LOVE

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

1. Because (2:44)
2. Get Back (2:05)
3. Glass Onion (1:20)
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05)
5. I Am The Walrus (4:28)
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1:26)
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54)
8. Gnik Nus (0:55)
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29)
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22)
11. Help! (2:18)
12. Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (4:31)
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07)
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10)
16. Octopus's Garden (3:18)
17. Lady Madonna (2:56)
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18)
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45)
20. Revolution (2:14)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. (1:54)
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (3:46)
23. A Day In The Life (5:08)
24. Hey Jude (3:58)
25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:22)
26. All You Need Is Love (3:38)

Search THE BEATLES Love lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Love tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitars, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label:Apple/Capitol/EMI

Love is a soundtrack compilation album by The Beatles released in November 2006. The album features music compiled and remixed for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles, with the latter commenting that "What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

Thanks to tony r for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$17.99
Beatles Dizzy Miss Lizzy / Anna Japan Import 45 W/ Picture Sleeve 700 Yen - Mono US $40.49 Buy It Now 29m 39s
Beatles Album "Yesterday and Today" US $75.00 [0 bids]
31m 46s
John Lennon ( The Beatles ) Yin Yang 1Lp US $28.25 Buy It Now 31m 47s
The Roots Of The Beatles - V/A New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $16.35 Buy It Now 31m 50s
BEATLES-MEET THE BEATLES! LP-CAP AP LABEL US $20.00 [0 bids]
31m 56s
BEATLES 1964 T2108 SOMETHING NEW LP COVER & VINYL EXC US $99.95 Buy It Now 32m 48s
THE BEATLES RARE PHOTOS & INTERVIEW LIMITED EDITION CD'S VOL.1 & 2 US $9.99 [0 bids]
32m 54s
Beatles LP "SAVAGE YOUNG BEATLES" w/Bonus CD - SEALED 180gr. HQ Vinyl US $27.65 Buy It Now 33m 1s
THE BEATLES TOMORROW NEVER KNOWS iTunes PROMO LP LIMITED TO 1000 NEW MEGARARE US $1,400.00 Buy It Now 33m 11s
" THE BEATLES, BEATLES "65", (T-2228) NICE FOR A ORIGINAL MONO W/ SLEEVE, CLEAN" US $79.99 Buy It Now 34m 14s
BEATLES-2ND ALBUM LP-GREEN LABEL-RECORD ONLY US $10.00 [0 bids]
34m 30s
" THE BEATLES, THE BEATLES 6 (T-2358) MONO, BEAUTIFUL CONDITION, WELL KEPT,NM!!" US $129.95 Buy It Now 34m 30s
" BEATLES, THE EARLY BEATLES, NICE ORIGINAL STEREO, COMES WITH INNER SLEEVE!!" US $69.95 Buy It Now 34m 43s
" THE BEATLES"YESTERDAY AND TODAY, STEREO, VERY NICE ,W/ GOLD RECORD AWARD,NM!" US $110.00 Buy It Now 34m 57s
" BEATLES, SOMETHINGE NEW, (ST-2108) ORIGINAL STEREO IN SHRINKWRAP, VERY NICE!" US $129.95 Buy It Now 35m 9s
" THE BEATLES, SONGS PICTURES AND STORIES GATEFOLD, W/ ORIG INNER SLEEVE,BEAUTY" US $175.00 Buy It Now 35m 26s
" BEATLES, MAGiCAL MYSTERY TOUR( SMAL-2835) ORIGINAL GATEFOLD W/BOOK, NM RECORD" US $59.95 Buy It Now 35m 37s
" THE BEATLES, BEATLES "65", (T-2228) BEAUTIFUL CONDITION FOR A MONO DISC!, NM!" US $129.95 Buy It Now 35m 49s
"BEATLES", SECOND ALBUM (ST-2080). ORIGINAL RAINBOW MONO,BEAUTIFUL COPY" US $89.99 Buy It Now 36m
THE BEATLES BROOCH-BADGE-PIN GOLD (COLOURED) GENUINE ITEM FROM THE 1960's US $48.14 [0 bids]
36m 3s
" BEATLES WHITE ALBUM, WITH INSERTS, EMBOSSED BEATLES,#2617563 COVER,VERY NICE!" US $119.95 Buy It Now 36m 10s
GEORGE HARRISON THE BEATLES STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 1 US $6.16 Buy It Now 36m 16s
GEORGE HARRISON THE BEATLES STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 3 US $6.16 Buy It Now 36m 18s
BEATLES GOT TO GET YOU INTO , 1965 CAPITO VINTAGE EX VYNAL, EX COVER, EX INSERT US $12.95 [0 bids]
36m 36s
GEORGE HARRISON - All Those Years Ago | RARE Beatles PROMO Dark Horse 12" US $18.98 Buy It Now 37m 6s
BEATLES-SOMETHING NEW LP-MONO US $10.00 [0 bids]
37m 9s
BEATLES REL.: SISTERS LOVE; BLACKBIRD & NOW IS THE TIME; A&M 1178 VG++ FUNK 45 US $16.00 Buy It Now 37m 50s
Beatles - Something- 7" Single - 1994 - USA - Blue Vinyl - NEW US $18.00 Buy It Now 38m 6s
If I Fell,And I Love Her, Beatles, 45RPM,Vinyl,7in,Pop,Capitol 5235, 1960s,Good+ US $10.00 [2 bids]
38m 23s
WINGS BEATLES - GOODNIGHT TONIGHT - GERMANY 45 SINGLE US $9.99 Buy It Now 39m 4s
BEATLES let it be Lp RECORD GATEFOLD THE BEATLES APPLE AR34001 US $89.29 Buy It Now 39m 17s
The Beatles Revolver new Official 76mm x 76mm Fridge Magnet US $4.41 Buy It Now 39m 43s
paul mccartney beatles pipes of peace lp record parlophone vinyl album ex plus!! US $3.19 [0 bids]
40m 6s
BEATLES-SGT. PEPPER IMPORT LP US $20.00 [0 bids]
40m 7s
THE BEATLES MONTHLY BOOK No 30 GENUINE ISSUE FROM JANUARY 1966 AWESOME CONDITION US $16.04 [0 bids]
40m 13s
Beatles Paul McCartney & Wings 2CD Last Flight The Complete 1979 Glasgow US $100.00 [0 bids]
40m 24s
The Beatles Anthology 1 and 2 complete! US $14.99 [0 bids]
40m 44s
Paul McCartney 6 Wings JUNIOR'S FARM JAPAN 7"single beatles US $5.99 [0 bids]
40m 54s
BEATLES VJ LP INTRODUCING THE BEATLES 1964 VJLP1062 (MONO) LP US $60.00 [0 bids]
42m 11s
BEATLES - REPRO VINTAGE TOLLIE RECORDS 4-SONG 7" EP - LOVE ME DO + 3 US $29.99 Buy It Now 42m 34s
BEATLES-MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR LP-APPLE LABEL US $20.00 [0 bids]
45m 10s
Anthology 1 by The Beatles (CD, 2-Disc Set) US $8.99 Buy It Now 45m 56s
1 by The Beatles (CD, Nov-2000, Apple/Capitol) US $1.00 [0 bids]
46m 7s
Beatles - The Beatles Anthology 3 - UK Import Album US $44.99 Buy It Now 47m 30s
COME TOGETHER Soundtrack LP US ORG Sealed 1971 BEATLES Apple US $30.00 Buy It Now 48m 30s
RARE FRENCH BEATLES EP ODEON MEO 105 YESTERDAY US $29.99 [1 bids]
48m 50s
THE BEATLES YESTERDAY EP 7" VINYL 45 PARLOPHONE UK MONO EX RARE! Gepo 70026 US $23.99 Buy It Now 49m 23s
101 STRINGS-PLAY HITS WRITTEN BY THE BEATLES US $3.99 [0 bids]
49m 52s
( Beatles ) BILLY PRESTON GET BACK - SPACE RACE US $29.99 Buy It Now 50m 17s
THE BEATLES Sepia Band w/ Ties & LogoSquare 3-inch MAGNET NEW OFFICIAL MERCH US $4.36 Buy It Now 50m 28s
Beatles Anthology 3 Sealed Tripple Vinyl LP 33 rpm Record US $39.95 [0 bids]
51m 8s
STEFAN ANDERSON-CRAZE HORSE4742 PROMO R&B ROCK 45 (THE BEATLES HIT) HELP VG++ US $9.95 Buy It Now 51m 23s
BEATLES-ON AIR -LIVE AT THE BBC-JAPAN 3 LP EUROPIAN PRESS + OBI S69 US $84.99 Buy It Now 51m 30s
Ringo Starr Rare Liverpool 8 Studio Album USB Wristband Factory Sealed - Beatles US $19.99 [0 bids]
51m 36s
THE BEATLES At the BEEB Vol 3 RARE RECORD LP VG++ US $26.00 [0 bids]
52m 44s
RARE FRENCH BEATLES EP ODEON MEO 116 I NEED YOU US $29.99 [1 bids]
52m 56s
BEATLES With the Beatles orig MONO vinyl LP EX/VG+ PMC 1240 4N/4N US $88.29 Buy It Now 53m 41s
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL REEL TO REEL TWIN TRACK TAPE HELP ! MONO TA-PMC 1255 GRAND US $56.17 [0 bids]
53m 44s
McVicar LP Sealed 1980 The Who Roger Daltrey Free Me Hard Rock Beatles Stones US $4.99 [0 bids]
54m 5s
JOHN LENNON THE BEATLES STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 2 US $6.16 Buy It Now 54m 25s
JOHN LENNON THE BEATLES STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 3 US $6.16 Buy It Now 54m 26s
JOHN LENNON THE BEATLES STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 5 US $6.16 Buy It Now 54m 29s
john lennon limited edition cassette the beatles US $84.99 Buy It Now 54m 41s
Captitol Record The Beatles RUBBER SOUL Record ST 2442 US $19.00 Buy It Now 55m 36s
Captitol Record The Beatles SOMETHING NEW Record US $12.95 Buy It Now 55m 36s
Captitol Record The Bealtes First Album MEET THE BEATLES Record ST 2047 US $24.00 Buy It Now 55m 36s
Beatles I Want To Hold Your Hand Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl US $80.24 Buy It Now 57m 19s
BEATLES AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL '64-65 CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 57m 53s
RARE FRENCH BEATLES EP ODEON SOE 3779 HONEY DONT US $48.00 [5 bids]
57m 59s
RINGO STARR THE BEATLES STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 2 US $6.16 Buy It Now 58m 32s
RINGO STARR THE BEATLES STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 4 US $6.16 Buy It Now 58m 33s
THE BEATLES REVOLVER ..ST 2576....RECORD ALBUM US $19.99 [0 bids]
59m 18s
THE BEATLES .... RUBBER SOUL...T 2442....MONO..RECORD ALBUM US $29.99 [0 bids]
1h
1964 BEATLES ORIGINAL I'LL CRY INSTEAD CAPITOL RECORD PICTURE SLEEVE NO RECORD US $19.99 [0 bids]
1h
BEATLES 45 RPM I'll Get You - She Loves You 1964 SWAN 4152 HEAR! US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h
RARE FRENCH BEATLES EP ODEON SOE 3778 MISERY US $44.89 [3 bids]
1h
From Us to You, A Parlophone Rehearsal Session by The Beatles 1975 Vinyl US $45.00 Buy It Now 1h
THE EARLY BEATLES...T 2309....MONO..RECORD ALBUM US $29.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles "All You Need Is Love & Baby You're A Rich Man" NM US $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES-GREEN COLORED VINYL LP-BUTCHER COVER-YESTERDAY AND TODAY-MONO T 2553 US $49.99 [0 bids]
DAVID HENTSCHEL (beatles) /startling music/1975 lp US $89.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
The Beatles *There's A Place / Twist And Shout* 1964 Tollie Vinyl 45rpm US $1.99 [0 bids]
PETER FRAMPTON-NOW-RARE ADVANCE PROMO CD-w GEORGE HARRISON (BEATLES) COVER SONG US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Instrumentally Yours: Beatles Classics (CD, Jun-1999, Universal Distribution) US $34.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ABBEY ROAD.. RECORD ALBUM US $16.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH BEATLES EP ODEON SOE 3772 YESTERDAY 2nd SLEEVE US $22.99 [1 bids]
RINGO STARR - IT DON'T COME EASY , ANGOLA (AFRICA) 7'' BEATLES US $49.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Yesterday / Act Naturally (VG) 1965 #1816 US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
comic books -- BEATLES -- Complete -- 8 comic book set -- Rock 'n' roll comics US $45.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
The Beatles - I Feel Fine/She's A Woman - EMI/Parlophone 7" Pic. Disc RP5200 NM US $17.99 [0 bids]
A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles (CD, Aug-1988, Capitol/EMI Records) US $4.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH BEATLES EP ODEON SOE 3772 YESTERDAY 1st SLEEVE US $39.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Quote Unquote CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
** THE BEATLES ~ ANTHOLOGY 3 ~ DOUBLE CASSETTE TAPE ** US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Beatles CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "IT'S THE BLACK AND WHITE MINSTREL SHOW" STASH 638 (1985) 2-LP EX US $84.97 Buy It Now 1h 10m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(26%)

THE BEATLES Love reviews

Review by Chicapah
4 stars What makes this a 4-star album on a progressive web site? Uniqueness. I have never heard anything quite like this and probably never will again in my lifetime. If you are a fan of the Fab Four please do not overlook this incredible cd. I find it to be extraordinary. If you feel that somehow this violates the sanctity of the original songs then stick with the remastered albums that are easily available to all. I understand and I won't think less of you. But, IMHO, this is the most progressive Beatles album ever. That's saying a lot, I know, but hear me out. George Martin was and still is a genius. Anyone else would have made a mess of this project but he has created a masterpiece. It's not just a medley. It's like a phantasmagoric hallucinatory dream about the Beatles and I'm sure that's what the Cirque creates with it onstage. But let's leave the show out of it and listen to the music. It's a joy to recognize snippets of songs cleverly interwoven with the familiar melodies and the fact that the cd plays like one very long song is a trip in itself. Just a few highlights: The gorgeous harmonies of "Because" in acapella, "Mr.Kite/She's So Heavy," and "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" are all spectacular meshings of texture and musical color that really catch you off-guard. The engineering and production are magnificent. "Enough already" I hear you saying but I'm just urging you to give this a spin, especially if you know every song by heart. It's a treat for the ears and the mind and a fitting, loving tribute to the band and music that Mr. Martin had a big part in creating and nurturing.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#104589) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Review by 1800iareyay
1 stars Love is the soundtrack to some Cirque du Soleil show of the same name. As if I didn't like the Cirque du Soleil enough to begin with, they decided to remix and splice some of the greatest music ever written to appease some pretentious, wealthy WASPs who are too good to see a real circus. What amazes and even stuns me is that Sir George Martin actually agreed to destroy the legacy he helped to build.

For the most part the songs are the same, but they are spliced together in some horrible manner, creating some sort of artificial medley. This album should at the very least make Beatles fans uncomfortable. Hopefully, this is the last cash-in on the Beatles legacy. I thought George Martin was infallble up til this point. Love is to my vision of George Martin as Biff seeing the lady in his father's hotel room in the play Death of a Salesman. Reality shatters the illusion. This album might have been somewhat better if they hadn't used some inferior verions of classics. The scratchy acoustic version of Strawberry Fields sounds like it was recorded in the 20s.

This album has no redeemable qualities. If you love Beatles music, buy Beatles albums. Steer clear of this pathetic cash-in.

Grade: F

Send comments to 1800iareyay (BETA) | Report this review (#106331) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007

Review by chopper
4 stars A mash-up of Beatle songs? Sacrilege! Well, Giles Martin says in the liner notes it felt a bit like "painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa" but this isn't really the case - if you want to listen to the originals, they're still there. This project is the music for a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas which, judging by the documentary which was on over Christmas, looks stunning. George and Giles have taken a number of Beatles songs and, with the Fabs' approval, chopped and changed them into something new. Only the string backing to Harrison's demo of "While my guitar gently weeps" was recorded specially for this CD. Snippets of songs float around and they are sometimes hard to recognise (I still haven't worked out what has been added to the chorus of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds").

Without going through every song (as they are so well known), I will just pick out the highlight and lowlights.

Highlights

As another reviewer mentioned, the segueing of Mr Kite into the guitar riff from "I Want You" is probably the best moment on the CD and still gives me shivers even though I've heard it probably 20 times. The laying of the "Within you, without you" vocal over the drum and bass pattern from "Tomorrow Never Knows" is another moment of genius. "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is good although a bit short, otherwise it would have made a good single. It's the only song on the CD which is a bit "Stars on 45". "I am the Walrus" sounds fantastic, and "Revolution" leaps out of the speakers and you can understand why people took the original single back complaining about the distortion.

Lowlights

I'm not sure about the ambulance siren over "Julia" - is this intended as a reference to the death of John's mother? Also, two of the older tracks ("I want to hold your hand" and "Help") are presented pretty much as is, except for a bit of editing and crowd noise on the former, and I don't really see the point of that.

Overall, any Beatles fan should get this, if only for the fantastic-sounding 5.1 DVD.

One minor gripe - the bit which is credited as "Cry Baby Cry (transition)" is actually McCartney's short and uncredited "Can you take me back" which follows "Cry Baby Cry" on "The Beatles".

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#106741) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Review by Chris S
1 stars This is pure exploitation of the Beatles fan base. An absolutely overkilled production released just in time to hit the marketplace prior to Christmas 2006. I guess re-inventing the wheel to play the same songs in another format will suckerpunch many die hards into buying this. If you are a completionist then I suggest you go for it, well you probably have already. Otherwise concentrating on collecting the albums instead. This is almost as exploitive as PinK Floyd's release a best of...Echoes. Echoes of a rip off more like. Of course the songs are good. The big question I have to ask is..why? Avoid at all costs.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#113403) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 24, 2007

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars This is an interesting collection but nothing essential for a Beatles fan. This was made to be a soundtrack for a Circe de Soleil production based on the Beatles music. This is a remix album produced by George Martin and his son Giles. On some songs completely different takes are used than the single/album versions. On other songs more the one song are mixed together. The only "new" music here was the strings recorded for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The sound is very good and is similar to the later 2009 remasters.

I bought this when it came out before Christmas 2006. It was nice to see that the physical CD copies of this sold very well. I have only heard this all the way through maybe 5 times since I bought it. The success of Love was responsible for other remix albums like the Bob Marley one that came out not long after. While this is impressive, I agree with Paul McCartney that they didn't go "far enough." "I Am The Walrus", "Help", "Revolution", "Back In The USSR", "A Day In The Life", "Sgt. Pepper's...(Reprise)" and "All You Need Is Love" are basically the same as the single/album versions. Kind of pointless, really.

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is just the studio version with the screaming audience from the Ed Sullivan Show added. "Because" is just the vocals with bird sounds. At the end you hear the last note of "A Day In The Life" which segues into "Get Back". This starts with the drum solo from "The End" as well as some of the guitar solos from that song. The majority of the song is the studio version of "Get Back" with crowd noises. "Glass Onion" is cut-up, you can hear the brass from "Penny Lane". "Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" is the most interesting track here; a nice mix of all three songs.

"Gnik Nus" is the vocals from "Sun King" backwards with a tamboura from another song. "Something" is mostly the album version but with the beginning of "Blue Jay Way" and vocals from "Nowhere Man" added at the end. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is basically the album version with the guitar riff from "I Want You..." and the vocals from "Helter Skelter" added. "Strawberry Field Forever" starts with a count-in; this sounds like a different take than the single version. You hear horns from "Sgt. Pepper's...", the piano solo from "In My Life" and the brass from "Penny Lane". Then the end to "Hello Goodbye"

"Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" is a great mix of both songs. "Octopus' Garden" is the vocals from that song with the music from "Good Night" at first. Then you hear sound effects from "Yellow Submarine" and it goes into the music from "Octopus". The music from "Sun King" at the end. "Lucy In The Sky..." sounds like a different take than the album version. Music from "Hey Bulldog" is mixed in. "Come Together" is basically the album version with a bit of "Dear Prudence" and the end of "Cry Baby Cry" added. "Hey Jude" starts off with the single version then has an a capella part with drums and a cool bass part from somewhere else.

Nice to listen to once in awhile. 2 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#372532) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I received this as birthday present in 2006 the year "Love" was released and did not know what to expect as I had every album of the Beatles and considered it just another compilation. When I first put this on I was absolutely stunned as it was a genuine makeover of Beatles classics. The way the songs are remixed is astounding and the songs merge seamlessly together, overlapped, pastiches from all sorts of sources, segued with transitions, and a ton of surprises that I am not going to give away here. I can tell you emphatically though that this is a completely unique compilation with definitive Beatles classics compiled together. There are lots of edits but it is all done so lovingly taking great care to maintain the best of each song, adding new experiences but not ruining the original versions.

Some highlights are the a capella Because (2:44), Glass Onion (1:20), Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) (3:05), brilliant I Am The Walrus (4:28), and the medley of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (1:54), with the same drum beat mixed perfectly together. Some weird moments will make you sit up and take notice such as backwards Sun King, Gnik Nus (0:55), and Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) (3:29), that sound beautiful together. I also adore this version of "Sgt Pepper" treasures, Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (3:22); the merging of all these tracks are incredible sounding as though they belong together.

It is nice to hear classics revamped and given a new breath of life, such as indelible Blackbird/Yesterday (2:31), and psychedelic masterclass, Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (3:07) followed appropriately by LSD celebration Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (4:10). Even though I have heard these songs ad nauseum, these newer makeovers are triumphs.

Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) (4:18) is a mesmirising section, along with stalwart classics Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) (4:45), again blended lovingly in the studio from the original masters. It was great to hear A Day In The Life (5:08) alternative versions, which are the same as "Anthology" versions but still remains my favourite Beatles song in any format.

There are a lot of songs that have little variation as if they were too precious to touch but this is a shame really because we can always listen to the originals so they should have went wild with this chance to revamp old material. Alas, they did not and so it is easy to look at this as rather an obsolete package. however there are enough interesting pastiches and alt mixes to enthuse me. It is better than a boring old compilation in any case. Furthermore this is a progressive album, with tons of effects and creative musical montages, like a concept album without a concept.

The booklet is all new art with montages of the fab four given a decidedly modern look. The Cirque de Soleil stage show that went with this is of course a spectacle for Beatles fanatics, and I have seen the DVD of this and enjoyed it. Nevertheless the album 'soundtrack' itself is one of my favourite excursions into revisiting Beatles territory because all my faves are here and jammed together onto one amazing album. "Love" doesn't replace the originals but it certainly enhances a new listening experience, and shows that The Beatles are always going to be masters of their craft, and continue to draw massive crowds. Their legacy will live on with such projects as "Love" and so let it be.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#791487) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 20, 2012

3 stars This is a very peculiar album. A remix of The Beatles best works seemed quite frightful to me. These fears were quickly expelled after i listened to it.the tracks were put together quite masterfully. my favorite is the version of While My Guitar Genty Weeps which is by far much more beautiful th ... (read more)

Report this review (#120305) | Posted by drumsandbass | Monday, April 30, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 stars at best! I got rather mixed feelings about the album. On one hand I'm a Beatle fan and appreciate every rarities' or re-mastered albums versions of well known and lost-and-found tapes. So anything new and authentic is great (like Dali's or Picasso's originals). And from thnat standpoint t ... (read more)

Report this review (#113389) | Posted by chrenos | Saturday, February 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new Beatles ? Yes it is. Do you think that The Beatles were not in the progressive side of rock at the end of the 6o's ? You certainly right. But today, they are ! With that strange but incredible "Love" album, you'll find a new Beatles sound and a new pleasure to listen to all of their famous ... (read more)

Report this review (#110536) | Posted by BronDune | Saturday, February 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can understand why many people look to this release as to just antoher speculation on the Fab Four's name, and maybe EMI had that sole purpose in mind. I can also understand that many listeners be appalled to hear their favourite classics being tampered with. Anyway, although I deeply love ... (read more)

Report this review (#106714) | Posted by BiGi | Tuesday, January 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This is a generally poor release, another attempt at milking more money out of the Beatles legend. Like the first reviewer, I fail to see the point of this release, if you're a seasoned fan of the Beatles and have all of their songs memorized, listening to these merged/mixed songs is really akwar ... (read more)

Report this review (#104059) | Posted by OGTL | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I borrowed this from a friend, intrigued but not willing to spend real money on what could be taken for even more cynical exploitation of the band. I returned it without even copying a single track. I just wondered "what is the point of this?". Many tracks appeared relatively unchanged (so why ... (read more)

Report this review (#104046) | Posted by zedkatz | Thursday, December 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love"