LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$17.99
Beatles LP - A Hard Days Night. Matrix 3N / 3N. Totally Trashed. Plays Very Well US $14.91 [0 bids]
29m 50s
Various Artists Kids Mix: Sing the Arts of the Beatles CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 30m 15s
Beatles Solo Career 45's Collection US $19.99 [0 bids]
31m 17s
RINGO STARR,YOU'RE SIXTEEN, 1974 :PICTURE SLEEVE / 45 RECORD / Beatles US $10.89 [0 bids]
31m 38s
The Beatles:Yesterday & Act Naturally / Capitol Records 5498 1965 w/ Inner US $10.89 [0 bids]
31m 38s
The Best Of Wayne Newton LP,CAPITOL STARLINE, SST2797,SHRINK, BEATLES INNER NM US $10.89 [0 bids]
31m 39s
THE BEATLES white album US Capitol SEBX11841 2lp LP COLORED WHITE VINYL + EXTRAS US $149.99 Buy It Now 34m 38s
Meet the Beatles! by The Beatles (Vinyl, Capitol/EMI Records) US $2.00 [0 bids]
34m 48s
RARE 1964 THE BEATLES' 2nd ALBUM JUKEBOX EP with TITLE STRIP-DISC ONLY US $93.00 [13 bids]
34m 49s
John Lennon Give Peace a Chance w/ PETER GABRIEL Lenny kravitz PROMO CD Beatles US $49.99 Buy It Now 35m 49s
the beatles at the hollywood bowl US $0.99 [0 bids]
35m 58s
BEATLES 45 -LET IT BE & YOU KNOW MY NAME - McCARTNEY/LENNON - ELVIS ESTATE FIND US $15.99 Buy It Now 36m 35s
PAUL MCCARTNEY - Tripping the LIVE Fantastic, 2 CD set with 2 Booklets, BEATLES US $8.00 [0 bids]
36m 59s
The Beatles Anthology 1 - Double Cassette Tape Set US $8.00 [0 bids]
37m 8s
CANADA ROCK GATEFOLD LP STEREO RAINBOW LP THE BEATLES : SGT PEPPER'S LONLY HEAR US $99.99 Buy It Now 38m 20s
SILVER BEATLES Like Dreamers Do SET OF 3 US $25.00 [0 bids]
38m 26s
LP THE BEATLES PLEASE PLEASE ME PICTURE DISC ODEON RECORDS EX CONDITION US $44.72 Buy It Now 40m 31s
AL FISHER & LOU MARKS: It's A Coo-Coo Beatle World 1964 Swan LP-514 Rare BEATLES US $125.00 Buy It Now 40m 42s
MARY WELLS: Love Songs To The Beatles LP 1965 OG UK Stateside VG+ 1G/1G US $75.00 Buy It Now 40m 49s
THE BEATLES WITH LOVE FROM US TO YOU - LARGE pin button badge - CLASSIC COOL ! US $2.65 Buy It Now 41m 33s
THE BEATLES YELLOW SUBMARINE / ELEANOR RIGBY 45 W/ PICTURE SLEEVE US $6.00 [0 bids]
42m 18s
The Beatles' 65 LP, T 2228 (M), MONO, 1964 on Capitol, EX ALL AROUND US $99.95 Buy It Now 42m 19s
THE BEATLES, featuring Tony Sheridan - The Early Years, ORIGINAL 1971 UK LP US $5.80 [0 bids]
42m 37s
STAR SOUND THE BEATLES Stars On 45 - 1981 UK 61 segued track CBS label Vinyl LP US $15.73 Buy It Now 42m 59s
BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 12" VINYL SINGLE RED PARLOPHONE 12R4949 US $19.70 Buy It Now 43m 32s
THE BEATLES - BEATLES TAPES, VOL. 3: THE 1964 WORLD TOUR - NEW CD US $12.91 Buy It Now 43m 33s
The Beatles PLEASE PLEASE ME 180g HQ AUDIOPHILE Remastered NEW SEALED Vinyl LP US $25.99 Buy It Now 43m 53s
The Beatles WITH THE BEATLES 180g HQ AUDIOPHILE Remastered NEW SEALED Vinyl LP US $25.99 Buy It Now 44m 18s
WASSSSS SEALED MINT BEATLES LP~INTRODUCING ENGLANDS No1 GROUP~STEREO~REISSUE! US $49.99 Buy It Now 45m 7s
7" SINGLE: The Carefrees 'WE LOVE YOU BEATLES' Pop Girl Group 1964 US $9.95 Buy It Now 45m 14s
LP JOHN LENNON COLLECTION BOX SET PLASTIC ONO BAND YOKO ROCK FOLK BEATLES BRAZIL US $1,156.92 Buy It Now 45m 36s
BEATLES Collection Of Oldies LP RARE LAST UK 60s YELLOW & BLACK PARLOPHONE MINT US $154.11 [4 bids]
46m 22s
BEATLES YELLOW SUBMARINE "MOBILE FIDELITY" FACTORY SEALED LP US $450.00 Buy It Now 47m 32s
Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour CD Digitised (Original Soundtrack, 2009) US $16.55 Buy It Now 48m 11s
The Beatles 33 rpm Record '' White Album'' Pictures & Poster Included'' US $49.98 [0 bids]
48m 37s
THE BEATLES "FEATURING TONY SHERIDAN" ORIGINAL ON CONTOUR STEREO CN 2007 US $3.30 [0 bids]
49m 29s
Rubber Soul [LP] The Beatles (Vinyl) EMI Odeon release #1C 072-04 115 US $60.00 Buy It Now 52m 55s
Bill Black's Combo - Black With Sugar LP Rare beatles US $29.99 Buy It Now 53m 34s
BEATLES Savage Young LP RARE SEALED VINYL TONY SHERIDAN US $89.99 Buy It Now 54m 16s
The Beatles - Illustrated Lyrics (Hardback) - Alan Aldridge US $8.29 [0 bids]
54m 20s
Beatles Symphonic Orchestra Beatles Symphonic Orchestra - Greatest Hits CD US $4.74 Buy It Now 56m 6s
A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr US $2.50 [2 bids]
56m 12s
RARE BEATLES 1974 "HEAR THE BEATLES TELL ALL" DIE-CUT PICTURE DISC / LP, NICE! US $79.99 Buy It Now 56m 23s
THE BEATLES REVOLVER LP 1978 US PRESSING CAPITOL SW-2576 NM VINYL. US $21.99 Buy It Now 56m 35s
Les Mersey's,beatles,top 30,french garage pop rock group,60th,paper sleeve,NM cd US $11.49 Buy It Now 56m 38s
BEATLES - Let It Be Naked - 2xCD US $11.58 Buy It Now 57m 25s
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU PINK HEART SHAPED VINYL UK IMPORT RECORD US $29.00 Buy It Now 57m 42s
Beatles collectable LP record "Something New" ST-2108-B8 US $35.00 Buy It Now 58m 18s
Beatles collectable LP record "The early Beatles" ST1-2309 US $40.00 Buy It Now 58m 18s
BEATLES - Past Masters volume one - CD US $9.76 Buy It Now 1h
BAROQUE BEATLES BOOK LP Joshua Rifkin Elektra 1965 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h
BEATLES "All You Need is Love / Baby You're A Rich Man" 7" 1967 Britpop NM 45 US $14.99 [0 bids]
1h
BEATLES - Live at the BBC - 2xCD fat box US $16.55 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Let It Be [LP] The Beatles (Vinyl) Apple Records / EMI release #1C 072-4 433 US $60.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
BEATLES - Rubber Soul - CD CDP 7 46440 2 US $19.87 Buy It Now 1h 2m
PAUL MCCARTNEY THE BEATLES original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 359-35 US $8.27 Buy It Now 1h 3m
The Beatles Box From Liverpool 8 LP Parlophone UK RARE US $90.00 [0 bids]
Beatles songbooks US $10.00 [0 bids]
Beatles - A Hard Day's Night - 1970's Australian LP US $66.28 Buy It Now 1h 5m
BEATLES - Hey Jude - Excellent Condition 7" Single Apple R 5722 US $18.21 Buy It Now 1h 5m
The Beatles: Stereo Box Set by The Beatles (CD, Sep-2009, 17 Discs, Capitol) US $149.00 [0 bids]
Paul Mauriat - Blooming Hits LP (Beatles Penny Lane, Love is Blue) VG/VG+ US $2.61 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Yesterday, The Beatles US $2.00 [0 bids]
CD GOLD DISC ALBUM BY THE BEATLES OF ONE FREE P&P! US $149.12 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Come Together Soundtrack APPLE RECORDS 3377 Vinyl LP Tony Anthony Beatles Label US $14.75 Buy It Now 1h 7m
THE BEATLES WHITE ALBUM 2 LP 1995 LIMITED EDITION MINT WAX with Poster Headshots US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Eight Days A Week The Beatles 45 US $2.00 [0 bids]
CAUDIO SIMONETTI LP PORTUGAL PS RARE M- 1988 BEATLES MEDLEY ITALO DISCO US $100.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
The Beatles Live LP, At The Star-Club In Hamburg Germany, German Pressing, GEMA US $49.95 Buy It Now 1h 9m
CD GOLD DISC ALBUM BY THE BEATLES (BEATLES FOR SALE) FREE P&P! US $149.12 Buy It Now 1h 9m
The Beatles : Live! At The Star-Club In Hamburg; 1962 (2-LP Set) US $16.49 [0 bids]
Beatles '69 Rehearsals Vol. 1 CD. In the Filmstudio Jan. 1969. Rare Excellent US $19.99 [0 bids]
PAUL MCCARTNEY THE BEATLES original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 359-27 US $8.27 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Beatles '69 Rehearsals Vol. 2 CD. In the Filmstudio Jan. 1969. Rare Excellent. US $19.99 [0 bids]
HELP The Beatles US $6.50 [0 bids]
BEATLES HARD DAY'S NIGHT RUSSIAN PRESSING LP US $29.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Paul McCartney Ram 24 Karat DCC Japan Gold CD Steve Hoffman Wings Beatles - MINT US $179.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 THERE,S A PLACE / TWIST AND SHOUT US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Beatles '69 Rehearsals Vol. 3 CD. In the Filmstudio Jan. 1969. Rare Excellent. US $19.99 [0 bids]
Linda McCartney Wide Prairie Excellent Japan CD Paul McCartney Wings The Beatles US $28.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
`Noir Paranoic` THE BEATLES Art Print Typography Song Lyrics Signed Wall Poster US $8.27 [0 bids]
B.J. ARNAU~Live and Let Die~RCA Victor 0014 VG+ HEAR 45 (Soul, Beatles, RARE) US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Love Songs, ORIGINAL 1977 DOUBLE-LP / inners....NICE COPY US $4.95 [0 bids]
LP BEATLES GOLDEN GREATEST HITS PICTURE DISC EMI 38 308 3 SW US $49.69 Buy It Now 1h 15m
PAUL MCCARTNEY THE BEATLES original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 359-23 US $8.27 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BEATLES - YELLOW SUBMARINE; '66 7", UNIQUE RARE SLEEVE US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
We Can work It Out , The Beatles US $2.00 [0 bids]
CD GOLD DISC ALBUM BY THE BEATLES OF RUBBER SOUL FREE P&P US $149.12 Buy It Now 1h 17m
The Beatles Live! LP, At The Star-Club In Hamburg Germany;1962,1977 on Lingasong US $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Book -- The BEATLES Files -- Davis -- 1998 Hard cover US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! A Hard Days Night [LP] The Beatles (Vinyl) EMI Odeon release US $100.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
SPRINGWELL It's For You / Our Question 45 NM NOS On PARROT BEATLES US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
"7"-George Harrison(Beatles)-My Sweet Lord~Japanese US $19.99 [0 bids]
"7"-George Harrison-Dark Horse/I don't care '74~Beatles US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ANTHOLOGY 1 *BRAND NEW* 2 CD Set US $8.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES! LET IT BE! URUGUAY IMPORT! JOHN LENNON PAUL McCARTNEY LOWEST PRICE! US $25.00 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES ~ RARE 1965 MONO LP ~ SONGBOOK VOL 2 BY THE HOLLYRIDGE STRINGS US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Live! LP, At The Star-Club In Hamburg Germany;1962,1977 on Bellaphon US $74.95 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BEATLES Record Set - 3 Promotional Color Vinyl 45s Capitol / Musicland PROMO Set US $39.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES A Hard Day's Night/And I Love Her RARE GREEK-ONLY 7'' SINGLE 45 rpm US $9.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(26%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#104589) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Send comments to 1800iareyay (BETA) | Report this review (#106331) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#106741) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#113403) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 24, 2007

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#372532) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#791487) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 20, 2012

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"