Tangerine Dream - Stratosfear CD (album) cover

STRATOSFEAR

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

DrömmarenAdrian
4 stars My second meeting with Tangerine Dream was "Stratosfear" from 1976 and that was a totally different experience than "Phaedra" which was boring in all ways. Released thirty-seven years ago by a band made up by Edgar Froese, Christoph Franke and Peter Baumann it's the seventh record by the band. The cover picture is very unique with bright colours in a dramatic surrealistic landscape and the musical box contains four tracks of beautiful instrumental music.

Where I though "Phaedra" was boring and totally uninteresting this was something else and I have to thank ProgArchives' member "Bloodnarfer" who suggested me to listen to it. Otherwise I may have ended my Tangerine Dream journey forever. "Stratosfear" has a lot of symphonic tendencies, some of them represented of the sound of a flute(perhaps not a real one), but the music is mostly electronic in a futuristic way. Here I find certain melodies and a lot of music. I am happy to have heard it. "Invisible Limits" and "Stratosfear" are my favourite tracks on the album!

On the negative side I have not much to mention. Third piece: "3am at the border of the marsch from Okefenokee" was very ambiant, such as earlier TD records and they could have developped their melodical approach further.

As a full unite this is a reasonable bit of music to travell into and enjoy. I recommend it for anyone! Four stars.

DrömmarenAdrian | 4/5 |