Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

zedkatz
2 stars In the certain knowledge that my own rating will not affect the overall standing of this album whatsoever I prepare to write the unthinkable...

First of all, Pink Floyd are not a favourite of mine at all. I dislike the early stuff and find their output from Dark Side onwards (with a few notable exceptions) fairly unremarkable.

Where this album excels is in the state of the art production values for the time, at a time when stereo systems were becoming much more available. It captured the possibilities and I'll admit the sounds is still excellent. I just don't find anything to stimulate me in the music. This despite that Gilmour is one of my favourite guitarists.

I give it 2 stars, for fans only, but am fully aware that there are legions of Floyd fans out there. It didn't convert me to fanhood. The album that followed very nearly succeeded though!

zedkatz | 2/5 |