES love (CD album) 0946 3 79808 2 8 pop rock europe 2006 USD $13.58 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Beatles She Loves You - RI USA 7" vinyl single record S-4152 SWAN 1964 USD $102.65 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Beatles Love Me Do - p/s 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK 12R4949 PARLOPHONE USD $38.94 Buy It Now 3h 41m
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love 1964 7" Parlophone R 5114 USD $4.55 Buy It Now 3h 52m
THE BEATLES HELP ! VERTICAL NECK TIE RALPH MARLIN APPLE CORPS LOVELY CONDITION USD $25.99 [0 bids]
Beatles P.S. We Love You magazine UK ISBN 0 85939 328 3 MIRROR BOOKS 1982 USD $15.54 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Beatles All You Needed Was Love UK book 0600204669 HAMLYN 1981 USD $17.49 Buy It Now 3h 57m
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE RED VINYL JAPAN PRESSING USD $45.51 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES OFFICIAL WASHINGTON POTTERY - HANELY ENGLAND SIDE PLATE LOVELY USD $23.39 [1 bids]
All My Loving EP - 2nd Beatles UK 7" vinyl single record GEP8891 PARLOPHONE USD $44.14 Buy It Now 4h
She Loves You - 2nd Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK R5055 PARLOPHONE 1963 USD $50.64 Buy It Now 4h
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE NO LIVE CREDIT USD $32.51 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU - 7" 45 E.P. VINYL w BATMAN RECORD SLEEVE 1963 USD $33.05 Buy It Now 4h 12m
THE BEATLES 1 : 27 No. 1 SINGLES CD LET IT BE LOVE ME DO HELP! GET BACK HEY JUDE USD $2.91 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Summer Of Love - George Martin - Genesis Publications Deluxe - Beatles USD $1,683.76 Buy It Now 4h 29m
THE BEATLES love (CD album) 0946 3 79808 2 8 pop rock europe 2006 USD $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 42m
The Beatles Love Songs 8 Track 8X2B-11711 USD $13.89 Buy It Now 4h 52m
The Beatles Love Me Do Vinyl UK 1982 Picture Disc 7" Single 20th Anniversary EXC USD $11.38 [0 bids]
5h
LOVE by The Beatles CD 2006 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Mixed Media Beatles All You Need Is Love Lyrics On Vinyl Record Album Valentine USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Beatles - Love - CD 2006 USD $6.49 Buy It Now 5h 45m
Beatles Real Love anthology 1996 press advert Full page 27 x 38 cm mini poster USD $10.39 Buy It Now 5h 47m
ORIGINALThe Beatles BEN SHERMAN T SHIRT APPLE lovely USD $25.99 Buy It Now 5h 57m
BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU, I'LL GET YOU--SWAN 4152 RARE FIND POP 45 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 6h 29m
ESTHER PHILLIPS And I Love Him/Shangri La ATLANTIC Funk Soul 45 7" Beatles cover USD $2.78 Buy It Now 6h 31m
BEATLES - And I Love Her / If I Fell - FRANCE - Picture Sleeve - 7" 45RPM Single USD $19.34 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU 7" (UK RE-ISSUE) Singles Collection 1962-1970 USD $3.89 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO PROMO PACKAGE- 1982 REISSUE (HOLLAND) USD $83.21 Buy It Now 7h 48m
PAT BOONE April Love MELODIYA LP TOP COPY PRESS ONLY RUSSIAN Beatles USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 53m
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - RARE ORIOLE CONTRACT PARLOPHONE R5114/1964 EX! USD $25.99 Buy It Now 8h 25m
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVE YOU - PARLOPHONE 1N/1N R 5055 / 1963 IN CO. SLEEVE EX USD $6.31 Buy It Now 8h 25m
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - US ISSUE 7" OLDIES 45 OL-151 / 1964 EX USD $6.31 Buy It Now 8h 25m
The Beatles Story Love Ballades JAPAN CD W/OBI AC-6021 VG #3203 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
THE BEATLES - Love Me Do - PARLOPHONE - 7" SEALED U.K. Re-Issue USD $18.86 Buy It Now 8h 51m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL OFFICIAL 1960's WOODEN NICKEL COIN LOVELY CONDITION ACE ! USD $25.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU - PARLOPHONE R 5055 USD $1.94 [0 bids]
LOVE by The Beatles (CD 2006, EMI Music Distribution) USD $8.00 Buy It Now 9h 10m
The Beatles ~ soldier of love ~ TB 1022 ~ Very Rare CBM Version ~ SEALED USD $199.00 Buy It Now 9h 15m
ORIGINAL 1965 - The Beatles Monthly Book No 19 FEBRUARY1965 LOVELY USD $19.49 Buy It Now 9h 19m
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU - PARLOPHONE R (I) 5055 IRISH RELEASE USD $65.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES / SHE LOVES YOU / SWAN 4152 / VG+ USD $38.99 Buy It Now 10h 13m
The Beatles : 3 CD's - Love + No 1's + Abbey Road USD $14.29 [0 bids]
The Beatles ?- She Loves You / I'll Get You UK 7" 1st Pressing 1963 USD $2.59 [0 bids]
The Beatles - 45 - "And I Love Her" / "If I Fell" - 1970s Canadian pressing -VG+ USD $12.83 [0 bids]
The Beatles ?- Love Songs PCSP 721 2 LP Gatefold 1977 USD $16.89 Buy It Now 10h 37m
7" Single - The Beatles - She Loves You - Parlophone R 5055 - 1963 USD $5.19 Buy It Now 10h 58m
THE BEATLES 7" single Japan AND I LOVE HER USD $28.00 Buy It Now 11h 5m
The Beatles Original Love Songs 2 LP Record Set 1977 Capital Stereo SKBL -11711 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 11h 6m
BEATLES She loves you French EP 7 Orange label SOE 3741 USD $34.99 Buy It Now 11h 13m
GEO DALY Can't buy my love French EP 7inch 60s Beatles Surf Orchestra Dance USD $12.99 Buy It Now 11h 23m
The Beatles - All You Need Is Love UK 1967 Parlophone 2nd Press 7" Single USD $23.39 Buy It Now 11h 37m
The Beatles "Love Me Do / P.S I Love You" 45 RPM W/Picture Sleeve USD $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 38m
The Beatles Real Love/Baby's In Black Cassette Capitol/Apple Sealed USD $7.99 Buy It Now 11h 38m
The Beatles - Love Me Do/ P.S. I Love You, Tollie T 9008, 1964 7" 45 rpm USD $40.00 Buy It Now 11h 57m
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love, Capitol 5150, 1964 7" 45 rpm USD $16.00 Buy It Now 11h 57m
MARCHING WITH THE BEATLES Band of the Irish Guard LP Stereo Lovely copy !! USD $7.80 Buy It Now 11h 58m
The Beatles - Love Songs(Gatefold cover Vinyl) USD $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Rare Beatles 8 track Lot Lennon McCartney Harrison Apple Love songs Ringo London USD $22.99 [0 bids]
12h
THE BEATLES / Baby You're A Rich Man - All You Need Is Love / Capitol - 45rpm USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 22m
45 7" THE BEATLES Love Me Do/P.S I Love You PICTURE DISC UK (RP 4949) NEAR MINT USD $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 46m
The Beatles Love - 26 Track CD get back walrus lady madonna etc USD $3.19 Buy It Now 12h 47m
7" Single - The Beatles - She Loves You - Parlophone R 5055 - 1963 USD $5.19 Buy It Now 12h 53m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 7" 45RPM w/ Pic Sleeve TOLLIE 9008 USD $39.95 Buy It Now 12h 54m
THE BEATLES She Loves You/I'll Get You 7" 45RPM *UK GB IMPORT* Parlophone R5055 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 12h 56m
THE BEATLES And i Love Her/If I Fell 7" 45RPM w/Pic Sleeve CAPITAL RECORDS 5235 USD $99.95 Buy It Now 12h 56m
THE BEATLES All You Need Is Love/Baby, You're A Rich Man 7" 45RPM CAPITAL 5964 USD $49.95 Buy It Now 12h 57m
THE BEATLES 1963 She Loves You Australia Rare Label 7" EP 45Rpm not Singapore USD $99.99 Buy It Now 13h
Beatles. Rock n Roll, Love Songs, Hollywood Bowl, Star Club in Hamburg 1962 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - All Our Loving - Cicadelic Records - 1986 - Vinyl USD $12.50 Buy It Now 13h 13m
GREEK Various ?Go.. Go.. Dancing No 3 Love Story McCARTNEY BEATLES RAREST EX! USD $29.99 [0 bids]
John Lennon (Beatles) Instant Karma! / Oh My Love Holland Import CD Single USD $21.24 Buy It Now 13h 40m
Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You / Love Me Do UK CD Single Limited Digipak USD $29.74 Buy It Now 13h 41m
The Beatles ?- She Loves You 7" Single Parlophone UK 1963 [EX] USD $3.25 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES NECK TIE DRIVE MY CAR 100% SILK APPLE CORPS LOVELY CONDITION USD $32.49 Buy It Now 13h 59m
THE BEATLES BABY LOVE VERSIONS SEALED CD NEW 2012 MUSIC FOR CHILDREN USD $2.97 Buy It Now 14h 28m
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - RARE RED LABEL 1982 REISSUE 7" SINGLE WITH PICTURE SL USD $10.39 [0 bids]
Mega Rare Music Makers Band 1977 Sings The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love 12" CLP3029 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 53m
The Beatles Real Love Display Vg USD $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 54m
The Beatles Love Songs John Lennon Rare Cover & Label Singapore Cassette CS346 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 14h 55m
George Harrison ( Beatles) Give Me Love 7" Vinyl Record *3-10 Singles Same Post USD $1.29 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 LOVE ME DO RED PARLOPHONE SINGLE USD $12.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU 1963 PARLOPHONE 45 7XCE 17395 USD $3.24 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Love (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $7.53 Buy It Now 15h 13m
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 1964 UK PARLOPHONE 7" R 5114 USD $3.24 [0 bids]
The Beatles Record - I'll Get You/ She Loves You USD $5.19 [0 bids]
Mega Rare The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love Singapore Cassette CS1182 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 28m
The Beatles All You Need Is Love/Baby Your're A Rich Man 45 Vinyl For Jukebox USD $22.99 [0 bids]
USD $34.99 Buy It Now
The Beatles All My Loving 4 track EP CD Single Card Sleeve USD $16.25 Buy It Now 15h 33m
The Beatles- Love Me Do Very Rare Usa 7" pressing Tollie Records Good cond USD $65.01 Buy It Now 15h 40m
Singapore Female Singer Sung Beatles Can't Buy Me Love In Cantonese CD FCS7110 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 47m
THE BEATLES " CAN'T BUY ME LOVE" 45 RPM Record Capitol Starline X-6279 !988 USD $21.95 Buy It Now 15h 51m
THE BEATLES ~ LOVE ME DO ~ 7" 45 SINGLE VINYL ~ JAPANESE ~ EAR 20221 USD $12.99 [0 bids]
16h
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU 7" INCH SINGLE / VINYL / RECORD / 45RPM EXCELLENT USD $5.19 Buy It Now 16h 5m
GEP 8924 THE BEATLES ALL MY LOVING VINYL 45 RECORD RE14 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 11m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(28%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.
Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.
Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Metal / Heavy / RPI / Symph Prog Team
4 stars This cd was a collaboration between Geroge Martin and his son Giles when they were asked to work for the Cirque du Soleil. They have created this soundscape using any sound from the original Beatles multi-track tapes. The used sound to combine some songs or use the sound of songs to go in other songs. The results are impressive especially in 5.1. It's about an hour and a half medley that can be listened like one song with not much pause between songs. The sound is all over the room and is a new experience to hear those songs that we all know for a long time. I could hear some heavy parts that I never heard on the old versions. This is a soundtrack for a film with a nice choice of songs, the more accessible ones and the more experimental ones from the latest albums of The Beatles. This cd could serve as a introduction to the band and in that case, you can be satisfied with the stereo cd, but if you want to hear the Beatles songs with new arrangements and in surround, you need the DVD-audio. This is more than a simple and easy compilation of the bands greatest hits, it's more than 2 years of hard rock with the collaboration of many people to brings this to the public.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 3, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 9, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"