LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

she loves you / i'll get you 45 rpm singleshe loves you / i'll get you 45 rpm single
SWAN
Vinyl$499.99
THE BEATLES POSTER "YELLOW SUBMARINE LOVE" LICENSED "BRAND NEW" LENNON McCARTNEY USD $9.35 Buy It Now 1h 28m
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You (TOLLIE) USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 48m
The Beatles - I'll Get You / She Loves You (SWAN) USD $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 52m
BAJAGA-ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE/JAHACI MAGLE-BEATLES COVER-EX YUGO ROCK- USD $11.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do UK pink heart shaped vinyl 7" NEW/UNPLAYED USD $16.93 Buy It Now 4h 7m
The Beatles-All You Need Is Love-7" Vinyl Single-Framed Wall Clock-Gift Idea USD $38.50 Buy It Now 4h 8m
The Beatles Love CD+DVD Special Edition Japan USD $42.80 Buy It Now 5h
All You Need Is Love-Beatles CD USD $15.39 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Beatles - Love CD USD $26.59 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Beatles - Love CD UMGD/CAPITOL USD $20.79 Buy It Now 5h 12m
THE BEATLES The Beatles' Hits 7" EP UK Parlophone label GEP8880 Love Me Do +3 USD $21.57 Buy It Now 6h 9m
7"-Single THE BEATLES And I Love Her / Should Have Known Better (1964)GERMANY PS USD $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
THE BEATLES LOVE NEW REMASTERED 180G DOUBLE VINYL LP IN STOCK USD $43.14 Buy It Now 7h 10m
HOUSE OF LOVE. BEATLES & STONES. LTD.ED No'ed- 0092 EXC USD $10.77 Buy It Now 7h 22m
BEATLES "Love" POSTER USD $3.07 Buy It Now 7h 33m
The Beatles - Love Me Do 7" Picture disc UK 1982 EX+ Rock / Pop USD $18.49 Buy It Now 8h 14m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 U.K 45 ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE -1 -2 NEAR MINT USD $77.02 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Cirque du Soleil/The Beatles Love (CD, Nov-2006, Capitol/Apple) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 29m
BEATLES LOVE ME DO TOLLIE-9008 PROMOTIONAL VG+ USD $190.00 [0 bids]
House of Love - Beatles & The Stones - UK 12" Limited USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 4m
House of Love - Beatles & The Stones - UK 12" Numbered USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 4m
beatles Love Me Do / PS I Love You USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles - Love - Deleted 2007 double vinyl LP + booklet USD $38.50 Buy It Now 9h 19m
BOBBY RYDELL r+r 45 A WORLD WITHOUT A LOVE Beatles tune / OUR FADED LOVE ~ VG+ USD $6.00 Buy It Now 9h 40m
CHRIS HODGE 45 GOODBYE SWEET LORRAINE/CONTACT LOVE JACKSONVILL PRESSING BEATLES USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 41m
The Beatles 1964 Swan 45rpm & plain white Sleeve She Loves You b/w I'll Get You USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.50 Buy It Now
CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / THERE'S A PLACE BEATLES GREEN VINYL MINT UNPLAYED 1994 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 10h 11m
The Beatles: Official Apple Corps Love Me Do Knee High Socks - New With Tag USD $12.33 Buy It Now 10h 36m
The Beatles progress, love me do book USD $4.62 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 10h 50m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 50m
THE BEATLES All You Need Is Love / Baby You're A Rich Man rare pink vinyl 45 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That rare green vinyl 45 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 7" USD $14.62 Buy It Now 10h 59m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 on Orange CAPITOL label USD $15.99 Buy It Now 11h
Introducing the Beatles LP w/ Oval Label and Love Me Do USD $48.00 [16 bids]
I Still Love The Beatles Metal Key Ring 100% Official Merchandise Gift Idea NEW USD $9.17 Buy It Now 11h 48m
45 rpm THE BEATLES She Loves You/I'll Get You SWAN USD $7.61 Buy It Now 11h 50m
The Beatles Red Yellow Love Drum Metal Key Ring 100% Official Merchandise NEW USD $9.17 Buy It Now 11h 50m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 50m
BEATLES love me do RARE EDITION CASSETTE USD $19.00 Buy It Now 11h 52m
VINTAGE BEATLE "SHE LOVES YOU" AND "I'LL GET YOU" 45 RPM ON THE SWAN LABEL USD $7.99 Buy It Now 11h 55m
THE BEATLES All My Loving/If I Fell RARE GREEK-ONLY 7'' SINGLE 45 rpm USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES And I Love Her / If I Fell rare 45 on APPLE label USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 9m
LOVE by Cirque du Soleil/The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, Capitol/Apple) USD $14.88 Buy It Now 12h 13m
BEATLES 1ST EDITIONS ANTHOLOGIES, BBC, LOVE, #1 HITS, NAKED, SUBMARINE RARE SET USD $679.99 Buy It Now 12h 17m
The Beatles Picture Disc - Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You USD $24.95 Buy It Now 12h 17m
The Beatles Love Songs 2 vinyl LP plus booklet gatefold cover Capitol/EMI USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 18m
7" Single 45 - GEORGE HARRISON ( Beatles ) - GIVE ME LOVE - APPLE - 73 - Brazil USD $12.99 Buy It Now 12h 32m
Beatles CD "LOVE ME DO" Parlophone ORIGINAL Recording - 3 Tracks USD $26.13 Buy It Now 12h 49m
THE BEATLES All You Need Is Love rare original with 45 PicSleeve from 1967 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 13h 8m
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / MAXWELL'S SILVER HAMMER // LADY MADONNA RARE EP VG USD $5.00 [1 bids]
BEATLES LOVE SONGS BALKANTON WHITE COVER ORANGE LABELS MINT 2LP USD $13.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES RARE RUSSIAN EP CAN'T BUY ME LOVE MAXWELL'S SILVER HAMMER FLEXIE USD $9.00 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES All You Need Is Love UK 2nd PARLOPHONE 45 7" USD $27.73 Buy It Now 13h 58m
THE BEATLES She Loves You 1st UK PARLOPHONE RARE MKT Tax Code 45 EX 7" USD $84.74 Buy It Now 13h 58m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1st UK PARLOPHONE 45 EX 7" USD $27.73 Buy It Now 13h 59m
Beatles Love Songs 2 LP set Rare Gold Vinyl Pressing USD $199.99 [0 bids]
14h
The Beatles PS I Love You & Love Me Do Scarce Tollie Release USD $12.00 Buy It Now 14h 18m
The Beatles RP4949 "Love Me Do" & "P.S. I Love You" 45 RPM Single Picture Disc USD $20.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles RP5114 Anniversary Picture Disc 45RPM "Can't Buy Me Love" USD $20.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles RP5620 Anniversay Picture Disc 45RPM "All You Need Is Love" USD $25.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles RP5055 Picture Disc 45RPM "She Loves You" & "I'll Get You" USD $25.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $8.00 Buy It Now
Beatles - She Loves You 7" Pop Single 45rpm USD $7.70 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES=UK=MINT=ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE=PINK VINYL=45=FOR JUKEBOX ONLY=BEAT= 7" USD $11.56 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES=UK=MINT=SHE LOVES YOU=RUBY RED VINYL=45=FOR JUKEBOX ONLY=BEAT= 7" USD $10.00 [2 bids]
BEATLES IF I FELL/AND I LOVE HER DUTCH PARLOPHONE PRESS HHR 130 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 2m
The Beatles- Love of the Loved 45 7" Picture Sleeve ~PINK VINYL~ PROMO USD $49.50 Buy It Now 15h 24m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL SHEET MUSIC 1967 WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS LOVELY USD $30.80 Buy It Now 15h 25m
THE BEATLES "LOVE SONGS" DOUBLE VINYL ALBUM PCSP 721 USD $15.64 Buy It Now 15h 26m
THE BEATLES She Loves You 1988 US 2-trk 3" CD I'll Get USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE MONO 45 MINT USD $20.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Twist And Shout b/w Falling In Love Again UK 7" 1977 ex+ USD $38.52 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES EP Spain 1963 She loves you +3 USD $16.37 [3 bids]
The Beatles / Love Me Do / PS I Love You / 1964 Press / Play Tested /EX/NM USD $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 22m
Collectable The Beatles Paul McCartney With Glove/Love Figure Yellow Submarine USD $46.21 [0 bids]
BEATLES "BOOKLET" Love Songs EAS-50007 John Lennon Paul McCartney OBI 2LP AP7171 USD $2.25 [3 bids]
BEATLES "NM WAX / BOOKLET" Love Songs EAS-50007 JOHN LENNON OBI 2LP AR7234 USD $11.00 [5 bids]
LOVE by Cirque du Soleil/The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, Capitol/Apple) USD $0.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES "BOOKLET" Love Songs EAS-50007 JOHN LENNON 2LP AR0421 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES "BOOKLET" Love Songs SKBL-11711 2LP AP7172 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES "BOOKLET" Love Songs EAS-50007 JOHN LENNON 2LP AN2509 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES REVOLVER LP YELLOW & BLACK LABEL FROM 1966 DR ROBERT LOVELY AUDIO USD $50.83 [0 bids]
Beatles She Loves You / I'll Get You Swan Records S 4152 Vinyl 45 rpm No Jacket USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You Tollie Version 3 - 45 RPM Vinyl USD $49.75 Buy It Now 17h 16m
5 BEATLES EARLY PARLOPHONE STRIPED INNER SLEEVE ORIGINAL UK FOR LOVE ME DO ETC USD $15.39 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL JUNE 1964 -THE BEATLES MONTHLY BOOK No.11 MAGAZINE LOVELY CONDITION USD $23.10 Buy It Now 17h 18m
SILVER BEATLES like Dreamers do + Love of the loved 7" 45 Nmint USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Beatles- Can't Buy Me Love, Capitol 5150, Vinyl 45 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 17h 23m
Beatles - Love Me Do 7" Picture Disc USD $25.00 Buy It Now 18h 11m
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label Black Lettering USD $46.23 Buy It Now 18h 57m
BEATLES Jukebox Green Vinyl Can't buy me love You can't do that USD $16.99 Buy It Now 19h 2m
The Beatles Real Love with Baby's In Black and Yellow Submarine CD Single USD $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES CORGI DIE CAST MODEL NEWSPAPER TAXI & LOVELY RITA METER MAID FIGURE USD $27.72 [0 bids]
45 RPM - THE BEATLES , CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - RECORD & SLEEVE MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN USD $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 10m
1977 - THE BEATLES - LOVE SONGS - Vinyl Album LP - SKBL-11711 EMI LIMITED ED USD $25.00 [0 bids]
3 x BEATLES 7'' VINYL, Help, She Loves You, Ticket To Ride, Excellent, BARGAIN USD $53.92 Buy It Now 20h 22m
Beatles - 1995 Apple Records release - Real love (M-) USD $8.00 [1 bids]
Beatles 1962-1966 Musicland Evatone 33 1/3 Soundsheet - All my loving (M-) USD $8.00 [1 bids]
LP a hard day's night
LP please please me
LP revolver
LP rubber soul
~ USD $22.37
LP sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band
~ USD $22.37
LP the beatles (white album)
~ USD $27.97
LP with the beatles
LP yellow submarine
~ USD $18.80

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(28%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#104589) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Send comments to 1800iareyay (BETA) | Report this review (#106331) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#106741) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#113403) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 24, 2007

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#372532) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#791487) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 20, 2012

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"