Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here CD (album) cover

WISH YOU WERE HERE

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Frasse
4 stars Almost Everything on this album is so 70s. Right from the sleeve cover , especially the sticker, to the Moog synths. Of course it's the best the 70s have to offer and, imho, dated thing are more interesting than timeless things.

I can't remember the first time I heard this but I remember that I started liking the title track about two years ago. Nowadays I'm more keen oof the epic "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", especially part 1. This song is the definite Space Rock statement, a masterpiece of creating atmosphere in music. On the contrary, I'm not that fond of "Welcome To The Machine" and I'm quite neutral to "Have A Cigar".

Overall a very good album though, in fact Pink Floyds best.

Frasse | 4/5 |