LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

The Beatles: She Loves YouThe Beatles: She Loves You
Multiple Formats
Video Music, Inc. 2006
DVD$3.19
The Beatles Story: LOVE BALLADES Japan 20 TRACKS CD AC-0021 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 45m 49s
NEW PAUL McCARTNEY SINGLE 45 "SILLY LOVE SONGS" & "COOK OF THE HOUSE" BEATLES USD $21.76 Buy It Now 1h 16m
GEORGE HARRISON: NEW OLD STOCK "THIS SONG" & "LEARNING HOW TO LOVE YOU" BEATLES USD $22.76 Buy It Now 1h 16m
NEW PAUL McCARTNEY 45 "LISTEN TO WHAT THE MAN SAID" & "LOVE IN SONG" BEATLES USD $23.76 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BRAND NEW PAUL McCARTNEY SINGLE (45 RPM) "MY LOVE" & "THE MESS" BEATLES WINGS USD $21.76 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Beatles - Baby You're a Rich Man b/w All You Need Is Love US 45 PS Free Shipping USD $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
CHECKMATES LTD LOVE IS ALL WE HAVE TO GIVE PHIL SPECTOR BEATLES SHRINK PRISTINE! USD $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Paul McCartney Twin Freaks 12" Etched Single-Really Love You / Lalula - Beatles USD $29.00 [0 bids]
USD $44.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles ?- Bye Bye Love ?LP Album Vinyl Record USD $11.29 [4 bids]
The Beatles love songs 1977 vinal record USD $20.00 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Early BEATLES 45 rpm Single TOLLIE Love Me Do 9008 P.S. I Love You Pen on Labels USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Beatles Love Me Do 7" vinyl picture disc single UK RP4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $35.96 Buy It Now 5h 9m
THE BEATLES 7" RARE GREEK SHE LOVES YOU - HARD DAYS NIGHT PARLOPHONE 56 PS USD $9.00 Buy It Now 5h 20m
THE BEATLES 7" RARE GREEK LOVE ME DO-TWIST AND SHOUT PARLOPHONE PS 44 USD $9.00 Buy It Now 5h 33m
THE BEATLES she loves you / i'll get you 7" VG S-4152 Swan 1964 Mono USA USD $18.75 Buy It Now 6h 49m
ORIGINAL MAY 1967 - The Beatles Monthly Book No 46 Lovely CONDITION USD $25.06 Buy It Now 8h 21m
Sounds Sensational - The Beatles Love In The Open Air RARE 1967 PROMO LTD 7" USD $203.69 Buy It Now 8h 39m
The Beatles - Art Lyrics 'All You Need is Love' scroll art print by Frett. USD $9.39 Buy It Now 8h 42m
THE BEATLES LOVE 2lp sealed copy. USD $16.11 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 1992 3 TRACK UK CD SINGLE 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION USD $1.55 [1 bids]
BEATLES YELLOW SUBMARINE PROMO PRESS FOLDER LOVELY ITEM NICE COLLECTIBLE USD $313.39 Buy It Now 10h
Mary Hopkin With Love Asian EP Very Rare Beatles Apple EX USD $7.88 [0 bids]
The Beatles ?- She Loves You 7" Vinyl USD $4.69 [0 bids]
BONNIE JO MASON Cher's 1st Record "Ringo I Love You" Phil Spector Beatles EX+ USD $499.99 Buy It Now 10h 34m
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 1ST PRESSING 1964 USD $6.27 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES.CAN'T BUY ME LOVE.PARLOPHONE.7" VINYL SINGLE.45RPM USD $2.35 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU TWIST & SHOUT LTD 7" PICTURE DISC 1000 COPIES ONLY USD $17.22 Buy It Now 11h 26m
BEATLES - Can't Buy Me Love - Excellent Condition 7" Single Parlophone R 5114 USD $12.50 Buy It Now 11h 58m
BEATLES / ALL MY LOVING C.W. LOVE ME DO ** 7" JAPAN ** AR-1094 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 13m
THE BEATLES cassette tape album LOVE SONGS USD $14.02 Buy It Now 12h 44m
THE BEATLES cassette tape album THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS part 2 USD $13.98 Buy It Now 12h 44m
THE BEATLES cassette tape album LOVE SONGS vol 2 USD $14.09 Buy It Now 12h 44m
The Beatles Story 1962-3 - P.s. We Love You By Tony Barrow - 1982 USD $4.70 [0 bids]
LOVE by Cirque du Soleil/The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, Capitol/Apple) USD $2.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES.ALL MY LOVING.ORIG UK EP "SLEEVE ONLY".VG. USD $4.31 Buy It Now 13h 22m
The Beatles -Impressive Lyric booklet Collectable Item -Songs Inc She Loves You! USD $10.95 Buy It Now 13h 43m
BEATLES Hide Your Love Away TOP QUALITY CD FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIP USD $78.27 Buy It Now 13h 44m
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love GALLERY QUALITY CD FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIP USD $78.27 Buy It Now 13h 44m
BEATLES All You Need Is Love TOP QUALITY CD FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIP USD $78.27 Buy It Now 13h 46m
THE BEATLES love songs PCSP 721 1/1/2/1 early 2 box uk DOUBLE LP PS EX/VG USD $23.60 Buy It Now 13h 49m
THE HOUSE OF LOVE BEATLES AND THE STONES LIMITED EDITION NUMBERED CD SINGLE USD $4.69 Buy It Now 15h
THE BEATLES LOVE JAPAN CD+DVD OBI SEALED T1497 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1963 SHE LOVES YOU DECCA PRESSING NEAR MINT USD $78.33 Buy It Now 15h 22m
SWAN RECORD THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU DON'T DROP OUT S-4152-S N/M USD $9.99 [0 bids]
CD + DVD SET THE BEATLES LOVE SPECIAL EDITION SEALED NEW USD $29.00 Buy It Now 16h
Mcfarlane The Beatles Yellow Submarine - Paul with Glove & Love Base - BNIB USD $34.47 Buy It Now 16h 10m
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label Black Print - NICE! USD $46.61 Buy It Now 16h 12m
Paul McCartney / Twin Freaks 'Really Love You' Rare 2 Track Promo CD / Beatles USD $125.28 Buy It Now 16h 29m
Moran Epic Promo 45 Record #10987 VG+ The Beatles' Thing / Lady Loves Me USD $50.00 Buy It Now 16h 50m
The Beatles - Love Is All You Need Typography Lyric Art Poster Print A4 A3 6x4 USD $6.25 Buy It Now 17h 13m
The Beatles - Love Is All You Need Typography Lyric Art Poster Print A4 A3 6x4 USD $12.52 Buy It Now 17h 13m
The Beatles - Love Is All You Need Typography Lyric Art Poster Print A4 A3 6x4 USD $3.92 Buy It Now 17h 13m
THE BEATLES 7" / 45 SHE LOVES YOU VINYL RECORD LOTS MORE BEATLES USD $12.52 Buy It Now 17h 18m
The Beatles Love Songs USD $14.99 [1 bids]
MORAN: The Beatles' Thing / Lady Loves Me 45 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $25.00 Buy It Now 18h
DISC AND MUSIC ECHO - MARCH 6 1971 - STONES,BEATLES,LENNON,YES,LOVE AFFAIR,ELVIS USD $3.92 [0 bids]
BEATLES-CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT-UK RELEASE -PARLOPHONE R 5114- USD $6.00 Buy It Now 18h 19m
BEATLES: All You Need Is Love / Baby You're A Rich Man 45 (PS east coast, strai USD $35.00 Buy It Now 18h 36m
THE BEATLES ALL MY LOVING RARE ISRAEL ISRAELI PS 7" 45 EP ORIG 1ST Yellow Parlop USD $35.00 Buy It Now 19h 17m
THE BEATLES love me do / p. s. i love you 7" VG+ Capitol 72076 Canadian 1963 1st USD $5.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles "All My Loving", Odeon #EAS-30016, 7" Red Vinyl, 33RPM, EP, NM USD $32.40 Buy It Now 19h 28m
THE BEATLES GENUINE ORIGINAL APRIL 1964 MONTHLY BOOK No 9 LOVELY CONDITION USD $28.19 Buy It Now 19h 40m
THE BEATLES AT CARNEGIE HALL 1964 - LOVELY CONDITION UNITED PRESS OVER 60 PICS USD $34.46 Buy It Now 20h 31m
ORIGINAL BEATLES 45 "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE" PIC SLEEVE AND VINYL CAPITOL 5964 USD $7.50 [0 bids]
USD $45.00 Buy It Now
1982 The "Beatles" "Love me do" 12" record USD $20.00 Buy It Now 20h 41m
Beatles 45RPM & Picture Sleeve Apple 58544 Real Love 1996 N/Mint USD $24.98 Buy It Now 20h 42m
THE BEATLES 45rpm & Picture Slv Capitol 5964 All You need is Love 1967 Ex USD $29.98 Buy It Now 20h 42m
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That UK 1984 7" picture disc edition BEAT USD $28.00 Buy It Now 20h 45m
BEATLES Love Me Do UK 1982 7" picture disc edition BEAT USD $15.00 Buy It Now 20h 45m
PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS Let 'em In/Beware My Love FRANCE picture sleeve. Beatles USD $28.00 Buy It Now 20h 46m
BEATLES "BOOKLET" Love Songs EAS-50007 OBI 2LP AX4290 USD $11.00 [4 bids]
BEATLES Love Songs EAS-50007 2LP AU8481 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
21h
THE BEATLES - LOVE-CD USD $0.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES ANOTHER CHRISTMAS RECORD OFFICIAL FAN CLUB 1964 LOVELY PLAY BACK USD $51.69 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love songs UK DOUBLE VINYL LP PCSP7211 YEX971-1 USD $31.32 Buy It Now 21h 27m
BEATLES: She Loves You / I'll Get You 45 (UK, 20th anniversary picture disc rei USD $45.00 Buy It Now 21h 35m
45 RPM Beatles Love Me Do Tollie Records T-9008 VG+ USD $45.00 Buy It Now 21h 52m
THE BEATLES "LOVE" INTERVIEW DISC WITH CUE SHEET 2006 UNPLAYED PROMO CD USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES: Love Songs LP (Canada 2 LPs gold vinyl discs, textured gatefold cover USD $75.00 Buy It Now 22h 10m
The Beatles CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT 7" 45 Single Vinyl Record * USD $0.99 [0 bids]
WINGS BEATLES - SILLY LOVE SONGS - GERMANY 45 SINGLE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 20m
GEORGE HARRISON: Maya Love / This Guitar BRAZIL IMPORT 45 clean VG+ apple BEATLE USD $10.00 Buy It Now 22h 33m
Beatles And i Love Her (Mono) / If i Fell (Mono) Star Line - 45 RPM VInyl USD $9.75 Buy It Now 22h 49m
BEATLES CASSETTE LOT: Help!, Love Songs, Live BBC, Anthology, Rarities ~ Clean ~ USD $20.00 Buy It Now 23h 14m
THE BEATLES she loves you / i'll get you 7" VG+ S-4152 Swan 1964 Mono USA USD $30.00 Buy It Now 23h 15m
Beatles All You Need Is Love ORIGINAL Parlophone Dutch/Holland issue 7" Single USD $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 15m
The beatles love songs "VERY RARE" Canadian Press Gold yellow vinyl USD $150.00 Buy It Now 23h 18m
Love Letters to the Beatles USD $25.00 Buy It Now 23h 29m
FACTORY SEALED All You Need Is Love CD EP U2 Dave Matthews Band Beatles USD $4.99 Buy It Now 23h 53m
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 7" 45 EP MEXICAN -1972- EPEM-10034 USD $46.40 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE SONGS ,2-lp GATEFOLD album, VG+ USD $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "Love Me Do" "P.S. I Love You" Tollie 9008 USD $12.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES EP All My Loving, Ask Me Why, P.S. I Love You, Money NEW 7" 45 vinyl rec USD $39.38 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles, cassette single, 'Real Love", BRAND NEW, SEALED, Paul McCartney USD $3.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 record She Loves You Swan S-4152 USD $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES! / SGT. PEPPER on Capitol "Rainbow" Label SMAS-2653 / LOVELY RITA.... USD $32.25 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES First Single LP SEALED Love Me Do P.S. I Love You USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU/I'LL GET YOU SWAN RECORDS S-4152 45 RPM RECORD USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES JAPAN 3 INCH CD X 23 LOVE ME DO FROM ME TO YOU SHE LOVES YOU I FEEL FINE USD $1,999.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES NECK TIE BAND PLAYING MADE BY RUDIA LOVELY CONDITION FAB ! USD $39.16 [0 bids]
LP a hard day's night
LP please please me
LP revolver
LP rubber soul
~ USD $21.78
LP sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band
~ USD $21.78
LP the beatles (white album)
~ USD $27.23
LP with the beatles
LP yellow submarine
~ USD $18.30

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(28%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.

Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"