LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$18.60
Beatles,Can't Buy Me Love,(R 5114),b/w You Can't Do That,Company Sleeve,7" USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Beatles,She Loves You,(R 5055),b/w I'll Get You,Company Sleeve,7" USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
BEATLES RARE LARGE 1967 ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE POSTER USD $5.26 [1 bids]
Beatles -45- She Loves You & I'll Get You - Canada USD $20.50 [7 bids]
Beatles,Can't Buy Me Love,(R 5114),b/w You Can't Do That,7" USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue 2nd State)Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do-Ex/VG USD $25.53 Buy It Now 1h 42m
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)She Loves You / I'll Get It-UK-Ex/Ex USD $15.01 Buy It Now 1h 42m
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Can't Buy Me Love / You Can Do That-UK-Ex/Ex- USD $15.01 Buy It Now 1h 42m
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)She Loves You / I'll Get You-UK-Ex/Ex USD $18.02 Buy It Now 1h 42m
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That-UK-Ex/Ex+ USD $21.02 Buy It Now 1h 42m
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That-UK-Ex/Ex USD $21.02 Buy It Now 1h 42m
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)She Loves You / I'll Get You-UK-Ex/VG+ USD $12.01 Buy It Now 1h 42m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1982 LIVERPOOL FLYER FOR 20TH ANNIVERSARY LOVE ME DO USD $75.11 Buy It Now 2h 10m
The Beatles - Love (CD) 26 Tracks - Nr Mint - Fast Postage USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
THE BEATLES: Love Me Do - CD Single USD $7.50 Buy It Now 2h 21m
PAUL McCARTNEY WINGS BEATLES 45 LISTEN TO WHAT THE MAN SAID/LOVE IN SONG USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 18m
PAUL McCARTNEY WINGS 45 LET 'EM IN/BEWARE MY LOVE BEATLES USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Beatles - 'Love Me Do 2' A4 (12"x8") original print by Frett Campbell USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 46m
4 BEATLES RECORDS - HEY JUDE-HELLO GOODBYE-LADY MADONNA-AND I LOVE HER USD $19.99 [0 bids]
45 RECORD THE BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU LENNON/McCARTNEY...SWAN RECORDS..GOOD COND USD $9.95 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
BEATLES - 8-Trk, Album/STEREO 8 Love Songs Vol. 2 MINT-SEALED italian USD $34.99 [0 bids]
45 Rpm Beatles Cant Buy Me Love/ You Cant Do That USD $20.00 [0 bids]
USD $35.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES ORIG 1963 USA SWAN 45 SHE LOVES YOU RECO ART PHILIA USD $30.04 Buy It Now 4h 22m
THE BEATLES ORIG 1964 USA SWAN 45 SHE LOVES YOU DONT DROP OUT RECO-ART - PHILA USD $30.04 Buy It Now 4h 22m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Red Apple-Shaped IMPORT 500 NEW USD $25.99 Buy It Now 4h 28m
BEATLES: LOVE SONGS DOUBLE VINYL LP CAPITOL SKBL 11711 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do P.S. I Love You White Star-Shaped IMPORT NEW USD $23.99 Buy It Now 4h 46m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Blue Star-Shaped IMPORT NEW USD $23.99 Buy It Now 4h 49m
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - 7" VINYL - 1st PRESSING WITH LABEL VARIATION. USD $7.51 [0 bids]
BEATLES 'LOVE SONGS' D'BLE ALBUM, MINT, UNPLAYED, PLUS' NOT FOR SALE' STICKER USD $67.61 Buy It Now 5h 6m
beatles cant buy me love 7in single USD $3.01 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Songs Capitol SKBL 11711 2- Vinyl LPs 1977 N/Mint USD $23.98 Buy It Now 5h 12m
the beatles she loves you 7in single USD $3.01 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Songs On Capitol Gatefold SKBL 11711 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 30m
BEATLES "SHE LOVES YOU / I'LL GET YOU" 1964 SWAN WHITE LABEL/BLUE PRINT S-4152 S USD $500.00 Buy It Now 5h 46m
The Beatles - "She Loves You" 1st pressing. 1963 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "Cant Buy Me Love" EMI + ORIOLE pressings /1st press x 2. EX cond. USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Rock 45--THE BEATLES-SWAN (DON'T DROP OUT)-"SHE LOVES YOU" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
=The Beatles thank you lucky stars LV 123 two disc picture set love me do USD $67.00 [9 bids]
RARE ~ RED VINYL PROMO ONLY ~ THE BEATLES Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand + LOVES YOU ! USD $27.00 [6 bids]
The Beatles 45 US John Lennon Every Man Has A Woman Who Loves Him DJ Promo USD $20.00 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Beatles She Loves You Original US Swan 7" USD $7.50 Buy It Now 6h 16m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That UK 7" in company sleeve EX USD $30.04 Buy It Now 6h 24m
Beatles Love Me do US Tollie Records 7" USD $7.50 Buy It Now 6h 26m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love NM- CANADA CAPITOL Reissue 1983 RAINBOW 45 Vinyl USD $16.12 [0 bids]
BEATLES ALL MY LOVING APPLE AP-4571 Japanese Pressing Vinyl 7 USD $4.25 [4 bids]
1963 THE BEATLES SWAN RECORDS SHE LOVES YOU & I'LL GET YOU 2 DIFFERENT LABELS USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 37m
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE 12" PICTURE SLEEVE EX USD $30.04 Buy It Now 6h 50m
The Beatles 'Love' Promotional Interview Disc CD 2006 USD $7.50 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES: LOVE SONGS, ,2-12"LPS, 33RPM,CAPITOL, 1977, COLLECTIBLE, EXCELLENT USD $29.99 [0 bids]
7h
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 45 PS I LOVE YOU Parlophone 1992 EXCELLENT/EXCELLENT UK USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7h
BEATLES - LOVE ME DO ULTRA RARE GREEK 45 + PS SLEEVE EX+++ RECORD EX++ LOOK !! USD $69.99 [0 bids]
7h
BEATLES She Loves You FINNISH Red Parlophone Single UK 1960¨s USD $25.00 [0 bids]
THE CAREFREES HOT BLOODED LOVER/WE LOVE YOU BEATLES ORIOLE CB-1916 1964 VG £3 USD $4.49 [1 bids]
The Beatles - LOVE CD + DVD Digipack Issue (2006) USD $4.49 [1 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do/PS I Love You Capitol Records Jukebox Only Black Vinyl 45 USD $20.00 [1 bids]
BEATLES All My Loving FINNISH Red Parlophone Single MISPRINT Great USD $25.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love FINNISH Red Parlophone Single 1st PRESS MISPRINT USD $25.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love FINNISH Red Parlophone Single CORRECTED CREDITS USD $25.00 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES RARE FINNISH 7" VINYL SINGLE PARLOPHONE DPY 672 AND I LOVE HER USD $39.99 [0 bids]
Love [VINYL] The Beatles Vinyl USD $56.12 Buy It Now 7h 27m
BEATLES CANT BUY ME LOVE PARLOPHONE YEAR 1964 1N / 1N USD $7.50 [0 bids]
45 EP THE BEATLES FURTHER REQUESTS, PARLOPHONE GEPO-70015, SHE LOVES YOU, BUY ME USD $37.05 Buy It Now 7h 38m
THE BEATLES, ALL MY LOVING, E.P.,1963, 4 TRACKS, EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $22.52 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES " CAN'T BUY ME LOVE " EX USD $7.50 [0 bids]
BEATLES - ALL MY LOVING (ORIGINAL 1963 UK 1ST PRESS 4 TRACK 7" EP) USD $9.00 [1 bids]
Collectable The Beatles Paul McCartney With Glove/Love Figure Yellow Submarine USD $45.06 [0 bids]
THE TRENDS (BEATLES) all my loving UK 1964 ORIG PICCADILLY 45 MINT! USD $112.69 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Peter and Gordon True love ways NORWAY mega RARE beatles USD $79.00 [0 bids]
USD $149.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES All You Need Is Love / Baby You're A Rich Man 1967 Capitol Vinyl 45 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES All You Need Is Love 7" FINNISH Push-Out Version Black Parlo SUPERB USD $25.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES All You Need Is Love 7" Finnish JUKE BOX Version Black Parlo USD $20.00 [1 bids]
BEATLES & TOM CLAY "WE DON'T LIKE THEM WE LOVE THEM" TOM CLAY BEATLES INTERVIEW USD $200.00 Buy It Now 8h 13m
THE BEATLES NECK TIE BROWN "THE BEATLES ON APPLE" 100% SILK APPLE CORPS LOVELY USD $37.55 Buy It Now 8h 13m
Die Cast Collectible Taxi - The Beatles - All You Need Is Love - Die-cast Cars USD $27.05 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ALL MY LOVING SHEET MUSIC 1963 ORIGINAL USD $7.50 [0 bids]
EERO JA JUSSI Do You Want to Know a Secret BEATLES All My Loving FINNISH VERSION USD $20.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 7" UK 1ST KT TAX CODE DATE STAMPED SLEEVE VG USD $7.50 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVES SONGS MINT CONDITION TWO DISC LP RECORDS 1977 EMI limited USD $5.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES SHE LOVES YOU 7" UK 1ST MKT TAX CODE EX USD $7.50 [0 bids]
9h
The Beatles 7" Vinyl Record. She Loves You. New Zealand Pressing Parlophone USD $15.01 [0 bids]
BEATLES.LOVE ME DO 20th ANNIVERSARY PICTURE DISC.1982 PARLOPHONE.UK.MINT USD $19.95 Buy It Now 9h 25m
BEATLES.ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE 20th ANNIVERSARY PICTURE DISC.1987 UK.MINT USD $24.95 Buy It Now 9h 25m
BEATLES.CANT BUY ME LOVE 20th ANNIVERSARY PICTURE DISC.1984 PARLOPHONE.UK.MINT USD $19.95 Buy It Now 9h 25m
LOVE SONGS - THE BEATLES - RECORD - VINYL - DOUBLE ALBUM USD $1.50 [1 bids]
MCCARTNEYS WINGS MY LOVE FRENCH 7" SINGLE BEATLES MCCARTNEY USD $2.24 [1 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 7" Picture Disc RP4949 USD $12.76 [0 bids]
The Beatles: "Soldier of Love" Very Rare LP: SEALED USD $199.00 Buy It Now 10h 3m
Beatles And I Love Her If I Fell Capitol 5235 Rare Target Label Issued 1971 VG+ USD $8.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, SHE LOVES YOU ,7" VINYL USD $1.13 [1 bids]
Beatles 45: Swan S-4152-I "She Loves You" b/w "I'll Get You" USD $4.99 Buy It Now 10h 15m
THE BEATLES BRAZILIAN EP WORDS OF LOVE TARGET CAPITOL LABEL BRAZIL E.P. USD $37.55 Buy It Now 10h 23m
The Beatles 7" Vinyl "She Loves You" Lennon McCartney "I'll Get You" VG USD $1.49 [0 bids]
George Harrison 7" Single "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) Apple Beatles USD $1.49 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES words of love GERMAN BRS 1992 CD USD $13.00 Buy It Now 10h 35m
The Beatles Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY near mint USD $99.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Remember we dont like them we love them Promo IBBB zsc 97437 1964 USD $79.99 [0 bids]
Oldies 45 - 45RPM - The Beatles - P.S. I love you/Love me do USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Tollie Records- 45RPM - The Beatles - P.S. I love you/Love me do USD $5.99 [2 bids]
0 result found for "THE BEATLES"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(26%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#104589) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Send comments to 1800iareyay (BETA) | Report this review (#106331) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#106741) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#113403) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 24, 2007

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#372532) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#791487) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 20, 2012

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"