LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE. (1964, FIRST PRESS,R 5114) + 60'S FREE SINGLE. USD $2.13 [0 bids]
29m 47s
LOVELY SOUND HTM cut The Beatles Rubber Soul UK Lp STEREO PCS 3075 USD $12.09 [0 bids]
42m 9s
BEATLES All You Need Is Love OR-1763 EP wb2143 USD $4.99 [1 bids]
Wings 45 Silly Love Songs / Cook Of The House ~ Capitol VG+ / VG to VG+ Beatles USD $3.50 Buy It Now 1h 14m
BEATLES.LOVE ME DO 20th ANNIVERSARY PICTURE DISC.1982 PARLOPHONE.UK.MINT USD $16.96 Buy It Now 1h 20m
BEATLES TIN WALL SIGN PICTURE 7in x 7" HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY HELP - OFFICIAL EMI USD $7.59 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Vtg Beatles Paul McCartney And Wings My Love The Mess 45 Album Sealed USD $38.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
EX 1964 MONO Lp album Peter and Gordon A World Without Love THE BEATLES SHRINK USD $29.95 Buy It Now 2h 16m
George Harrison This Song Learning How to Love You 45 Record Vinyl Beatles 7 In. USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That MONO Orange Capitol 45 RPM Vinyl USD $12.75 Buy It Now 2h 49m
The Beatles Love Interview EU Apple Promo-Only CD Mint! USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 Can't Buy Me Love CAPITOL USD $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 32m
The Beatles 45 Love Me Do TOLLIE USD $50.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
The Beatles LOVE CD USD $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 44m
The Beatles Love Songs CD! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 57m
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU ORIGINAL SWAN 1964 w/PICTURE SLEEVE USD $49.95 Buy It Now 4h
The Beatles "She Loves You/I'll Get You" SWAN #S-4152 45 R.P.M USD $6.98 Buy It Now 4h 6m
THE BEATLES SWAN 45 SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU 60S USD $18.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
The Beatles- Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 7" Picture Disc ~Mint~ USD $45.00 Buy It Now 5h
THE BEATLES Special Selection LOVE SONGS Japan CD JAKB-007 OBI Sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Rare Missprint The Beatles - She Loves You - I'll Get You - 1964 Swan 45 rpm USD $19.95 [0 bids]
JOHNNY YOUNG Self Titled OZ EP 1960's Mono ? All My Loving ? Beatles USD $11.76 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Real Love [Single] by The Beatles (Cassette, Mar-1996, Capitol) USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Thai EP 45 7" John Lennon my love Bread Bee Gees Mac Davis Beatles collectible USD $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU 45 7" JAPAN ORIGINAL ODEON OR-1058 RED WAX USD $69.99 Buy It Now 6h 31m
(( the BEATLES-'sHE lOVES yOU' swan-s-4152- 45 RECORD PIC/SLEEVE -VINYL-VG+ USD $42.50 Buy It Now 7h
BEATLES - 2 PICTURE SLEEVE 7'' - LOVE ME DO, REISSUE & STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER USD $23.56 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL MARCH 1966 - THE BEATLES MONTHLY BOOK No.32 LOVELY CONDITION 32 PAGES USD $19.76 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ~ ALL MY LOVING PICTURE SLEEVE ~ EP~ UK PRESS ~ PARLOPHONE GEP 8891 USD $49.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. LOVE YOU RED SHAPED VINYL RECORD USD $28.49 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Beatles Rare Original Paul McCartney Never Stop Doing What You Love Album 2005 USD $8.95 Buy It Now 8h 10m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO SINGLE RECORD AUSTRALIA 45 RPM USD $10.22 Buy It Now 8h 24m
THE BEATLES FURTHER REQUESTS EP RECORD AUSTRALIA 45 RPM SHE LOVES YOU USD $10.22 Buy It Now 8h 24m
THE BEATLES - LOVE - RADIO SPECIAL ( For UNBROKEN VERSION ) - PROMO PRESS SET USD $59.90 Buy It Now 8h 44m
THE BEATLES: PAST MASTERS VOL. 1 CD! SHE LOVES YOU ~ I WANNA HOLD TOUR HAND! NM USD $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 51m
The Beatles - LOVE (CD) - EXCELLENT - 24 HOUR POST!!! USD $13.67 Buy It Now 8h 56m
SANTO & JOHNNY - AND I LOVE HER (BEATLES COVER) - ANGELICA 45 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 9h 2m
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE EP 7" VINYL 45 ODEON ORIGINAL VERY RARE USD $45.00 Buy It Now 9h 5m
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You (TOLLIE) USD $9.95 Buy It Now 9h 37m
The Beatles - I'll Get You / She Loves You (SWAN) USD $12.95 Buy It Now 9h 40m
THE BEATLES POSTER "YELLOW SUBMARINE LOVE" LICENSED "BRAND NEW" LENNON McCARTNEY USD $9.40 Buy It Now 9h 59m
THE LOVE ME DO S-THE BEATLES MOST FAVOURITE SONGS-CD (2) MUS/ZYX NEW USD $23.99 Buy It Now 10h 24m
The Beatles - All My Loving Ep USD $7.61 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project LOVE SONGS 15 HITS PROG ROCK Beatles producer Eye in Sky USD $7.04 [0 bids]
USD $12.55 Buy It Now
BAJAGA-ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE/JAHACI MAGLE-BEATLES COVER-EX YUGO ROCK- USD $11.00 Buy It Now 11h 53m
The Beatles-All You Need Is Love-7" Vinyl Single-Framed Wall Clock-Gift Idea USD $38.01 Buy It Now 11h 57m
BEATLES MONO CD EP. ALL MY LOVING USD $6.07 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love CD+DVD Special Edition Japan USD $42.80 Buy It Now 12h 48m
THE BEATLES-Real Love-1996 import CD-EP Box Set USD $45.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - IN THE BEGINNING - 5 X 7" RED VINYL BOX SET / LOVE ME DO USD $15.19 Buy It Now 12h 57m
All You Need Is Love-Beatles CD USD $15.39 Buy It Now 12h 59m
Beatles - Love CD USD $26.59 Buy It Now 13h
Beatles - Love CD UMGD/CAPITOL USD $20.79 Buy It Now 13h
THE BEATLES / THIS BOY / ALL MY LOVING USD $39.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES The Beatles' Hits 7" EP UK Parlophone label GEP8880 Love Me Do +3 USD $21.29 Buy It Now 13h 58m
7"-Single THE BEATLES And I Love Her / Should Have Known Better (1964)GERMANY PS USD $29.99 Buy It Now 14h 20m
Beatles - 45 - I'll Get You & She Loves You - Swan USD $2.90 [4 bids]
Beatles - 45 - You Can't Do That & Can't Buy Me Love USD $2.54 [6 bids]
HOUSE OF LOVE. BEATLES & STONES. LTD.ED No'ed- 0092 EXC USD $10.63 Buy It Now 15h 11m
BEATLES "Love" POSTER USD $3.03 Buy It Now 15h 22m
BEATLES She Loves You 7" Year At Bottom Left Label Design B/w I'll Get You UK P USD $7.97 Buy It Now 15h 56m
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Pic Disc B/w P.s. I Love You UK Parlophone 1982 USD $12.76 Buy It Now 15h 56m
BEATLES A Hard Day's Night 7" B/w All My Loving SOUTH AFRICAN Parlophone 1964 USD $28.73 Buy It Now 15h 56m
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love 7" 4 Pronged Centre Sold In Uk Text Label Design B/w Y USD $11.16 Buy It Now 15h 56m
Love me do -Official T-shirt from The Beatles' store in Liverpool - size 16 USD $6.08 [0 bids]
BEATLES REAL LOVE VINYL 45 (2-PACK) USD $21.99 Buy It Now 16h 11m
THE BEATLES -SHE LOVES YOU/I'LL GET YOU-RARE VERSION-BEAUTIFUL NM COND-SWAN 45 USD $50.00 Buy It Now 16h 16m
HOUSE OF LOVE Beatles And The Stones 7" B/w Love Iv Pic Sleeve UK Fontana 1990 USD $7.97 Buy It Now 16h 28m
HOUSE OF LOVE Beatles And The Stones 7" Limited Edition Numbered Pull Out Flower USD $7.97 Buy It Now 16h 28m
HOUSE OF LOVE Beatles And The Stones 7" Remix B/w Love 4 Pic Sleeve GERMAN Font USD $7.97 Buy It Now 16h 28m
House of Love - Beatles & The Stones - UK 12" Limited USD $14.99 Buy It Now 16h 52m
House of Love - Beatles & The Stones - UK 12" Numbered USD $14.99 Buy It Now 16h 52m
BEATLES All My Loving +3 RARE Sweden EP stunning sleeve swedish GEP 8891 LISTEN! USD $27.00 [4 bids]
BOBBY RYDELL r+r 45 A WORLD WITHOUT A LOVE Beatles tune / OUR FADED LOVE ~ VG+ USD $6.00 Buy It Now 17h 28m
CHRIS HODGE 45 GOODBYE SWEET LORRAINE/CONTACT LOVE JACKSONVILL PRESSING BEATLES USD $5.00 Buy It Now 17h 30m
The Beatles - Love (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $48.66 Buy It Now 17h 58m
The Beatles: Official Apple Corps Love Me Do Knee High Socks - New With Tag USD $12.17 Buy It Now 18h 25m
The Beatles 45/PICTURE SLEEVE She Loves You SWAN USD $100.00 Buy It Now 18h 29m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 12R4949 USD $13.67 [0 bids]
Beatles"Love Songs"Rare British Invasion Gatefold 2 LP Capitol Skbl-11711 w/book USD $14.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles "Love Songs" double Lp w/ booklet & original sleeves vinyl record VG USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES All My Loving EP 7" Vinyl 45 Parlophone 1963 UK Mono Version +++++++ USD $60.00 Buy It Now 19h 23m
I Still Love The Beatles Metal Key Ring 100% Official Merchandise Gift Idea NEW USD $9.05 Buy It Now 19h 36m
45 rpm THE BEATLES She Loves You/I'll Get You SWAN USD $7.13 Buy It Now 19h 39m
The Beatles Red Yellow Love Drum Metal Key Ring 100% Official Merchandise NEW USD $9.05 Buy It Now 19h 39m
The Beatles Second Album LP Vinyl Original Rainbow Mono T 2080 She Loves You NG USD $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 4m
BEATLES 1ST EDITIONS ANTHOLOGIES, BBC, LOVE, #1 HITS, NAKED, SUBMARINE RARE SET USD $679.99 Buy It Now 20h 5m
The Beatles Picture Disc - Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You USD $24.95 Buy It Now 20h 5m
The Beatles Love Songs 2 vinyl LP plus booklet gatefold cover Capitol/EMI USD $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 7m
7" Single 45 - GEORGE HARRISON ( Beatles ) - GIVE ME LOVE - APPLE - 73 - Brazil USD $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 20m
LOVE by Cirque du Soleil/The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, Capitol/Apple) USD $1.00 [1 bids]
House Of Love - Beatles And The Stones Fontana 1990 7" Poster Sleeve USD $15.19 Buy It Now 20h 37m
Beatles CD "LOVE ME DO" Parlophone ORIGINAL Recording - 3 Tracks USD $37.00 Buy It Now 20h 37m
Beatles Love Me Do. Original 1962 red label 7inch 45 Beautiful copy..EX/N MINT USD $76.05 [12 bids]
BEATLES Love DOUBLE LP 26 Track Double Album Repress In Gatefold Sleeve With Boo USD $56.57 Buy It Now 21h
BEATLES: Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 (Sweden, PS-only no 45 disc, USD $75.00 Buy It Now 21h 33m
THE BEATLES All You Need Is Love UK 2nd PARLOPHONE 45 7" USD $27.38 Buy It Now 21h 47m
THE BEATLES She Loves You 1st UK PARLOPHONE RARE MKT Tax Code 45 EX 7" USD $83.66 Buy It Now 21h 47m
THE HOUSE OF LOVE Beatles and the Stones Limited Edition + poster 45 USD $3.03 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love 4 Track Sampler. compact disc from 2006. USD $15.19 [0 bids]
LP please please me
LP revolver
LP rubber soul
~ USD $21.78
LP sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band
~ USD $21.78
LP the beatles (white album)
~ USD $27.23
LP with the beatles
LP yellow submarine
~ USD $18.30

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(28%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.

Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"